PDA

View Full Version : What did you get for Christmas?

Beppo1234
26-12-2013, 00:18
I got this guy:184049

a Tervigon and some gaunts!

what did you get?

AngryAngel
26-12-2013, 00:22
Socks for the sock god ? Shirts for the shirt throne ? I rarely get 40k for Christmas, as people don't know what I wish or don't have/want. However some money, may find its way to hobby buys....only time will tell.

Spiney Norman
26-12-2013, 00:29
A tesseract vault and a firestorm redoubt, the question now is which to paint first... Clearly the vault wins, as if that was even a question. I was totally blown away by the quality of the redoubt, might have to seriously consider investing in a bit more of the wall of martyrs stuff because its just so gorgeous.

With regards to other stuff I got a battery operated sonic screw driver (think that was a joke), some DVDs and the new Terry Pratchett book I'd been dropping hints about for a while. Good times.

Beppo1234
26-12-2013, 00:31
Socks for the sock god ? Shirts for the shirt throne ? I rarely get 40k for Christmas, as people don't know what I wish or don't have/want. However some money, may find its way to hobby buys....only time will tell.

now, GW has taken this into account. They have a very useful gift registry.

SpanielBear
26-12-2013, 01:16
A high-elf Mage boxed kit, a banshee and a single wood elf wild rider.

I am a SpanielBear with a plan...

3eland
26-12-2013, 01:26
A tablet and a Heirophant Bio-Titan from the wife. A shirt that has a NES cartridge on it with the words "Blow Me", a pair of Dickies pants and a Halo Lego kit from my brother (why he got me a Halo Lego kit is beyond me). Some movies and cash from my mom. And come next week I have the in-laws Christmas to go to where we do secret Santa and so who knows what I'll be getting then (hopefully socks, I am in need of some socks).

EDIT: P.S. - That is one bad ass looking Swarmlord :D

AngryAngel
26-12-2013, 01:30
He'd be a more awesome swarmlord, if he was wearing the NES cartridge shirt that said blow me, just saying.

pun3d
26-12-2013, 01:44
A baneblade and a 100 dollar gift card to my lgs. Last year I got lucky with my birthday being near and Dark Angels coming out I had 400 bucks in gift cards to my lgs.

Sternguard777
26-12-2013, 04:54
I haven't gotten any Warhammer related presents, but I might when my family returns home from our vacation. We tend to leave the expensive presents at home so they don't get damaged in the 16 hour car ride to visit our relatives. I did however give a load of hobby material to essentially everyone I know who plays.

MajorWesJanson
26-12-2013, 05:23
Nothing yet, but soon (depending on shipping) an airbrush and compressor, a Sicarian, Whirlwind scorpius, and Mk IV power weapons. And some BN cards and few various DVDs/BlueRays. And a Jurassic Park logo shirt.

greykuma
26-12-2013, 05:47
Nothing GW related. I gifted myself a Magic The Gathering #MTG 2014 core set starter deck and two boosters. You see the original addiction was Jyhad, then M:TG, then and only then did I bite down and swallow the GW Warhammer hook and then its Warhammer 40K brother (Both times it went "we are starting a tournament and we recommend 2000pts to start). I still have stuff sealed in boxes to keep me occupied for years. Now that I'm getting older and need reading glasses/magnifying glasses to see details on mini's, those fleets of #BFG ships and all the rest will have to wait. That being said, you could say I bought my GW presents myself during the year - obligatory new rule book, in hardback ($ouch$). Good thing I got all that #BFG via E-Bay years ago.

So, new rules, Eldar Wraithknight, an Eldar Flyer (the fighter), new plastic Farseer.

So the question I have is what should I look for because it is an awesome bargain? 40K: SM (BA), Eldar, Tyranids. WH: Empire, Dwarves, Gobbos, Lizardmen BFG: Eldar, etc.

Asdrubael108
26-12-2013, 09:06
I got lots 'o tyranids, about 3000 points of those basterds in total (without titans, I will start a tread soon!!!)!

spaghettyhoop
26-12-2013, 09:08
I'm 30 so don't like my parents buying me loads. Feel like I'm past that and it's my turn to buy for them ha, but they still do it.

Ended up with a new compressor and tank to go with my renegade krome. And the forgeworld troll hag (a truely disgusting yet amazing model) my girlfriend got me a hive tyrant and some gaunts. Not bad going really.

Cherub
26-12-2013, 09:46
Escalation and stronghold books and the starter set for FoW.

Dkoz
26-12-2013, 09:57
Iwata airbrush and compressor, and a box of centurions.

Still Standing
26-12-2013, 10:08
Nothing 30k/40k related, it's my turn to buy stuff for my kids now. However, I am going to 'gift' myself a Sicaran Venator (http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/New_Stuff/LEGION_SICARAN_VENATOR.html) and 2 Legion Vindicators (http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/New_Stuff/LEGION_DEIMOS_PATTERN_VINDICATOR.html) as some much needed armoured support to my Legion list.

When did I start buying my own Christmas gifts?

aim
26-12-2013, 10:13
A blender, a juicer, plenty of alcohol, a scarf, some (very nice) aftershave and a squad of stern guard vets.... The stern guard vets were the only 40K stuff I got and that was from my housemate and his GF... The joys of growing up, no toys at Christmas haha.

Killgore
26-12-2013, 10:19
The GW Tempestus firebase and two Ork bommas that will become Dakkajets.

I was also impressed with the Firestorm, I'm giving my one twin battlecannons :D

Szalik
26-12-2013, 11:21
Inquisitor from The Empire range. One of the very few new models that I actually fell in love with from the first sight. And this is my first finecast model in collection...much better quality than I expected.

laudarkul
26-12-2013, 11:23
For my birthday I got a new Ancients army i.e. almost 4000pts Saracen/Turks Army (to be played using CoE rules) from Perry and Musketeer (I'll add later some more Ghulams and some heavy cavalry). As for GW I've got a Firestorm redoubt and a Leman Russ battle tank as well as some bases and a BL book. But I'll enter again in a GW store so maybe another LRBT (this one I intend to make it Vanquisher variant)....

MagicHat
26-12-2013, 12:01
Stronghold Assault (great book), magnets, a chaos dice cube (9 khorne, 7 Tzeentch, 6 nurgle and 5 slaanesh, sadly not the sacred numbers, but representative of the gods strength at least) and a Firestorm redoubt.
Also, a slightly small hoodie, a music box, socks, underwear, money. And I am happy with what I got. Christmas sure changes when you grow old.

I was totally blown away by the quality of the redoubt, might have to seriously consider investing in a bit more of the wall of martyrs stuff because its just so gorgeous.

Slightly disappointed here,
I don't like the bodies (but will cover them up with gravel), the fact that the weapon hatches can't hold an aegis quad-gun and the quad-las weapon mounts not being connected somehow, GW is usually pretty good at things like this.

nedsta
26-12-2013, 12:27
FW orc command set (that I bought myself) and a packet of biscuits from my lasses nan (mostly broken biscuits I might add) but I'm still painting my macharius from last xmas.

colonel kane trine
26-12-2013, 13:16
I ended up with
Firestorm redoubt
Stronghold assault
4 vengeance gun turrets
Escalation
Bloodletters
And a good boost to my forgeworld fund

Loopstah
26-12-2013, 13:39
Had to buy my own 40K related present but treated myself to 2x Repressors, a LR Prometheus, Imperial Armour Two 2nd Edition, a brass etch Inquisition sheet and a bunch of Sisters Rhino parts from Forgeworld.

IcedCrow
26-12-2013, 13:44
I bought myself an eldar cobra heavy grav tank.

The Emperor
26-12-2013, 13:49
Space Marine Assault Squad and an airbrush. Oh, and some cologne.

still-young
26-12-2013, 13:55
I got money, and if I have any left after buying a bass vi, I'm probably gonna spend it on either Nids or the start of a PH Alpha Legion force :)

nosebiter
26-12-2013, 15:01
I got nada hobby related stuff for xmas.

Despite my xmas wish list not containing much else.

I was NOT a happy camper. Especially since i went all in getting my parents most of what they wanted.

spagg
26-12-2013, 15:32
I got money to spend on all the new Tyranids coming out in a few weeks!

IcedCrow
26-12-2013, 16:13
Oh christmas.

I don't see the point in you christmas.

Everyone giving each other things when they should just all hang out and have dinner and buy themselves what they really want. The lines in stores with people replacing gifts is long, and in my opinion everything that is wrong with the holidays.

Fangschrecken
26-12-2013, 16:15
no 40K, but I did get a fez, so I couldn't be happier.

Karak Norn Clansman
26-12-2013, 16:25
Socks, cash and Longbeards!

Beppo1234
26-12-2013, 22:14
Oh christmas.

I don't see the point in you christmas.

Everyone giving each other things when they should just all hang out and have dinner and buy themselves what they really want. The lines in stores with people replacing gifts is long, and in my opinion everything that is wrong with the holidays.

the point is to get other people to buy the things that you want, but would never buy yourself. For me, that was 'nids. Always wanted to try painting some of the MCs, but didn't really want to drop my own cash on it, given I'm working on my DAs right now, and that's where my hobby budget should go.

Sildani
27-12-2013, 02:58
no 40K, but I did get a fez, so I couldn't be happier.

Thread winner, right here.

I received a Hemlock wraithfighter and a box of Windrider jetbikes. I are happy.

War Corgi
27-12-2013, 03:02
I got a Leman Russ for my Imperial Guard Army. Now my Punisher finally has a wing man (variant to be determined). Putting the guard force back together has been a much longer slog than I first anticipated.

insectum7
27-12-2013, 03:18
Bought myself the old metal Marneus Calgar in power armor off ebay. The blister style makes me think it was one of the earlier runs out of the 90's. (looking at package) Yup, 1996.

Plague Lord
27-12-2013, 04:01
Basketball socks, lots of underwear for some reason, an alarm clock because I'm allways late, some cash, tickets to the metallica concert in warsaw next year and that's that...

Lykandros
27-12-2013, 05:15
I surprised myself and bought a FW Fellblade the week before Christmas, assuming it would arrive sometime in January, only for it to come the day before Christmas Eve. Best early Christmas ever :D

silentsmoke
27-12-2013, 11:42
More imperial guard and lots of vouchers to use at my favourite place.....Forge World.

duffybear1988
27-12-2013, 13:22
I won an IG manticore and an objective dice set at our Xmas tournie. Wahooooo!!!!!!!!! I'm now 100% wins in 2013 (I've only played like 5 games this year though :))

lordbeefy
27-12-2013, 13:58
I got Stronghold assault and escalation books, the pandorax book and a packet of acolytes and a packet of arco flagellants.

Then, cos i live in the UK and we cants get them over here, my wife ordered on the internet a 1.1KG jar of super crunchy skippy peanut butter, a 1KG jar of Welchs grape jelly and a box of twinkies......my cup runneth over.

TheBearminator
27-12-2013, 23:11
Two pots of paint. :) I wished for some Incubi, but unfortunately there was none left in stock at our local shop.

Kakapo42
28-12-2013, 00:23
- April Rain by Delain

- The Enigma of Life by Sirenia

- Secret Passion by Imperia

- Shallow Life by Lacuna Coil

- Some Transmetropolitan issues/paperbacks

- Season 5 of Angel

- Yes Minister/Yes Prime Minister

- Season 3 of Buffy

- Season 3 of Supernatural

- Season 2 of New Girl

- Season 1 of 2 Broke Girls (One day I'm going to have to dedicate a Character to Kat Dennings)

- American Mary and Cabin in the Woods, which I was deeply disappointed to find are coded in the wrong region.

- A book

- Sugar

- A dice cube (green, my favourite colour and to go with my Wood Elves)

And money, which went on to buy:

- A box of Glade Guard

- A Citadel Wood

- A large army case (at last I can actually transport my armies effectively)

- The Sisters of Twilight on a Forest Dragon (my Christmas treat)

- A unicorn

- Two Wood Elf characters (the hooded one with the spear and the one with the bird on her arm)

And I also won a Devilfish, Stealth Team and Crisis Suit in a giffle giveaway my local GW ran. Who says they're cold-hearted?

MusingWarboss
28-12-2013, 02:19
I got a Clanking Destroyer from Kromlech!

Great little model, full of character. I'm going to use him as a Cybork!

Dryaktylus
28-12-2013, 17:06
Gifted myself with using some money I got and the end-of-year bonus.

First a Vengeance Weapons Battery (i.e. two bunkers and two really fancy tank turrets).

Then some GW bitz for Admech conversions from ebay (including a Necron Examination Table).

Finally my first Warmachine models (also from ebay), though I don't play the game. But the Bile Thralls, Bloat Thrall, Mechanithralls and Mortenebra & Deryliss should be good stuff for a Dark Mechanicus fun project.

Beppo1234
28-12-2013, 18:07
how are the vengeance weapons? This would be a nice place to put in a couple quick reviews on kits, seeing that everybody gets a little something.

I love the hive tyrant kit. The only thing I would change on it, is give it ball and socket hip joints (like the rest of the pieces on the model).

Kakapo42: for some odd reason, 'a unicorn' sticks out there as non-gaming merchandise.

Kakapo42
28-12-2013, 18:39
Kakapo42: for some odd reason, 'a unicorn' sticks out there as non-gaming merchandise.

One of these ones (http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?catId=cat440121a&prodId=prod1710046a), in case you were wondering.

misterboff
28-12-2013, 18:54
I got a box of CSM, a Chaos Rhino, a Chaos Termie Lord, the Nurgle and Tzeentch dice cubes and all 6 of the new technical paints.

It's my 30th in a fortnight though, so I may well get some more CSM then (hopefully)...

Makaber
28-12-2013, 19:53
A big ol' box of nothin' fun, so I went out and brought myself a High Elf army book, battle magic cards, and a Frostheart Phoenix.

Dryaktylus
28-12-2013, 23:14
how are the vengeance weapons? This would be a nice place to put in a couple quick reviews on kits, seeing that everybody gets a little something.

Quality is okay, but don't compare it to the usual plastic kits. It's kinda cheaper, but I guess that's not that of a problem.

Only one Aquila on one of the turrets and the bone relics on the base are optional (note for the Chaos players). You get two guns in each kit, so you could use the spare bitz for a Leman Russ (or a Sabre, if you're that cool:cool:).

I adore the weapon turrets. They're crying to be used on tanks (well, I hear them). Please note, some minor conversion skills are needed. But the results should pay off.

Beppo1234
28-12-2013, 23:37
how do they fit? can you snap a pic?

Eldarsif
29-12-2013, 00:01
Got:

- Riptide
- Wraithknight
- 1520 Battlefoam bag

Coldhatred
29-12-2013, 03:39
I got the Eldar Ghost Warriors box, along with a box of Rangers and a box of Jet Bikes. :D

Abaraxas
29-12-2013, 10:03
Crystal Head Vodka (comes in a glass skull, that's Warhammery!) and Arjac Rockfist.

Lord Squidar
30-12-2013, 09:28
Forge world great unclean one and a box of nurglings

Nubl0
30-12-2013, 10:46
I got about £200 worth of gw vouchers plus about £400 more in cash from the gagillions of relatives I have hah. Also getting paid soon so about half of my money is probably go into expanding my tyranids come Saturday haha! I've been eyeing up the Harridan for some time now, and seeing as I could now use one without having to play apoc I might just bite the bullet and pick one up.

Beppo1234
30-12-2013, 13:28
I got about £200 worth of gw vouchers plus about £400 more in cash from the gagillions of relatives I have hah. Also getting paid soon so about half of my money is probably go into expanding my tyranids come Saturday haha! I've been eyeing up the Harridan for some time now, and seeing as I could now use one without having to play apoc I might just bite the bullet and pick one up.

might be worth while waiting a couple more weeks, and seeing what comes out in plastic for the 'Nids maybe?

Naley
30-12-2013, 18:41
Got nothing hobby stuff, but as I am nearly 23 I find it easier to buy my own stuff. I am perfectly happy with money or gift cards, tough some in the family still feel the need to give a package. Bought myself a Firestorm Redoubt + ardcoat for gem painting for some of the money I got. Seems that I am not the only one getting wall of martyrs stuff. Was considering a baneblade or the tempestus firebase(will check if I can save money of triplehelix by buying seperatly first. Might be cheaper than Norwegian Price), but resisted the urge for now:D

Colonel Lexx
30-12-2013, 19:19
A Imperial guard Cadian battleforce box set and a Leeman russ battle tank .... plenty to keep me occupied for a couple of months building

DeathGlam
30-12-2013, 22:39
I got two Black Library novels, due to my sister knowing i like to read and what my main hobby is but not wanting to buy me something from the wrong army.

I don't normally read BL stuff as i read one about 7 years ago and thought it was really poor but this has forced me to give them another go and after reading one, im hooked as really enjoyed it.

In case your wondering they are Iron Guard which i have just finished reading and Priests of Mars which i have just started.

dblaz3r
31-12-2013, 00:11
Nothing much hobby related for me besides $200 worth of GW vouchers which will be gone to preorders come Saturday :)

Kung Fu Hamster
31-12-2013, 00:16
Hobby-wise, I got a couple bottles of Vallejo paint, a Garden of Morr, and a VC Wight King.

Non hobby-wise, I got a HUGE stack of cookbooks and a nice cast-iron skillet.

Astraeos
31-12-2013, 00:20
Lots of DVDs and books, a Play Arts Kai Chun-Li action figure (whose arm fell off), BlazBlue Continuum shift 2, lots of stuff to eat…. Oh wait, warhammer stuff.

Just Warlord Spinetail and a bottle of GW thick super glue!

IcedAnimals
31-12-2013, 01:32
unfortunately nothing hobby related. Though I had a great christmas so I don't mind.

Death Korp
31-12-2013, 14:17
I got the Space Marines BL Omnibus and the double KR Multicase. I don't need anymore models, I just need to paint the ones I own!

colonel kane trine
31-12-2013, 14:45
The vengeance guns are great and if you only glue 3 sides of the turret on and blu tack the 4th you can easily switch them between punishers and battlecannons. They fit on the firestorm too!

I also treated myself to a splurge at the hobbycraft sale. Battleforces for £45? Go on then il take 2 :) and got 2 leman russes for £40. All in i got 2 cadian battleforces 2 leman russes a nid battleforce and a box of nid warriors for a mate for £190...

Inquisitor Engel
31-12-2013, 16:39
Airbrush spray booth and an airbrush and compressor kit, at long last.

deathnuggy
31-12-2013, 23:42
my wife opened the forgeworld sight and gave me $800 to buy anything i want ( I love her) so I started my HH Imperors children army will be posting some pics in the painting section in a few days.