PDA

View Full Version : Army expansion

Galdor23
23-12-2013, 04:45
I'm wondering, what could be a possible addition to skaven given that I've only got the IoB content? Im new to fantasy so im not sure on the next step.

-Totenkopf-
23-12-2013, 04:47
I dont play skaven, but i know all of the big things are a good buy, so cannon, doomwheel, bell etc... and it doesn't hurt to bulk out on rats... lots and lots of rats...

Kakapo42
23-12-2013, 04:59
I'm wondering, what could be a possible addition to skaven given that I've only got the IoB content? Im new to fantasy so im not sure on the next step.

Look at what models you like the look of, and get those. I'd suggest more troops, you can never have enough of them.

SSquirrel
23-12-2013, 06:05
Buy a battalion or 2. You will need more Clanrats and Slaves. Half the Clanrats in the box are armorless and perfect for slaves. Hit up Ebay and pick up CLanrats from the IoB set cheap. Warp Lightning Cannon, Doomwheel, HPA. If you are talking a 2000 point game, you can talk Furnace or Bell. Can fit a Furnace in sooner, but it's close. L1 Engineer w/a Condensor makes a nice lightning turret. Warlord w/Fellblade on Rat Ogre Bonebreaker is solid. There are tons of options. Look at the models and see what U think looks cool.

boli
23-12-2013, 15:35
- Battalion
- Doomwheel
- Hell Pit
- Screaming Bell / Plague Furnace
- Warp Lightning Cannon
- Island of Blood
- Stormvermin

Pick and mix with those and you can't go wrong; there are a few other things which you can get via eBay (Gutter runners etc) but that is basically it. This is coming from someone who has over 10,000 points of Skaven (see Plog)

Oh... and invest in magnetizing your movement trays - trust me you'll need it.

Galdor23
24-12-2013, 09:18
Ok, thanks everyone for the replies. I forgot to mention ive got an unassembled doomwheel which is good. My next choices from what is suggested will be a battalion,HPA and more rats. Given that is a bell or a furnance a better choice (2000-2500 pts is the aim)? Lastly, are stormvermins and ogre's good choices and why, cause from what I see ogres tend to be avoided while they seem pretty durable(?)

Lastavenger
24-12-2013, 09:52
I would go for another IoB. Additional heroes you can convert to BSB/engineer. Ratogres are always nice and you can't have enough of clanrats. Battalion is also nice choice.

Imperator64
24-12-2013, 10:53
Rat ogres hit hard but suffer from the fact that they are only T4 and no armour. This means they die very quickly to missle fire, even strength 3. Plus they cost 20 slaves. An equally sized unit of helf archers will wipe them out in three turns and any mid-strength unit with higher initiative will do the same. But if your meta consists low initiative combat armies then they're great.

boli
24-12-2013, 11:57
Rat Ogres depend entirely on who you are fighting against. e.g. against armies such as Orcs and Goblins or Ogres they are pretty powerful (although overcosted in comparison). However against armies which strike first (e.g. High Elves) the T4 no armour and they are never worth using.

If you are thinking tournaments or competitive play Rat Ogres are a case of "go big or leave them at home".

Stormvermin in comparison are always useful and are perhaps one of the best core units in pure points vs stat comparrison.

Kaiserdean
24-12-2013, 17:32
I have the most problems against Hellpits. I've never faced a single unit that has given me fits in every game I've faced them.