5 Hexwraiths

5 Hexwraiths

2 Fell Bats

1 Spirit Host

1 Spirit Host
RARE

Terrorgheist

Terrorgheist

So this will be my second Fantasy tournament coming up in March, I think. The main fighting force consists of a blender lord in a unit of skeletons, 5 wide, of course. The Wight King is his body guard and all those ranks of skeletons should break steadfast. Zeds are there to guard the flank, or tarpit units I don't want to fight. Lvl1 Necro will hang out with the zeds too, don't really care if he dies, as long as the scroll has been used. Hexwraiths can flank and/or kill chaff, and war machines.

I think the rest of it is pretty much self explanatory. I have a question about Nightshroud. Do models making supporting attacks against the Wight King get affected by Nightshroud? It says models in base contact, but do supporting attacks count as base contact? I know it's a stupid question, but if they don't count, I don't think it's worth taking.

I can also drop 1 spirit host and bats for another Deathromancer, but I don't think another wizard is worth it for me. I will probably be saving 2 power dice for 2 dispel dice via the Black Periapt.

I Am Forsaken
06-01-2014, 07:53
Do you find you get worthwhile use out of the black periapt? I've never taken it, but I don't think i could justify it over the Ogre Blade on a blender lord, losing the ASF re-rolls by having a great weapon is too big a sacrifice for me especially since your putting him in skeletons and not ghouls or guard which can actually chip in with a few wounds of their own.

Other than that all I would suggest is maybe split the zombies into 2 units to get a bit more flexibilty out of them, although you need to rely a little more on invo to beef them up in that case.

CGBSpender
06-01-2014, 22:22
The only two spells I care about are VHD and Invo, and maybe raise dead for some free chaff, therefore I find it worth it to save 2 power dice for 2 dispel dice. The enemy's magic phase can be devastating to me especially initiative tests and dwellers. Also hate lore of Life because of flesh to stone, and throne. Ugh such a stupid lore. He ignores miscast on a 2+, and then I can't stop the spell?? If you are going to get a spell off irresistibly there should be a tax. A lot of people in my meta take lore of life, and in the last tourney I went to most people had it.

I Am Forsaken
07-01-2014, 03:27
Fair enough, I tend to use all my PD every magic phase when I play VC (and then usually try begging for more) but if it works for you then I say got for it.

My regular opponent for many years has been Lizardmen and up until the new book he always used loremaster life slaan so I definately feel your pain there, had many good battles between hoff banner GG and T8 saururs before the new VC book tho