PDA

View Full Version : 1800 points dark elves

Inglorious
19-12-2013, 22:28
So looking at going to an unusual team tournament in february and i'm working on getting this list prepared as quickly as possible so that i can have it practised for a few games by then.

So this is what i was thinking:

Dreadlord
Lance
heavy armour
sea dragon cloak
Pegasus
Cloak of twilight
Obsidian trinket
Charmed shield

Sorceress
Lvl 1 Beasts
Dispel scroll

Master
BSB
Heavy armour
Sea dragon cloak
Enchanted shield
dawnstone
Sword of might

10 Darkshards
Musician

10 Darkshards
Musician

5 Dark Riders
Musician
Shields
RXB's

5 Dark Riders
Musician
Shields
RXB's

23 Executioners
Full command

Repeater Bolt Thrower

Repeater Bolt Thrower

5 Shades

5 Warlocks

5 Warlocks

I am aware that going to a tournament without a lvl 4 is a bit unusual, but 2 lvl 2's and a lvl 1 with 5 very useful spells (I will be taking wildform on the sorceress everytime) will provide a decent magic phase, defence might be a little weak but i should be able to get by.

Other than that can you see any areas that i could improve?

Shadoer
20-12-2013, 01:29
Well the Warlocks should certainly help your magic phase, but your main problem is that you only have one real killy unit (the Excecutioners) and it isn't very durable. I guess if your team mate is the one bringing the pain and your list is mainly for support, it should be fine.

I'd personally recommend combining the two warlock units into one, if only so they can act better as a hitting unit. You already have plenty of chaff, it shouldn't be a problem merging them.

So looking at going to an unusual team tournament in february and i'm working on getting this list prepared as quickly as possible so that i can have it practised for a few games by then.

So this is what i was thinking:

Dreadlord
Lance
heavy armour
sea dragon cloak
Pegasus
Cloak of twilight
Obsidian trinket
Charmed shield

Sorceress
Lvl 1 Beasts
Dispel scroll

Master
BSB
Heavy armour
Sea dragon cloak
Enchanted shield
dawnstone
Sword of might

10 Darkshards
Musician

10 Darkshards
Musician

5 Dark Riders
Musician
Shields
RXB's

5 Dark Riders
Musician
Shields
RXB's

23 Executioners
Full command

Repeater Bolt Thrower

Repeater Bolt Thrower

5 Shades

5 Warlocks

5 Warlocks

I am aware that going to a tournament without a lvl 4 is a bit unusual, but 2 lvl 2's and a lvl 1 with 5 very useful spells (I will be taking wildform on the sorceress everytime) will provide a decent magic phase, defence might be a little weak but i should be able to get by.

Other than that can you see any areas that i could improve?

Inglorious
20-12-2013, 07:03
unfortunately its not that sort of a team tournament. 3 players per team and you bid for opponents from the other team kinda like the ETC. So no actual team mates on the battlefield.

I have considered combining the warlocks but that is 2 less spells a turn effectively. more durability and combat damage output though....

Shadoer
20-12-2013, 07:53
Hmm, well another thing you might want to try is just combine a bunch of your units.

1. Combine your two Darkshard units into one Darkshard unit and give them full command as well as give them shields. That should make them sort of ok in close combat and capable of holding something on their own.

2. Drop the RXB on the Dark Riders and combine them into 1 unit. Use them as something to run down stuff and act as flanking support.

3. With your Dreadlord, drop both the Obsidian Trinket and the Charmed Shield. Give him a normal shield and throw on him the Ring of Hotek. That should help boost your magic defenses.

4. I just realized your BSB can't have a shield. Unless it's a special tournament rule, he's got to go shieldless. That also means the Dawnstone will be less effective. I'm not sure what you have in your model pool or what your willing to do, but you are going to have to rethink him. Personally, I'd look at having him on a second Dark Pegasus flying around and looking for things to pick off.

5. Keep the Warlocks separate. You might be right, might as well keep them apart for spell spam and you can use them to overrun targets of opportunity.

6. Beef up your Shades by giving them great weapons. That should make them a bit more of a threat to any cavalry that might think about over running them.

With these changes, I think you'll end up with a better fighting force for this kind of tournament. At least something more durable.