PDA

View Full Version : Plastic Terrain

Poncho160
05-01-2014, 06:59
Just stumbled across this plastic terrain whilst looking for 40k stuff.

looks like it would be perfect for warhammer, quite cheap too.

http://www.plastcraftgames.com/en/43-medieval

MasterSplinter
05-01-2014, 09:29
Seems that you still have to cut all the structures to it. Not more expensive than buying you plastic cards, so a little time advantage here.

Griefbringer
05-01-2014, 18:10
Looks like those are not polystyrene, but a mixture of PVC and resin, so probably needs to be assembled with something else than polystyrene glue.

That said, the price does not look too bad.

Verm1s
05-01-2014, 19:16
Seems that you still have to cut all the structures to it.

You just have to cut the connections. Just like you do with styrene sprues.

Looks like those are not polystyrene, but a mixture of PVC

Sneaky sods, hiding that information up at the top of the page in large letters.

Archon of Death
06-01-2014, 01:52
Man, being from the US, those commas were really off putting... That said, I have pdfs of card building templates and enough greenstuff to texture a 4x16' table, so I'm pretty set for making terrain.

Lorcryst
06-01-2014, 13:33
Good find !

I've made a few cardboard houses and towers for our gaming table, but after a couple of years they're falling apart ... and we were gentle in manipulating them !

I have to say that I was a great fan of cardboard (in my case, cereal and frozen pizza boxes) to make buildings, but now I find that the moulded pieces and sturdiness of plastic/resin/PVC terrain is so much better ... cardboard is cheap, but the effect on the table is cheap too :shifty:

I'm planning to buy a bunch of those Medieval houses in the not-too-distant future, to make a small town of them ... I'm thinking one two-storey, one small one, two standard ones, two "with annex" and three huts should be more than enough to represent an Empire settlement somewhere ... or maybe more huts to decorate them with orcish/goblinish icons/shields to make a greenskin shanty town ...

Thank you for your research, saved me some time, I bookmarked that website :p

gorenut
08-01-2014, 19:30
Too bad shipping for the States is prohibitive. Would be worth it if you loaded up on tons of terrain at once though to get free shipping.

Elfwolf
10-01-2014, 04:35
Noble Knight Games carries this line in the US.

Lothlanathorian
10-01-2014, 05:41
Noble Knight Games carries this line in the US.

I just happened to see this in the recent posts feed and am glad I did. I've been trying to find a webstore in the US that carries Plastcraft buildings for Infinity.