PDA

View Full Version : SoC Eshin with a D.O.W giant!

Shazarn
09-06-2006, 09:09
Can it work??
i dunno, here it is:

1 * Eshin Sorcerer @ 160 Pts
General; Magic Level 2; 2ndWeapon; Smoke Bombs; Throwing Stars
#1 Warpstone Token [0]
#Sk1 - Skitterleap [0]
Dwarf-Slayer [35]
Talisman of Protection [15]

1 Assassin @ 150 Pts
2ndWeapon; Smoke Bombs; Throwing Stars
Bands of Power [25]

14 Night Runners @ 145 Pts
2ndWeapon; Throwing Stars
1 Nightleader @ [10] Pts

1 Nightleader @ [10] Pts

9 Gutter Runners Tunnelling Team @ 162 Pts
Tunnelling Team; 2ndWeapon
1 Black Skaven @ [12] Pts

D.O.W Giant @ 205pts

Total Army Cost: 992 (when i decide on 25pts for the assasin)

I was looking thru the Eshin SoC rules and found that they could take DOW, knowing that the giant was now DOW, i thought id make this list,
nice knowing if you roll a 2 or 4 for 'under cover of darkness', the giant will get the charge most of the time, and that can own units baaadd:skull:
and, any missle fire at him probably wont happen cuz he'll he hidden.

ANy feedback is greatly accepted:D

(BTW: i know that this list depends on the 'under cover of darkness' roll landing on a small number, but i think that it can take haveng 30" shooting

J6mnik
09-06-2006, 09:29
Can it work?
i dunno, here it is

1 * Eshin Sorcerer @ 160 Pts
General; Magic Level 2; 2ndWeapon; Smoke Bombs; Throwing Stars
#1 Warpstone Token [0]
#Sk1 - Skitterleap [0]
Dwarf-Slayer [35]
Talisman of Protection [15]

Dwafr slayer? :wtf: Sorcerer has 1 attack... Better quip him with warpstone charm and warpstone amulet.

1 Assassin @ 150 Pts
2ndWeapon; Smoke Bombs; Throwing Stars
Bands of Power [25]

I like to equip assassin with BoP (if they work you have assassin with str 8, otherwise you will draw some dispel dices from opponent's dispel pool :) ), but against dwarfs and in small army like yours it can be easily countered, I'm afraid.

Make units smaller, 9 gutter runners with TT rule is IMO too much! Split this in 2 units, one with TT rule and second without it. Or, if you want, make 2 units with TT.
This same with night runners - one big unit (main fighting unit, drop throwing stars) and several smaller (as shooting support or missile shield). I have one unit equipped with slings, they can sometimes hunt some unarmoured opponents (mage, slayers etc. Sometimes you can manage to cancel some rank bonus :) ).

And now the main problem: giant and UCOD rule. There was discussion about it on warseer.com or GW forum (i can't remember) and most of players agreed, that if you army contains model without rule "skirmish", then UCOD rule CANNOT be used. Giant, in fact, is a LARGE MODEL...
So IMO in this army you cannot use UOCD rule. Ask other skaven warlords about this problem.
Good luck!
J6mnik

(sorry for my english...)

Shazarn
09-06-2006, 09:53
BLAST :mad: :mad:
i knew it was too hacked to work LOL:p dumb giant :D
i get alot saying that 10 GR with TT is too much, i rekon it'd b awesome on a flank but if it collapses, i get the idea LOL
ne ideas on the 2nd itm for the assasin??

cheers alot,

Shazarn
09-06-2006, 09:54
BTW
1 Nightleader @ [10] Pts

9 Gutter Runners Tunnelling Team @ 162 Pts
Tunnelling Team; 2ndWeapon
1 Black Skaven @ [12] Pts

is say 14 night tunners and a night leader for 15,
stupid army builder LOL