PDA

View Full Version : The Tau in 2014

Luxem
04-01-2014, 04:54
Greetings fellow comrades, I have recently begun pondering the new year in regards to the Tau. Will we be seeing any more fluff written on them?

MajorWesJanson
04-01-2014, 04:57
Not directly, but I'd expect appearances in places like the timelines and battles of other codices, especially with Nids, IG, and Orks rumored to be the next up.

Azazyll
05-01-2014, 02:19
I wouldn't be surprised to see more dataslates and maybe digital short stories.

Nazguire
05-01-2014, 21:06
There doesn't seem to be any more BL coming out for them at this stage. Be nice if GW offered up more data slates for some alien mercenaries for the Tau to use. Always thought that they were woefully under developed in this aspect.

The Warmaster
08-01-2014, 08:00
There doesn't seem to be any more BL coming out for them at this stage. Be nice if GW offered up more data slates for some alien mercenaries for the Tau to use. Always thought that they were woefully under developed in this aspect.

Exactly. They're supposed to have a fair number of vassal races (the Lexicanum lists twelve on the Auxiliaries page, and fifteen on the Tau Empire index), but only two are currently available in a fully accurate capacity (you can roughly proxy Gue'vesa with allied Guard, I guess), and the Codex isn't exactly brimming with options for either (considering the variety of Kroot squads in the old Kroot Mercs list, only having Carnivore squads for them feels cheap). Makes you wonder why they don't just go back to calling it "Codex: Tau".

As for dataslates, Gue'vesa auxiliaries would be simple to implement (dataslate + a small modelling guide thrown in the back with tips on converting them from Guard and Fire Warrior plastics), and if GW were willing to make new models to go along with digital content, there's not really much limit to what they could do. I know I'd like to see psychic space bears (Nicassar)... :D

Luxem
08-01-2014, 13:27
Exactly. They're supposed to have a fair number of vassal races (the Lexicanum lists twelve on the Auxiliaries page, and fifteen on the Tau Empire index), but only two are currently available in a fully accurate capacity (you can roughly proxy Gue'vesa with allied Guard, I guess), and the Codex isn't exactly brimming with options for either (considering the variety of Kroot squads in the old Kroot Mercs list, only having Carnivore squads for them feels cheap). Makes you wonder why they don't just go back to calling it "Codex: Tau".

As for dataslates, Gue'vesa auxiliaries would be simple to implement (dataslate + a small modelling guide thrown in the back with tips on converting them from Guard and Fire Warrior plastics), and if GW were willing to make new models to go along with digital content, there's not really much limit to what they could do. I know I'd like to see psychic space bears (Nicassar)... :D

From the mouth of tzeentch itself, http://natfka.blogspot.com/2013/07/tau-mercenaries-quarter-1-2014-and.html

Menthak
08-01-2014, 13:30
From the mouth of tzeentch itself, http://natfka.blogspot.com/2013/07/tau-mercenaries-quarter-1-2014-and.html

If by Tzeentch you mean "Completely random and is only ever correct by chance" yep.

I'd rather rely on what my dog tells me for rumours. But I do hope it's true.