PDA

View Full Version : A Tale of Four Gamers were in which issue of White Dwarf?

Amber Wizard
22-12-2013, 03:36
Hi Guys,
Im looking at painting an Empire Army and remember reading a tale of four gamers in White Dwarf where they were painting high elfs, skaven, orcs/goblins and an empire army? I have tried looking on on the net to see which issues this appeard in though have so far been unsucessful. I was able to find references to other instances of a Tale of Four Gamers, but none that specify the issue numbers for the one regarding the Empire Army.

I am hoping someone here might remember which issues of White Dwarf this appeared in?

Thanks.

The bearded one
22-12-2013, 05:28
Ah, that would be the ostermark empire army?

They had it on the GW website once, I don't remember whether that was before or after the wd's came out. At a certain point they removed that tale of four gamers from the website, and it's a damned shame, because that empire army was painted really quite exquisitely.

However, I may have been able to track the army down for you: white dwarf 374 doesn't have the tale of four gamers, but it does feature the army.
http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/content/blogPost.jsp?aId=15100043a&setLocale=en_AU

Amber Wizard
22-12-2013, 06:29
Thank you Bearded One for your reply. I have that copy of White Dwarf #374 and you are correct, The article runs from pages 88 to 93 and gives a summary of the army Christian Byrne painted. At the end of the article it directs you to the Games Workshop Website for more information including among other things an Ostermark painting guide. It was this painting guide I really wanted to get my hands on. I had seen these articles on GW website before though when I went back to read it again I saw that all those hobby articles seem to have disappeared! (Not sure why they did that as I thought that was a great resource)

What I cant remember is if the painting guide was just online or also in the pages of the original White Dwarf "Tale of Four Gamers" articles. Anyone have any ideas?

Griefbringer
22-12-2013, 10:05
One version of the Tale of Four Gamers run from WD 300 to 308 and featured Empire (Stirland), Nurglite daemons, orcs and tomb kings. I presume that is not the version that you are looking for?