PDA

View Full Version : Skaven Hellpit Abomination Question

paule15
05-01-2014, 19:02
The Hellpit's "Its Alive" rule as part of "Too Horrible to Die". If the hellpit comes back to life at the end of the slaying players turn, can it move as normal in the owners next turn.

The book says if the Hellpit is slain, put a marker on the spot and at the end of the turn (slaying players turn) consult the Too Horrible to Die chart and throw the dice... If it throws It's alive the Hellpit resurrects itself.....

Was just wondering is it able to move as normal in the owning players turn.

Thanks for any help you can give.

PE

theunwantedbeing
05-01-2014, 19:24
Yes, it acts as normal in the owners turn after coming back at the end of an enemy turn.

paule15
06-01-2014, 19:38
Yes, it acts as normal in the owners turn after coming back at the end of an enemy turn.

Thanks heaps for the advice I thought it should be able to move. Is there any FAQ or reference for this (its not in the rule book or in the Skaven FAQ I have read), or is it just a common interpretation of the rule. Just wanted the back up if it comes up again in a game.

Otherwise I will use this forum as the reference I guess.

PE.

theunwantedbeing
06-01-2014, 19:58
As far as I can tell, the reference is the Hellpit rules.

It says it comes back to life at the end of the turn(player turn) it died.
So the following turn, as it's now not dead anymore it acts exactly as if it was alive (because it is).

Are you perhaps getting mixed up with the rules for things coming back onto the board that have left it?
As that happens in the remaining moves phase and is something completely different.

Malagor
06-01-2014, 19:59
Well he comes back to life(if he does) at the end of the turn. At the start of the next turn it's more or less as if he never died.

furrie
06-01-2014, 21:02
seeing as the rules don't state what you can and can't do, I would assume you can do everything he normally can

paule15
07-01-2014, 18:58
Thanks for the advice, as the rules state (your quote) "It says it comes back to life at the end of the turn(player turn) it died". Seeing as there is no reference to it not being able to move or having to recover from the resurrection in its own (friendly player) turn. Then hallalulah the ABOM has returned....
Happy to close this thread off now.... Great forum.
PE