PDA

View Full Version : Railgunners 1500 pt Grey Knight Army

Railgunner
08-06-2006, 23:14
My latest project. A 1500pt PURE Grey Knight army.
The list is as follows;
HQ
Grand Master
7 Terminator Bodyguard (2 of which have thunder hammers)

Troops
Justicar w/ frag grenades
4 Grey Knights
(4 of the above squad)

Heavy Support
Dreadnought
Twin Lascannon
Missile Launcher
Extra Armour
Smoke Launchers
(2 of the above)

Dreadnought
Assault Cannon
Incinerator
Extra Armour
Smoke Launchers

So far I have;
Grand Master (painted)
2 Terminators (painted)
4 Justicars (1 painted)
11 Grey Knights

Below are some pictures (as you can see there are 3 terminators with the grand master but i'm not using the one armed with psycannon)
Picture 1-Grand Master and Terminators (need to finish a few minor details and varnish them)
Picture 2-Squad 1
Picture 3-Squad 2
Picture 4-Squad 3 (needs one knight)
Picture 5-Squad 4 (needs four knights)

ExquisiteEvil
09-06-2006, 01:15
Nice work on the Termies, and the justicar seem to be coming along nicely!

Cant wait to see more:D

EE

Railgunner
09-06-2006, 02:12
Thanks.
The only problem i can think of at the moment is coming up with the individual heraldry for each one of the men.

Railgunner

ExquisiteEvil
09-06-2006, 02:29
Thanks.
The only problem i can think of at the moment is coming up with the individual heraldry for each one of the men.

Railgunner

lol - it seems i will soon have the same problem. I was thinking that the squad members could carry the justicars heraldry.

the termies obviously would have their own.

that way it would mark out the termies as special - and give squad continuity...

a question though- what was the reason to not go silver and do grey instead?

Badgobbla
09-06-2006, 12:29
Dammit Stuart, I'm thinking on bringing a Daemon Hunter army to WWIV next year! :mad:

Nice to see someone use the NMM technique on Grey Knights instead of regular metals. Be sure to start lightly with your highlights and work them up to a very stark contrast (those last few highlights can almost be white!).

KnightofUltramar
09-06-2006, 14:18
http://uk.games-workshop.com/bretonnia/emblazoning-shields/2/

maybe this could help, but instead of those colours, use black, white and red and paint a sword or skull on the shields

speedygogo
09-06-2006, 15:33
Great job painting!

The boyz
09-06-2006, 16:31
Looking pretty good so far Railgunner. I love the paint job on the Grandmaster and the GK terminators, they look well good. I really like the highlighting on their armour.

Railgunner
09-06-2006, 17:03
Thanks for all the comments.

@Exquisite Evil, I deided on grey because i really didn't like the silver on them. It started as the dark grey scheme (which you can see on the justicar of squad 2) but i got fed up mixing paints, so tried out the codex grey w/ spce wolf grey highlights and it came out pretty nice.

@Badgobbla, I wasn't actually trying for NMM, lol. Also it would be nice to see another army of the Ordo Malleus at WW4. But i might take a mechanised grenadier army if i can find the funds and time to paint it after this army.

@Knight of Ultramar, Thanks for that link, i'm sure it will be a great help.

So, today ive started the Justicar for squad 3 as i am giving him a nemesis force halberd instead of the sword, and would like to see how he turns out when finished. I also purchased another terminator and am now just waiting for some bits to arrive so i can convert him to thunder hammer and storm shield.

Also i have come up with a plan for painting;
1)Justicars, and terminators (as and when i get them)
2)Standard Knights
3)Dreadnoughts
4)Paint Individual Heraldry and Names on each one.
5)Varnish
6)Make scenic display base for the whole army.

Railgunner

Deadleyheadley
09-06-2006, 19:05
Looking good ,keep up the good work ,As for the heraldry Ive left mine till ive finished all my GKs then i will work out the heraldry for the different squads :)

god octo
10-06-2006, 10:21
i've never seena an all grey knights army, so im going to watch this thread closely. it all looks really good so far, better then i can paint. Keep it up!!!

Lavfluris
11-06-2006, 09:02
It's looking good so far as I have already said. Do you intend to tidy up the highlighting, as I felt it looked a little splotchy?

Keep going, I can't wait for our game next year.

Railgunner
11-06-2006, 20:13
Well, today i was going to order a FW dread w/ the assault cannon and ccw, but it seems my plan has been thwarted as they are out of stock of the assault cannon arms :(

Railgunner

Lavfluris
12-06-2006, 18:06
Well, today i was going to order a FW dread w/ the assault cannon and ccw, but it seems my plan has been thwarted as they are out of stock of the assault cannon arms :(You don't feel like making a custom Assault Cannon from copper tubing then? ;)

Railgunner
12-06-2006, 18:15
Nooooo!!! I think i might order the las/missile dread instead.

Railgunner

Mortare
12-06-2006, 20:15
Order the psycannon arm and use it as a grey knight variant assault cannon?

Inquisitor lorr
12-06-2006, 22:30
GreyGrey Knights,who woulda thunk it?:D

They look very nice so far,nice to see a pure Gk force,i hope you don't get put off by the challenge in the game.

Railgunner
12-06-2006, 22:52
@ Inquisitor Lorr, i'm extremely happy with how they play, its just the painting which is kind of off-putting. The last model i painted was a Justicar and that took me 3 days start to finish!!!:(

Railgunner

Badgobbla
14-06-2006, 13:25
Also it would be nice to see another army of the Ordo Malleus at WW4.

Yeah, then we can call out Pert and Lav for a 2 on 2 game on saturday night!

BTW: we need more pics RG!

Railgunner
14-06-2006, 18:26
As you requested Badgobbla, heres a pic of my WIP thunder hammer terminator (I have now shortened the thunder hammer's staff and repositioned the arm so that it looks like he's attacking).

Railgunner

Lavfluris
15-06-2006, 01:09
As you requested Badgobbla, heres a pic of my WIP thunder hammer terminator (I have now shortened the thunder hammer's staff and repositioned the arm so that it looks like he's attacking).Do you mean to say that you have extended the Thunder Hammer backwards as I suggested?

Railgunner
16-06-2006, 17:06
Yes, that is exactly what i did, i also shortened the handle so it doesn't look like he will hit himself in the groin when striking down the foul daemons of chaos:p
(Pictures should follow tomorrow as i have to charge the camera batteries.

Railgunner

Pertinax
16-06-2006, 21:54
Nothing like a bit of rightous self flagelation...

Railgunner
17-06-2006, 21:31
Well if thats what floats your boat pert by all means go ahead :p

Anyways, back to the real world, today i aquired another terminator which will be made into the second thunder and storm shield armed one.
The plan for painting has also changed, i will now be painting eachsquad one at a time, instead of painting all the justicars 1st.

Railgunner

Mortare
18-06-2006, 10:32
That may be a better plan, allows each squad to look similar, so if you decide to change something, it doesnt look too out of place

Railgunner
18-06-2006, 21:56
The Dreadnought w/ assault cannon and ccw has now been ordered :D *Railgunner is now happy*

Railgunner

Lavfluris
18-06-2006, 22:33
But no pictures?

Terrible. Just terrible.

;)

Railgunner
18-06-2006, 22:34
Here are pictures of what i have ordered.:p Just for you Lav.

Railgunner

Lavfluris
18-06-2006, 22:35
What was it you want pictures of?I wanted a picture of the model you mentioned here (http://www.warseer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=747554&postcount=22).

Chop chop. ;)

Railgunner
18-06-2006, 22:44
Ah ok. I will try and get them tomorrow.

Railgunner

Railgunner
24-06-2006, 22:50
Finally a new update (sorry its taken so long, and for the poor quality). First we have some very WIP thunder hammer termies (i know theres mold lines and one is badly undercoated), and secondly a nearly complete marine from the first squad. I am hoping to get Squad 1 completed tomorrow (except for bases), and will try and get some pictures for you all tomorrow. On the gaming side of things, i played in a 40k in 40 mins tourney today and came second, and at 1500pts I have only lost once :D .

Railgunner

Lavfluris
24-06-2006, 22:57
First we have some very WIP thunder hammer termies (i know theres mold lines and one is badly undercoated), and secondly a nearly complete marine from the first squad.They are looking good. I like the new dynamic poses on the Grey Knight Terminators.

Railgunner
24-06-2006, 23:07
Ive also managed to get hold of some guitar wire to link the thunder hammers to the terminators.

Railgunner

Zactar
25-06-2006, 02:42
It didn't help you that much today did it, muhahaha.

Zac (being in his usual drunken evilness)

Pertinax
25-06-2006, 13:05
Well, sorry to knock you off that high chair, but the game you played was a combat patrol, and thus the terminators were not there.

So the issue is mute.

Rail: I'm wondering if you should shorten the wires. Also, you could make them that little bit extra, to make it go to 11... Use two thicknesses of the wire. I'll help you with it next week if you want.

Railgunner
25-06-2006, 18:01
Sounds good, i'll be in tomorrow.

Railgunner

Railgunner
29-06-2006, 23:40
Ok, i am about half way through squad 1 and need ideas for marking the justicars out from the squads, as i have found a few times it can be hard to identify them during a large close combat, so it will need to be something i can easily identify from above.
All and any suggestions welcome.

Railgunner

Pertinax
29-06-2006, 23:51
A gold stripe on the helmet ridge?

Badgobbla
07-07-2006, 09:16
I'd give each squad different colours (as in shoulderpad colours), then you can give the justicar (as Pert suggested) some stripes on the upper helmet ridge in these colours.

Mortare
07-07-2006, 13:21
Keep to the justicar models, they are the only ones with the little waist skirt thing

Railgunner
03-08-2006, 12:02
Ok, i have just got back from the UK, squad 1 is now nearly complete but i have a small surprise instore for everyone when i get my new camera going;) (and no dirty thoughts pert)

Railgunner

Sick
03-08-2006, 12:59
Hi there!
I might be too late since you already painted a large part of your army, but I think your highlights are way too strong.
Do you use two different colours for highlight and base?
To me it seems that you use Fortress or Codex Grey as a second basecoat and then just highlight with Space Wolf Grey.
I would recomend you to mix your paints to make your highlights smoother!

Otherwise it looks good!
Keep it up!

Railgunner
06-08-2006, 17:02
Here is the surprise. A finished unit!!!!! One of the lovely forgeworld dreadnoughts i picked up while i was over in the uk (still needs to be based though).
Link: http://s43.photobucket.com/albums/e391/MechImp/Grey%20Knights/?action=view&current=DSCI2388.jpg&refPage=&imgAnch=imgAnch1

I now have all the models for the army and they are all undercoated.
Squad 1 just needs the final touches to the last man, then i will get on and finish the terminators.

Railgunner

Arcane_Blade
06-08-2006, 17:22
Nice Dread! Very well done. I have to say, I wasn't too keen at the first gks in the thread with their painting, but you've definately improved. Very well done. Can't wait to see more.

Pertinax
06-08-2006, 17:33
Good work there on the dread. Look forward to seeing through the sights of one of my many las cannons... ;)

Lavfluris
06-08-2006, 17:34
One of the lovely forgeworld dreadnoughts i picked up while i was over in the uk (still needs to be based though).You have definitely improved your highlighting, well done chap.

Shame you didn't buy my Deathwing though. ;)

Railgunner
06-08-2006, 17:41
Just another quick picture of the freehand ive done on the shoulderpad of squad 1's justicar.
http://s43.photobucket.com/albums/e391/MechImp/Grey%20Knights/?action=view&current=DSCI2391.jpg&refPage=&imgAnch=imgAnch1

@Lav, maybe when i next come over, it could be my next next project.

Railgunner

The boyz
06-08-2006, 17:55
Wow lovley paint job Railgunner, on the Dreadnought. The highlighting looks great. I like the gold areas too, they look very nice.

Great freehand on the Justicars shoulder pad, I like the look of squad/chapter (which ever it is) symbol.

Railgunner
06-08-2006, 18:01
Each of the four justicars will have a heraldic symbol on their shoulder pads (i just need to think of the other 3)
Thanks for the compliments (and keep them coming:p)

Railgunner

Lavfluris
06-08-2006, 20:27
Just another quick picture of the freehand ive done on the shoulderpad of squad 1's justicar.The freehand is certainly impressive. What have you thought of for the other three?

@Lav, maybe when i next come over, it could be my next next project.Ha ha, no worries. I was just sitting by the telephone, waiting to jump into the Batmobile to meet you. I won’t confirm that I was wearing a Batman suit though. :p

Railgunner
06-08-2006, 21:20
I bet you look real cute in your batman suit lav :p

For the 3 remaining shoulderpads i'll probably have a look in the bretonnian army book and collecters guide tomorrow to get some ideas.

Railgunner

Railgunner
16-08-2006, 20:33
Well, not really much to report at the moment, i have started the second dreadnought and am putting the finishing touches on the last man of squad 1.
Once i have finished these 2 i will let you, the viewers decide what i should paint next.:p

Railgunner

Lavfluris
20-08-2006, 09:33
Well, not really much to report at the moment, i have started the second dreadnought and am putting the finishing touches on the last man of squad 1.Any progress on these models? :eyebrows:

Railgunner
21-09-2006, 21:19
Well, sorry it has taken so long for an update, i have started back at school, in a different language to the one i'm used to, so have been abit busy.
Dreadnought 2 is now finished and squad 2 is well underway as well as 3 of the remaining 5 terminators. Squad 1 is still requiring some touch ups and 2 backpacks.
Pictures should follow in the next day or two.
I have also now been challenged by Pert to finish the whole army in 3 weeks!!!:eek:
So its time to down the homework and pick up the paintbrush:p.

I have also come up with a new painting plan just to get some variation.
When at home i will paint the terminators and then the remaining dreadnought.
When at HBG (pert's store) i will paint the basic grey knights.

Also i need people's opinions, do you think that a Land Raider / Crusader would look good in my colour scheme? If yes, which variant do you think would be better for the army?

Railgunner

Great_Destroyer
22-09-2006, 00:08
Go with the Crusader if you do put one in, looking forward to progress!

Railgunner
22-09-2006, 18:35
Well, today i have managed to forget to take my paints to the shop with me. So not much done, but i did manage to start on a small conversion, and if i progress enough with it tomorrow i may have some pictures of it:p

Railgunner

Railgunner
24-09-2006, 17:58
Well today i have managed to do 3 terminators, so my painting has started to speed up (and its the first time ive done batch painting in about 3 years!!
So by the end of the week (next sunday) i hope to have the terminator squad and both the first and second grey knight squads finished.

And here is the thread for the army that will feel the Emperor's wrath:p
http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50372

Railgunner

Railgunner
26-09-2006, 20:49
Now its picture time!!!:D
Squad 1 Completed!!
http://s43.photobucket.com/albums/e391/MechImp/Grey%20Knights/?action=view&current=DSCI0002.jpg&refPage=&imgAnch=imgAnch2

Dreadnought 2
http://s43.photobucket.com/albums/e391/MechImp/Grey%20Knights/?action=view&current=DSCI0008.jpg&refPage=&imgAnch=imgAnch1

Comments please:p

Pictures of the 3 recently completed terminators should follow tomorrow.

Railgunner

Steel_Legion
26-09-2006, 22:33
i must say those are fantastic, the armour is amazing, and the dread looks excelent too! NMM or just good use of metal paints?

Pertinax
26-09-2006, 22:45
It's not NNM. It's just smart colour choice, and the trick art of photography.

Lavfluris
26-09-2006, 22:50
Railgunner, those models are looking ace.

It's just smart colour choice, and the trick art of photography.Or lack, thereof. ;)

Pertinax
26-09-2006, 22:51
I was trying to be positive. :eek:

Lavfluris
26-09-2006, 22:52
I was trying to be positive. :eek:Never cross paths with a photographic consultant. We shall rule the world! ;)

Pertinax
26-09-2006, 22:53
*makes mental note*

Nice NMM!

Railgunner
27-09-2006, 20:33
It's not NNM. It's just smart colour choice, and the trick art of photography.

Pert is true, it is not NMM.
I chose the colours because i asked Pert about it and he said it wouldn't work (i have to prove him wrong about something:p )
Also i have no idea how to do any photo trickery.

Today's news, i have nearly finished a second terminator. I will get a picture of the terminators up when i have finished the squad, which should be by the end of this week.

Railgunner

Deadleyheadley
27-09-2006, 20:52
Those GKs look sweet mate ,Very nice as is the Dreadnought,Keep up the good work mate :)

Railgunner
28-09-2006, 12:53
This is terminator number 4. What do you think of the conversion? (please note it is still WIP)
http://s43.photobucket.com/albums/e391/MechImp/Grey%20Knights/?action=view&current=DSCI0002-1.jpg&refPage=&imgAnch=imgAnch1

I still need to get a picture of the first group of 3.

Railgunner

Boss_Salvage
28-09-2006, 13:40
The two FW dreads look very solid, nice work.

- Salvage

Railgunner
28-09-2006, 14:38
Thanks for all the comments so far.
Terminator 4 is now finished.
http://s43.photobucket.com/albums/e391/MechImp/Grey%20Knights/?action=view&current=Terminator4finished.jpg&refPage=&imgAnch=imgAnch1

@Boss_salvage, there is still a 3rd Dreadnought to be painted..but i will do that once the terminators and 1 or 2 more squads have been finished.

Railgunner

schoolcormorant
28-09-2006, 15:54
that termie is absolutely brilliantly painted, i really like the non metallic use; it gives it a real stalwart look to the normal shiny marines, yours have real personality :)

SC

Lavfluris
29-09-2006, 00:10
Terminator 4 is now finished.You are certainly improving, well done. :cool:

Is there any chance of getting a closer look at the left wrist? I'm curious as to how well the conversion is.

Railgunner
29-09-2006, 13:54
Just for you Lav, here is the terminators left hand.
http://s43.photobucket.com/albums/e391/MechImp/Grey%20Knights/?action=view&current=PulloLeftHand.jpg&refPage=&imgAnch=imgAnch2

And for everyone else, the current state of my workspace.
http://s43.photobucket.com/albums/e391/MechImp/Grey%20Knights/?action=view&current=WIPpic.jpg&refPage=&imgAnch=imgAnch1

Railgunner

UnRiggable
29-09-2006, 23:10
How did you get that two handed force weapon? That's soooo coool

Lavfluris
29-09-2006, 23:54
Just for you Lav, here is the terminators left hand.The reason I asked for this picture is because I am interested in seeing what you did to fill in the gap on the left wrist. I see no such gap filling, unless of course, you didn't paint that particular bit.

You eased my curiosity at least. ;)

Railgunner
30-09-2006, 12:18
The reason I asked for this picture is because I am interested in seeing what you did to fill in the gap on the left wrist. I see no such gap filling, unless of course, you didn't paint that particular bit.

You eased my curiosity at least. ;)

@Lav, i just didn't paint the gap.

@Unriggable, its actually a very easy conversion, if i get another terminator i can try and do a tutorial if you want.

Railgunner

Railgunner
30-09-2006, 17:41
Until i retrieve my army case from pert's shop i can't do you a tutorial for the 2 handed weapon.
But for it you will need;
1x Grey Knight Terminator Body 1
2x Grey Knight Storm Bolter 2
1x Grey Knight Terminator Sword 1
The top of a halberd
Green Stuff
Something Suitable for the halberd shaft (i used empire spearman spears)
And alot of patience;)

Railgunner

PS i shall use pics of parts from the GW website later for a tutorial.

Railgunner
01-10-2006, 22:06
This weeks update;
http://s43.photobucket.com/albums/e391/MechImp/Grey%20Knights/?action=view&current=DSCI0008-1.jpg&refPage=&imgAnch=imgAnch1
That is this weeks work (minus 1 terminator) but i still have one more left to paint:cries:
Then after ive done him, i move onto my 2nd squad of standard grey knights, which should be done by this time next week at the latest.

edit: I also have a nice pretty looking army list created by Lav, you can see it at the link below;
http://s43.photobucket.com/albums/e391/MechImp/Grey%20Knights/?action=view&current=StuartsArmyListcopy.jpg&refPage=&imgAnch=imgAnch1

Railgunner

Lavfluris
01-10-2006, 23:07
That is this weeks work (minus 1 terminator) but i still have one more left to paint:cries:Well, they are still coming along very well, so keep up the good work.

Pertinax
01-10-2006, 23:36
Are you going to be adding details to the bases? If the bases are going to be like on the based terminator, they might look a bit, well, dull....

Railgunner
07-10-2006, 01:50
Thanks for the comments guys.
Painting has been slowed this week as my wrist has ended up properly screwed (suitcases are heavier than you think):(

I have managed to finish the last terminator and have to just do the light grey highlighting on squad 2 and the Justicar's personal heraldry.
Pictures should be up tomorrow.

Also i got slightly sidetracked with a Terminator Chaplain, who is now a Grey Knight Terminator Chaplain (because they have one in the Grey Knights book) i will just use the rules for a Brother-Captain and give him Icon of the Just.
Anybody got any ideas how much i could make him cost to have Litanies of Hate??:p

Railgunner

Railgunner
20-02-2007, 07:34
Well...back from the dead. *zombie noises*

I have been reminded by my dad that i have a tournament in 3 weeks, with one problem.....the only painted army i have at the moment is either IG drop troops, or a shed load of conscripts, so i am embarking on a quest to finish this whole army in the next 3 weeks.
Please give me lots of encouragement/beatings/whatever you feel neccessary.

Railgunner

Railgunner
02-03-2007, 14:41
No replies!!:cries:
Well one week left and i have only managed to paint one squad:(
So all ahead full next week to get this army finished. Half a dreadnought and 2 squads to go.
On a lighter note i had my first battle in a long time yesterday and managed to beat an Eldar army. Although I was a little scared of those Wave Serpents and Falcon (wich are damn indestructable) but so are my terminators:evilgrin:.
Pictures will be up Monday as i am not with my army at the moment.

Railgunner

jasevx
02-03-2007, 15:14
Just keep it up, not you, the sites gone a bit dead since the projects were split, shame.

Railgunner
02-03-2007, 15:31
Ah yes...i forgot the projects have been split up. And thanks for the encouragement.

Railgunner

Badgobbla
03-03-2007, 10:21
So, RG, where are you at?

I only have 4 days left for a 10-man assault squad, 1 veteran and a Chaplain with jump-pack, so I guess we're about even, no?

Ya gotta love a deadline, though.

Railgunner
03-03-2007, 10:58
Ive got just under 2 5-man squads and half a dreadnought left.
But i can't do any painting until tomorrow afternoon...as im staying with the gf:p

Railgunner

ice
04-03-2007, 05:23
looking awesome RG keep up the awesome work, i'mhoping to be able to post some of my GK'S soon!

sralialo
05-03-2007, 13:24
Good luck finishing those models for WWIV.

I've just finished model number 47, and have only 2 to go. And then some bases... :(

Railgunner
06-03-2007, 18:24
Well...the fruits of last night's labours are that i have now finished the 3rd and final Dreadnought:D *cheers*
So now i now have 2 5-man squads, the terminator's shoulder shield things and just basing to do.
4 evenings and counting:)

Railgunner

*edit* I also got bored on Photoshop during school today;
http://s43.photobucket.com/albums/e391/MechImp/Grey%20Knights/?action=view&current=Nooneexpectsthecopy.jpg

Captain Brown
07-03-2007, 20:23
*Cheers of encouragement from the WSPSG!*

Only ten men, some shields and a base...no problem there Railgunner.

CB

PS: Letting the Dreadnought out in public is a bad idea...;)

Railgunner
07-03-2007, 20:37
Well i now think the second to last squad will be finished tonight :) and i may get some progress done on the last squad.
Thanks for the encouragement Captain Brown, and the Dreadnought escaped while my back was turned:p .
Also on a bad note i just got badly beaten by my Dad's Space Wolves:cries:
*Insert grumbling about 15 man Blood Claw squads in LRCs here*

Railgunner

Nife
07-03-2007, 21:38
Railgunner

Well Spac Wolves do rule the galaxy you know..... ;)

Nice painting btw....

Railgunner
07-03-2007, 21:42
I guess they are ok but I normally get my own back (it's called a Leman Russ Vanquisher;) )

Railgunner

Railgunner
08-03-2007, 22:32
So..i can now see the finish. The end is in sight:) I have finished the second to last squad and just have 5 men left:D and then tomorrow will be basing and just going over all the models to paint over any scratches/chips etc. My aim is to be nominated for Best Painted at the tournament this weekend:p
After that i will probably change the name of this log and try doing a Deadly;)

Also when i return from the tournament would people like a report of how it all went?

Railgunner

Boss_Salvage
09-03-2007, 15:51
AYE! to the trouny report offer. Nice work pushing through this army and getting it done for the event. Would love a group shot of the army too, if you can manage that in the flurry of painting and basing ...

- Salvage

Railgunner
09-03-2007, 16:19
I'll try for the group shot this weekend. I had forgotten just how much i have to do before a tourney, typing up army list, army background etc Luckily we have to have our own laptops at school:p Last i heard there will only be 24 players at this tourney, but it will be lacking in powergaming armies as it has been designed more to promote fun.

Railgunner

Railgunner
11-03-2007, 21:07
Well...its results time. I will do a more in depth report once i get the pictures from my friend (stupid camera running out of battery:( )

So...It was the Winter War IV (4) tournament, here in Bergen, Norway. Organised by our fellow Warseer member Pertinax.
At the end of 2 days and 6 games i ended up placed 8th out of 23 gamers.
The army was finished (sort of) at 6am saturday, which resulted in a grand total of 1.5 hours of pre-tourney sleep, and then 18 hours of being awake on saturday.
Also the best thing was that i was 1 vote away from winning best painted army:D even though i wasnt happy with them as they werent exactly finished:p .

Railgunner

ice
11-03-2007, 22:30
Railgunner i love the terminator holding his nemisis with two hands! it's AMAZING! and the rest of your PB is really good too, keep it up!

Lord Hjamlar
11-03-2007, 22:38
Well i now think the second to last squad will be finished tonight :) and i may get some progress done on the last squad.
Thanks for the encouragement Captain Brown, and the Dreadnought escaped while my back was turned:p .

Railgunner

At last he did it! XD

Great job on GK Railgunner ;] Nice colours and "NMM" :O Hope we will have a chance to see a big group photo... Tell me where were u skiin' that u met a Dread?! I want one! :D

Railgunner
12-03-2007, 13:03
Thanks for all the comments guys. I have now decided to expand the army, just buying stuff when i feel like it, not actually working to an army list. On the 'Grey Knight' shelf of my cabinet i have 4 normal Knights, 6 Psycannon Knights and 2 Incinerator Knights that are ready for painting.
I also plan on getting a Land Raider Crusader as i think it could look pretty awesome with the same colour scheme as the Knights.
I also have a Chaplain in Terminator armour which ive got Grey Knight Terminator arms on which just needs some touching up (it'll count as a Brother-Captain) and i will also do a terminator retinue for him.
So...lots to look forward too, and if i change this to just a general project log there will also be a Company of Marines to paint, a Mech Stormtrooper force, quite a few IG tanks and finally, one of my favourite armies....Praetorians!!!

Railgunner

Railgunner
12-03-2007, 14:30
Heres a little sneak preview of the Grey Knights;)
http://picasaweb.google.no/BattleBrotherArtemis/WinterWarIV/photo#s5041004860408284802

Railgunner

THORHALD
12-03-2007, 17:15
Grey Knight looked great at WW IV last weekend, especially now that the whole army is painted. Keep up the good work

ice
13-03-2007, 02:50
welcome to warseer THORHALD! and i loved the slideshow RG!

Railgunner
13-03-2007, 08:46
The slideshow was done by Artemis, who ended up being sort of my personal photographer for the weekend:p as my camera ran out of battery after about the 2nd game.
But i'm getting the pictures in their proper size on Thursday and then you will get a proper report:D

Also here is the project log for the army that beat me in the best painted;
http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27350

And finally, i might actually be getting out my incinerators and psycannon this Thursday:D as we are having a 3000pt a side cityfight game, my ally is eldar and we are playing against infantry orks (over 100 of them) and all infiltrating nightlords. So i might get some more pictures then as my army looks awesome on the club's cityfight table.

RG

SpinO
14-03-2007, 10:22
We're going to kick their green and spiky asses on thursday, right Railgunner?:D

Railgunner
14-03-2007, 18:26
Hell yeah!
Just for anyone that doesn't know, SpinO and i are playing a 3000pt Cityfight game against an Orky Horde and All Infiltrating Nightlords. Eldar and Grey Knights for the win!!! I just can't think why Grey Knights would be allying with Eldar:confused: Any ideas please post them.

Railgunner

Lord of Skulls
14-03-2007, 19:00
Easy! The Night Lords are searching the city for a powerful artifact, and have given the Orks weapons to bribe them into fighting for them. The Grey Knights and Eldar are both in the area to stop them, and realize that the only way they will be able to do so is by working together... (Bot of them probably secretly planning to be the ones to take the artifact for safekeeping after the battle;) )

Very nice Grey Knights, by the way! I'm quite disappointed that you didn't win best painted. (The Flesh Eaters may be better painted as single models, but your army looks far better as a whole...)

ice
15-03-2007, 05:21
i totally agree the scheming eldar must not be aloud to take that artifact( i play eldar and grey knights) because they'll just turn it into wraithbone!

Railgunner
19-03-2007, 23:06
Unfortunatley we didnt finish the battle (my dad couldnt pick me up) but it was a draw when we finished.
The tourney report should be done tomorrow, as i have a boring day at school.

When i next have a free evening i will also paint up another Grey Knight to the standard i want the army to end up at, but time it:p (i saw the discussion about GW wanting Eavy Metal painters, and the time they are expected to finish a mini in) so i have now made myself a challenge to do 1 mini in 4 hours, although that means i have to get my painting to Eavy Metal standards:( .

Also, my dad has said i cant buy my termies an LRC until ive finished my guard tanks (i think there are 7 to do):cries:

Railgunner

ice
31-03-2007, 03:26
don't worry about the IG tanks RG they're easy to paint! and ONLY 7!?

Railgunner
31-03-2007, 10:16
I think the list stands so far at;
(Need to finish painting)
Vanquisher
Destroyer Tank Hunter
Conqueror
Executioner Turret

(Need to start painting)
2 Chimeras

(Need to strip, rebuild and repaint)
Salamander Scout Vehicle
Leman Russ Exterminator
Leman Russ Demolisher

Also this is made even more harder because i have no money to buy a new can of spray:(

Also for everyone else, the tournament report is taking longer than expected as i have lost my camera cable. But i'm hoping it should be done sometime this coming week:)

RG

ice
16-04-2007, 21:09
I love the GK dread in your photobucket there RG, might get one myself!

Railgunner
16-04-2007, 21:28
Thanks, they are lovely models (if not a little expensive)...i will be getting round to taking pictures of the whole army sometime soon. Just have to find some time (as ive recently been re-introduced to the joys of partying:D )

RG

ice
16-04-2007, 23:34
it's okay RG i have as well :D it's really a good time when you try to explain 200+ models to 6 drunk while drunk yourself lol

Railgunner
27-04-2007, 20:31
Haha, yep...although i seem to start talking perfect norwegian:p But anyway, matters concerning Grey Knights...i still have to finish the army. (Lots of distractions at the moment)
But i am thinking of maybe painting a few squads of Grey Knights and maybe one squad of terminators and then selling them, so i was wondering if anybody would be interested and also what sort of price people would think would be fair to charge for them (in pounds preferably)

RG

Railgunner
20-05-2007, 17:02
Well...what you have all been waiting for....Army Pictures!!! *cheering sounds etc*

The Grand Master and his Bodyguard
http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e391/MechImp/Grey%20Knights/DSCI0019.jpg

The 3 Normal Squads (Troops Choices)
http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e391/MechImp/Grey%20Knights/DSCI0018.jpg

The Teleport Attack Squad and Dreadnoughts
http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e391/MechImp/Grey%20Knights/DSCI0017.jpg

Enjoy and all comments welcome

RG

schoolcormorant
20-05-2007, 17:36
wow!!!! i love this army, well done mate :)

grey, grey knights ftw!

SC

jasevx
20-05-2007, 17:37
thats one cool army!

kaimarion
20-05-2007, 17:43
Well thats one kick-ass army.
Dont worry they wont last too long against the chaos that waits for them.

Railgunner
20-05-2007, 17:49
Thanks for the comments guys...all that's left to do is the shields on the terminator's shoulders and the Justicar's personal heraldry. But that will be done after ive made a good start on my nearly all infantry praetorians (over 120 of the blighters:p )
Also, when i have the funds i may add some more things to bring the army upto 2000pts, which will definitly include a Land Raider Crusader and maybe more terminators (i have a Brother-Chaplain in the process of being painted) :D

RG

Wayfarer
20-05-2007, 23:08
It's always great to see an entire army of Grey Knights. It's also great to see them painted in a way that doesn't involve an entire pot of boltgun metal.

Railgunner
21-05-2007, 07:20
Btw...if anyone wants a tutorial i still have some more men to paint:D

RG

Railgunner
24-06-2007, 20:38
Well...i have started getting back into this army again, played a 2250pt game today and won pretty well :evilgrin:
Land Raider Crusader is definitely on the shopping list (with forgeworld gubbins) as are some more Terminators.
But....with the rumours of Apocolypse coming up i have had the idea of aiming a little bigger.....something Thunderhawk Gunship size :p
What do people think?

RG

ice
24-06-2007, 20:46
i think you should get one!!! keep in mind that they are hella expensive!

Railgunner
24-06-2007, 21:16
I know :( But my new job is pretty well paid :D

RG

Railgunner
05-07-2007, 20:53
Well...today is my 18th birthday, and i have recieved a shiny new Land Raider Crusader with forgeworld doors and commander in the post :D

Should be getting some spray and a pin vice tomorrow, so pictures by the end of next week (i hope)

RG

ice
06-07-2007, 04:59
nice b-day present! i wish i would get something sweet like that, but i asked for money for my vacation next year!

Railgunner
06-07-2007, 19:55
nice b-day present! i wish i would get something sweet like that, but i asked for money for my vacation next year!

Is this your norway trip by any chance? :)

Well today, i have bought another terminator, but the store had run out of black spray and pin vices :cries: So tonight is just cleaning up the bits and dry fitting. I may actually make up a painting plan for this beast :D

What do people think for an interior colour? I was thinking Bleached Bone.

RG

schoolcormorant
06-07-2007, 20:03
yeah bleached bone is pretty good.

SC

ice
06-07-2007, 23:02
sounds pretty awesome!
and yes it is my trip to norway (if only i wasn't working on a blood angels army)

Railgunner
09-07-2007, 18:41
My forgeworld bits arrived today...so more cleaning to do....but i want to get painting :( (stupid local store)

RG

Railgunner
10-07-2007, 19:40
Well...ive finally got spray today!!! :D So maybe some pictures this weekend.

RG

SpinO
11-07-2007, 11:35
Nice to see that you're working on your Grey Knights again, Railgunner. Can't wait to see the crusader in person.

Railgunner
17-07-2007, 17:00
Well, after gaining some more stuff, this summer i am hopefully going to paint all of the following;
11 Terminators
3 Justicars
12 Grey Knights in Power Armour
4 Incinerators
8 Psycannon
Land Raider Crusader (with forgeworld bits)

I have made a start on the Land Raider Crusader's interior, maybe some pictures this weekend. :)

RG

ice
18-07-2007, 18:41
looking forward to seeing all these models painted the RG! Maybe this GK army will be done by this time next year?!

Railgunner
23-07-2007, 23:08
Well, hell must have frozen over...i have an update, with a picture!!! :eek:
I present you with the interior for the Land Raider Crusader.
http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e391/MechImp/Grey%20Knights/Interior1.jpg
Next up is doing the Grey basecoat on the Terminators.

RG

DigitsDavid
23-07-2007, 23:09
Wow! I particularly love the vid screens!

Railgunner
24-07-2007, 00:13
Thanks Digits! :D

Also, the obligitory desk picture (with labels!! :eek:)

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e391/MechImp/Deskwithlabels.jpg

RG

Obligatory pet picture to follow tomorrow :)

schoolcormorant
24-07-2007, 00:27
oh we have men looking at each other on the tv screen...they look german...

*sound of popcorn*

someone is going to get killed soon i know it...

damn...

SC

hallowed_are_the_ori
24-07-2007, 01:56
Railgunner......you are a legend!

They look so f*ckin sweet!

AWESOME

Railgunner
24-07-2007, 02:06
Railgunner......you are a legend!

They look so f*ckin sweet!

AWESOME

Thanks...i try my best :rolleyes: hehe and consider that sigged :)

Just finishing 6 Flames of War para's before i move onto stage one of terminator painting :)

RG

hallowed_are_the_ori
24-07-2007, 02:57
Hahaha, first time anyone's quoted me in their sig! :angel:

Railgunner
14-08-2007, 04:15
Well, this log is now over a year old, it has served me well, and i have decided it is now time to retire it :)

But don't worry, it is being replaced, with a name even bigger thread, of all the things i paint from now onwards, so lots more variety etc.

This is the new thread here (http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1826084#post1826084) please come and give it some love, and i will try my hardest to update it alot more and give you guys alot more pictures, than i did with this one :p

So...farewell Grey Knights log and hello big log of everything :D

RG

roadrippers
04-09-2007, 21:14
nice work, ive always loved grey knights n you've done them really well :D

Railgunner
06-09-2007, 23:01
Thanks roadrippers...there should be a new update this weekend in my new project log (see sig) :)

RG