PDA

View Full Version : Fanatics

Imperator64
28-12-2013, 12:17
When exactly (under which circumstances and in which phase) do fanatics 1. Emerge from host unit &2. Inflict damage?
Specifically If a unit moves to within or appears within 8" of a ngoblin unit during the magic phase do the fanatics pop out in the magic phase and inflict damage during that magic phase?

Artiee
28-12-2013, 13:22
Yes,, Anytime a enemy unit gets within 8" of a NG unit.

Morkmillian
28-12-2013, 13:26
yes at any point you move within 8" of an enemy or an enemy move within 8" of you.

even if its a charge you would pause their movement at 8" away do the fanatics movement and damage then they an continue thier charge (even if it means landing on fanatics that didnt quite make it) :)

Imperator64
28-12-2013, 13:38
And is the danage done immediately or in the combat phase?

Morkmillian
28-12-2013, 13:41
yea, the damage is resolved immediatley -

Imperator64
28-12-2013, 13:59
So a spell that lets you perform an extra move and have the ethereal rule for the duration of the magic phase would be the perfect remedy for the.crazy little things, wouldn't it?

dooms33ker
29-12-2013, 06:01
So a spell that lets you perform an extra move and have the ethereal rule for the duration of the magic phase would be the perfect remedy for the.crazy little things, wouldn't it?

Yes, it would. Although it is worth noting that the fanatic can be released in any direction, not necessarily in the direction of the ethereal unit. But that is one of the best ways to draw these lunatics out of their units.

orionwoodking
29-12-2013, 09:44
I came across an interesting situation where I was moving a flyer and when it came in range of the fanatics it was flying directly over another Ork unit. Does anybody have any idea what happens?

bigbiggles
29-12-2013, 10:14
They can hit you. But your remaining move can skip over ones that "fell short"

godswearhats
30-12-2013, 01:45
For the purposes of releasing fanatics, it explicitly states that fliers land.

Tae
30-12-2013, 09:46
This is correct, however I believe the question being asked was what if at the point at which the flyer is forced to land (i.e. within 8") they are unable to do so as they are above an enemy unit. What happens then?

The bearded one
30-12-2013, 12:09
Then you divide by zero, and the universe implodes.

There's no real answer to that, other than houseruling it. Either have the flyer back up a few inches and land before it goes over the unit, or have it continue and land behind the unit it was passing over (and still release the fanatic in either case, even though the flyer might not be within 8"). Or instantly destroy the flyer, but that's rather harsh..

godswearhats
30-12-2013, 20:40
Ah, apologies I missed that part. If you place the flier down 1" in front of the enemy unit it would be flying over, then everything should still be fine. If you think about it, the fanatic can still be released in the direction of the flier, and as long as the Night Goblin player rolls high enough to get to his own unit, it will still hit the flier. The rules for Fanatics are such that they pop through units that they come into contact with and come out 1" the other side. In this case, they would just pop through the friendly unit then immediately contact the flier and pop through that one as well. (The blue arrow shows the path of the fanatic - it would pop out just south of the flyer in this diagram).

So, the Night Goblin more easily reaches his intended target, but at the cost of his own models. Seems wonderfully fluffy to me! :-)

orionwoodking
30-12-2013, 22:19
Thats a great help, thank you

Spiney Norman
31-12-2013, 12:00
If a night goblin unit moves to within 12" of an enemy unit, and then has Hand of Gork cast upon it in the magic phase and it moved to within 4" of the target unit at what point do the Fanatics release?

As far as I can tell, the unit does not actually move in the traditional sense of actually covering the ground, it simply appears at its new location.

FatTrucker
31-12-2013, 13:27
If a night goblin unit moves to within 12" of an enemy unit, and then has Hand of Gork cast upon it in the magic phase and it moved to within 4" of the target unit at what point do the Fanatics release?

As far as I can tell, the unit does not actually move in the traditional sense of actually covering the ground, it simply appears at its new location.

As far as I'm aware this is FAQ'd. The fanatics still release as soon as the unit is 8" away from an enemy along the trajectory of its movement with HoG. Presumably as they don't teleport as such but are lifted and propelled by the HoG.

Effectively fanatics always and under all circumstances release when an enemy is 8" away.