PDA

View Full Version : 2400 Warriors Of Chaos, or how NOT to get bogged down by foot sloggers :D

Da Blak Gobbo
24-12-2013, 22:45
So I have been play testing lists with my warriors for some time. An event I plan on attending will use standard rule book missions but includes the ETC for its Tourney comp (http://warhammer.org.uk/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=119292) so this list has been crafted with the aforementioned restrictions in mind. Here is what I have come to after a bunch of games against a variety of foes:

2400 Warriors of Chaos-

Lords-505

Daemon Prince (1#, 505 pts)
1 Daemon Prince of Slaanesh, Magic Level x4, Mark of Slaanesh (Daemon), Daemonic Flight
1 Charmed Shield,
1 Dragonbane Gem,
1 Flaming Breath,
1 Allure of Slaanesh,
1 Scaled Skin,
1 Soul Feeder,

Heroes-461

Sorcerer (2#, 230 pts)
1 Chaos Sorcerer of Tzeentch, Mark of Tzeentch, Level 2 Upgrade
1 Disc of Tzeentch,
1 Dispel Scroll,
1 Talisman of Protection,

Exalted Hero (2#, 231 pts)
1 Exalted Hero of Tzeentch (Battle Standard Bearer), Mark of Tzeentch, Great Weapon
1 Disc of Tzeentch,
1 Talisman of Preservation,
1 Potion of Foolhardiness,

Core-640

Chaos Chariot (3#, 125 pts)
1 Chaos Chariot of Nurgle, Mark of Nurgle

Chaos Chariot (3#, 125 pts)
1 Chaos Chariot of Nurgle, Mark of Nurgle

Chaos Warhounds (5#, 40 pts)
5 Chaos Warhounds, Vanguard

Marauder Horsemen (5#, 90 pts)
5 Marauder Horsemen, Flail, Musician

Special-275

Chimera (1#, 275 pts)
1 Chimera, 275 pts = Flaming Breath, Regenerating Flesh

Rare-515

Skullcrushers of Khorne (3#, 254 pts)
3 Skullcrushers of Khorne, Ensorcelled Weapons, Musician, Standard Bearer

Skullcrushers of Khorne (3#, 261 pts)
3 Skullcrushers of Khorne, Lance, Musician, Standard Bearer
1 Banner of Eternal Flame

Thoughts?

Lordcypress
24-12-2013, 23:37
Sorry man,

I was all ready to respond to your thread then I re-read the part about ETC. I don't have any experience with that comp system. I do like the speed of the list. What is your plan to do deal with those annoying stubborn/steadfast death stars out there?

SteveW
25-12-2013, 02:16
Looks good given the comp it's under.

I have a question though, would you run it in an uncomped game?

Maclav
26-12-2013, 13:11
Also, what are you going to do about the watchtower?

SteveW
26-12-2013, 21:42
Also, what are you going to do about the watchtower?

The ETC is not bogged down by the rules, there will be no watchtower.

Da Blak Gobbo
28-12-2013, 19:00
The stubborn/death-star units get the run around from the main points of my army till they have been whittled down to the point where the skullcrushers/chimera/daemon prince can get into combat and grind them down. Otherwise its clog them up and re-direct until i have an opening.

I would actually run a similar list to this in an un-comped event but i'd have a nurgle prince with all the toys rather than the Slaanesh one.

Watchtower isnt used in most events that use ETC, or many other events that i know of. Most of the time i just run around it or shake the unit out of the tower with a skullcrusher block.

SteveW
29-12-2013, 12:59
Watchtower isnt used in most events that use ETC, or many other events that i know of. Most of the time i just run around it or shake the unit out of the tower with a skullcrusher block. What? That would be the worst idea ever.You know the juggers can't assault the building don't you?

Da Blak Gobbo
29-12-2013, 14:14
Cavalry can assault a building, they just cant go inside.

SteveW
29-12-2013, 14:32
The mounts cannot assault unless they have a special rule like spider riders 'creeping assault'. The Skullcrushers have no such rule.

Da Blak Gobbo
30-12-2013, 01:00
...The riders silly.

SteveW
30-12-2013, 01:13
Right, so they will essentially be 75 point chaos warriors in the building.

Lordcypress
30-12-2013, 06:30
Well its not an ideal situation to be in but this list doesn't really have a lot of options to deal with that scenario. Lets hope you get Cacophonic Choir and cast it on the unit in the building to randomly move them out D6. Not sure if it will win you the game but at least it will keep you from auto losing.