PDA

View Full Version : Mono Nurgle WOC 2400pts

daismith906
19-12-2013, 16:16
Hi All

Looking to start my next project (normally play dwarfs) and am starting a Nurgle themed WOC army

Normally play 2400pts so heres what ive come up with for c&c

Lords
Daemon Prince, Lvl 4, Chaos Armour, Flight, Mark of Nurlge, Scaled Skin, Soul Feeder Charmed Shield, Dragonbane Gem = 475pts
Lords Total = 475pts

Hero’s
Throgg – 195pts
Hero’s Total = 195pts in unit of trolls

Core
20 Chaos Warriors, FOC, Mark of Nurgle, Shields, Halberds, Banner of Swiftness = 445pts
24 Chaos Warriors, FOC, Mark of Nurgle, Shields = 438pts
Chaos Chariot, Mark of Nurgle = 125pts
5 Chaos Warhounds – 30pts
Core Total = 1193pts

Special
8 Chaos Trolls – 280pts
Chimera, Regeneration = 245pts
Special Total = 525pts

Main Total = 2398pts

Wash
19-12-2013, 18:47
Throgg makes your trolls core, so if you wan't you can probably take 1 of those warrior units out and spend more points on something like a Hellcanon or another chimera

daismith906
19-12-2013, 19:00
Really want to have two units of warriors for the core of my army as been bought two boxes of AOW Corruptors of Apocalypse for xmas and love the minis

couldnt justify using throgg for only one units of trolls so dropped both units and tweaked my list slightly

Lords
Daemon Prince, Lvl 4, Chaos Armour, Daemonic Flight, Mark of Nurgle, Scaled Skin, Soul Feeder, Charmed Shield, Sword of Striking, Dragonbane Gem = 500pts
Lords Total = 500pts (Lore of Death)

Hero’s
Chaos Sorcerer , Lvl 2, Mark of Nurgle, Enchanted Shield, Dispell Scroll, Iron Curse Icon = 190pts (Lore of Nurgle)
Hero’s Total = 190pts

Core
18 Chaos Warriors, FC, Mark of Nurgle, Shields, Halberds, Banner of Swiftness = 405pts (Sorcerer here)
24 Chaos Warriors, FC, Mark of Nurgle, Shields = 438pts
Core Total = 1153pts

Special
Gorebeast Chariot, Mark of Nurgle = 140pts
Chimera, Flaming Breath, Regeneration = 275pts
Special Total = 555pts

Main Total = 2398pts

Korpacz
19-12-2013, 19:19
I think you're going to have some frustrating games without a BSB. Nurgle is rock solid in combat, but your whole army is still only LD5-8 except the prince of course, but he's probably going to be flying around with the LD5 chimera anyways. So if your dogs happen to panic or break and hit your lines, you're going to have a few really nervous LD8 rolls. You'd be surprised how easy it is for an entire battle line to fail a couple LD8 tests and panic of the board.

The sorcerer doesn't do much for you, he's a 190pt dispel scroll. I'd just forego the scroll and turn him into a BSB w/ MoN and some defensive gear.

Also, my personal preference with foot slogging armies is taking a hellcannon, it helps prevent people from sitting in a corner and waiting for you, it often time forces them to engage earlier than they would like, it's also a great answer for stuff like greater demons and steam tanks, as well as low LD stuff like mournfang. The chimera sort of does the same thing, but I think the hellcannon is more effective in this type of army, especially since you don't need to babysit it and don't have to worry about it panicking your battle line.

daismith906
20-12-2013, 12:16
tweaked list to include bsb and hellcannon

Lords
Daemon Prince, Lvl 4, Chaos Armour, Daemonic Flight, Mark of Nurlge, Scaled Skin, Soul Feeder, Charmed Shield, Sword of Striking, Dragonbane Ge = 500pts
Lords Total = 500pts

Hero’s
Exalted Hero, BSB, Mark of Nurgle, Additional Hand Weapon, Enchanted Shield – 5pts,Talisman of Preservation, Iron Curse Icon = 203pts
Hero’s Total = 203pts

Core
21 Chaos Warriors, FC, Mark of Nurgle, Shields, Halberds, Banner of Swiftness = 465pts (Exalted Hero here)
21 Chaos Warriors, FC, Mark of Nurgle, Shields, Standard of Discipline = 402pts
5 Chaos WarhoundS – 30pts
Core Total = 927pts

Special
Chimera, Flaming Breath, Regeneration = 275pts
Special Total = 555pts

Rare
Hell Cannon – 210pts
Rare Total = 210pts

Main Total = 2395pts

Crube
06-01-2014, 18:37
Slightly late reply I know, but...

I make your DP 490 points unless I'm missing something?
The BSB has 5 points too much for magic items - the 3 listed come to 55 points, whereas he's only allowed 50....
1st unit has halberds and shields? The halberd requires 2 hands... without the halberds - 402
The 2nd Warrior unit should be 402 too

This leaves the total for your army at 2380... a whole 20 points to spend!!!

Unless of course, I am missing something obvious ;)

Ossirian
10-01-2014, 17:44
Remove the enchanted shield from your hero as he has an additional hand weapon replace it with a regular shield and use the the 20 pts for scaled skin for him. Can use +1hw in combat and also has a 1+ save vs shooting 2+ cc. Also solves the magic items limit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)