PDA

View Full Version : 40k in 2014 - What do you want

Poncho160
06-01-2014, 22:04
Apart from the rumored 6.5 / 7th edition, what do you want to see come out for 40k this year?

What Codexes, Codex supplement, supplements, dataslates, formations or models do you predict, expect or want to come out this year?

I am expecting Codexes IG, Orks, SW and BA to be released, along side a tonne of Codex supplements and dataslates / formations.

Personally I would love to see Codex: Saim-Hann released along side a new jetbike and Vyper models, just so I can start a nice, new windrider host.

IcedCrow
06-01-2014, 22:06
I dont want to see 7th and i doubt we will this year.

Id like to see the rest of yesteryears codicies be updated.

insectum7
06-01-2014, 22:18
Plastic Thunderhawk!

barontuman
06-01-2014, 22:25
Want: An attempt game balance and world piece.
Hope for : Orks that are both competitive and assaulty.
Expect : More gun-line-S7-roll-buckets-of-dice-because-using-a dust-pan-to-remove-models-is-fun style army books.

insectum7
06-01-2014, 22:31
Want: An attempt game balance and world piece.

What faction is that model for?

TheBearminator
06-01-2014, 22:44
Want:
IG, Orks, Dark Eldar
Codex supplement deamon engines
A stop to unreasonable price hikes
Death to finecast

Expect:
IG and Orks

Don't want:
More focus on Space Marines, their siblings, cousins, nephews or grand parents

dangerboyjim
06-01-2014, 22:44
I guess a codex: Orks and a whole load of cool plastic is a realistic wish.

My out there wish is obviously a Genestealer cult list.

nosebiter
06-01-2014, 22:51
An Ork army that can be both choppy and shooty. A nerf to the deffgun (stupid gun, should be either short ranged or str 5). Weirdboyz that are fun and random (explosions!!). Cool plastik kits for manz, freebooters, tankbustas and kommandoz.

An imperial guard book with focus on lots of boots on the ground and the common leman russ. You know an actual imperial guard ARMY.

Gig
06-01-2014, 22:52
Doomrider rules, Slaanesh supplement for either/or both chaos daemons and marines

MajorWesJanson
07-01-2014, 05:37
What I Expect:
IG codex with plastic Basilisk/Colossus/Medusa, Plastic Stormtroopers/Veterans/Bastonne, plastic fighter like the Lightning or Thunderbolt, plastic Hydra/missile AA tank, clampack commissar.
Ork codex with plastic meganobz, plastic buggy/trakk, Tankbustas/kommandoes, 2-3 other plastic kits, clampack wyrdboy
Space Wolf codex. Plastic wulfen. Maybe a wolf specific dreadnought with parts for Bjorn, possibly new flier, clampack rune priest
Dark Eldar codex- Plastic Wracks, plastic groteqsues, voidraven bomber, clampack haemonculus

Supplements:
Catachan
13th Company Spacewolves
Speed Freaks
Fallen supplement for CSM with Cypher

Scenery-
Void Shield Generator
resin promethium pipelines like the barricades kit.

Chem-Dog
07-01-2014, 12:28
More Humans.

Imperial Guard Regiment and Stormtroopers further pushing the IG range to full interchangability.
Chaos Cultists in a box.
Some hint that GW are at least considering doing an Adeptus Mechanicus Codex.
Genestealer "cult" infestation.

ntw3001
07-01-2014, 12:41
Don't want:
More focus on Space Marines, their siblings, cousins, nephews or grand parents

Codex: Space Marines' Mums confirmed

Jim
07-01-2014, 12:42
What I Expect:
IG codex with plastic Basilisk/Colossus/Medusa, Plastic Stormtroopers/Veterans/Bastonne, plastic fighter like the Lightning or Thunderbolt, plastic Hydra/missile AA tank, clampack commissar.
Ork codex with plastic meganobz, plastic buggy/trakk, Tankbustas/kommandoes, 2-3 other plastic kits, clampack wyrdboy
Space Wolf codex. Plastic wulfen. Maybe a wolf specific dreadnought with parts for Bjorn, possibly new flier, clampack rune priest
Dark Eldar codex- Plastic Wracks, plastic groteqsues, voidraven bomber, clampack haemonculus

Supplements:
Catachan
13th Company Spacewolves
Speed Freaks
Fallen supplement for CSM with Cypher

Scenery-
Void Shield Generator
resin promethium pipelines like the barricades kit.

This sounds realistic and I would love to see the IG models listed here...

Jim

Spiney Norman
07-01-2014, 13:52
Apart from the rumored 6.5 / 7th edition, what do you want to see come out for 40k this year?

What Codexes, Codex supplement, supplements, dataslates, formations or models do you predict, expect or want to come out this year?

I am expecting Codexes IG, Orks, SW and BA to be released, along side a tonne of Codex supplements and dataslates / formations.

Personally I would love to see Codex: Saim-Hann released along side a new jetbike and Vyper models, just so I can start a nice, new windrider host.

I want a proper Codex: Sisters of Battle/Adepta Spororitas/Witch Hunters with new models, perhaps a flyer, big religious tank and an army list that isn't 75% useless, but since we all know that is about as likely as NASA announcing they have discovered warp drive...

...what I am expecting is Codex Imperial guard, maybe be a new Ork codex and possibly one of the marine codexes (space wolves or blood angels look to be next, we can't have a year without anything space mariney can we...) with perhaps some more fortification kits to fill in the blanks in stronghold assault.

I'd prefer them not to redo codex Necrons or dark Eldar if at all possible because those two armies are functioning quite nicely in a not-OP-but-still-competitive kind of way and that is really where I would like them to stay.

TheBearminator
07-01-2014, 15:14
Codex: Space Marines' Mums confirmed

Epic NOOOO!

Sephillion
07-01-2014, 16:37

I think we have too much releases waiting before plastic Wracks and Grotesques – though most are characters. I wonder how they’ll handle this: we need Asdrubael Vect (probably a box with his Ravager), the Baron, the Duke, Lady Malys and the Decapitator, that’s a lot of characters. Then we are missing the Bomber. As much as I’d like new plastic Grotesques other than the expensive, monopose one, I’d still prefer some new stuff.

If they do a new DE dex, I expect some things to change, namely I think the days of less than 5 squads are over for any small-base; I’m preparing for my squad of 4 Incubi and Archon in a Venom to be over, really.

I’m not sure if I really expect it to come this year.

Oh, and no 7th edition please. I am not even finished building my DA army, my DE needs reworking…

MajorWesJanson
07-01-2014, 16:51
I think we have too much releases waiting before plastic Wracks and Grotesques – though most are characters. I wonder how they’ll handle this: we need Asdrubael Vect (probably a box with his Ravager), the Baron, the Duke, Lady Malys and the Decapitator, that’s a lot of characters. Then we are missing the Bomber. As much as I’d like new plastic Grotesques other than the expensive, monopose one, I’d still prefer some new stuff.

If they do a new DE dex, I expect some things to change, namely I think the days of less than 5 squads are over for any small-base; I’m preparing for my squad of 4 Incubi and Archon in a Venom to be over, really.

I’m not sure if I really expect it to come this year.

Oh, and no 7th edition please. I am not even finished building my DA army, my DE needs reworking…

Wracks are an infantry squad that can be made troops, and the leader has a bunch of wargear without model representation, wargear that is also used on the haemonculus. Grotesques are larger and missing a decent number of options, and would make a good terminator sized 5-man kit.

I would love to see the Dais of Destruction be made into a heavy catamaran looking vehicle, larger than the Raider/ravager but smaller than the FW Tantalus. Give it 4 guns to the Ravager's three, and 20 passenger capacity, like a Dark Eldar version of the Land Raider. AV12 or so. And add parts for Vect.

MadmanMSU
07-01-2014, 16:59
Want: The complete repeal of Escalation. In the words of Walter Sobchak: "Has the whole world gone crazy? Am I the only one around here who gives a **** about the rules?"

Expect: None of the above. GW will continue with the usual drivel.

Actually happening: Selling off my armies. Will keep one or two for funsies.

Grndhog89
07-01-2014, 17:09
Why is everyone so resolute on calling this 7th edition? I am pretty sure that whatever is coming is going to be 6.5. They aren't rebooting the game like they do every 4-5 years.......this is a slight tweak to the core rules.

Personally I'd like to see a codex supplement for daemons and my DA.

The Emperor
07-01-2014, 17:12
What I Want:

A new Codex: Blood Angels with the price of jump packs drastically reduced, but which keeps the Blood Angels psychic powers intact for the most part (I'm going to cry if Mephiston loses Wings of Sanguinius and The Sanguine Sword and is forced to choose generic rulebook psychic powers instead).
A new Codex: Imperial Guard which allows Leman Russ Battle Tanks and Demolishers to fire all their weapons at full BS while on the move.
New Imperial Guard plastic models. Specifically, I want an option for Carapace Armor wearing Guardsmen, from Infantry Squads to Veteran Squads to Stormtroopers. I'd love to have the option to have all my Guardsmen in Carapace Armor.
A plastic Knight Titan for the Imperial Guard using Monstrous Creature rules.
A plastic Thunderhawk Gunship.
A massive price drop on Forge World's Warhound Titan.
Plastic Eldar Aspect Warriors and Harlequins.

Ozendorph
07-01-2014, 17:14
Calling it 7th gives me some degree of hope. False hope, mind you, but hope.

What I'd like: Major core rules revision.

What I expect: More dust gathering on my 40K minis while I work on a Circle army

Grndhog89
07-01-2014, 17:33
Want: The complete repeal of Escalation.

I forgot, I want this as well.

IcedCrow
07-01-2014, 17:37
But if its optional why do we need it repealed?

I don't use it at all. I just don't see the need to erase it. I don't see it as "drivel" or any of the other internet macho stuff that gets thrown about. Options are good. Use them or don't. Why remove options... to force people to play in the standard in the box way?

Poncho160
07-01-2014, 17:44
What I Want:

A new Codex: Blood Angels with the price of jump packs drastically reduced, but which keeps the Blood Angels psychic powers intact for the most part (I'm going to cry if Mephiston loses Wings of Sanguinius and The Sanguine Sword and is forced to choose generic rulebook psychic powers instead).
A new Codex: Imperial Guard which allows Leman Russ Battle Tanks and Demolishers to fire all their weapons at full BS while on the move.
New Imperial Guard plastic models. Specifically, I want an option for Carapace Armor wearing Guardsmen, from Infantry Squads to Veteran Squads to Stormtroopers. I'd love to have the option to have all my Guardsmen in Carapace Armor.
A plastic Knight Titan for the Imperial Guard using Monstrous Creature rules.
A plastic Thunderhawk Gunship.
A massive price drop on Forge World's Warhound Titan.
Plastic Eldar Aspect Warriors and Harlequins.

A plastic knight would be awesome. I would also love to see FW go plastic. If the likes of Dreamforge can do a plastic titan, why cant FW?

Silversage
07-01-2014, 17:53
Want:
- Blood Angels Codex. Having trouble fighting with the sons of Sanguinius, though it may just be me.
- ORKS! Gimme a new Codex and I will likely have to join da WAAAAAGGGGHHHH!!!
- A price drop on *******' everything. Stop pushing us Games Workshop, eventually we WILL push back.

Expect:
- Way too much Space Marine stuff. And I'm saying this as a DA/BA/SM player. Ok give the Wolves their new stuff, they want it, but after that chill out. I'm not expecting a new BA Codex, though if it does happen I'll be quite happy.
- Death to finecast.
- IG.
- A whole bunch of supplements etc.

Don't want:
- GW boss: "There you go, new units and Codexes and stuff. Now that we have your attention again, we're going to want more money for our models. Again. Cause we're a bunch of greedy dicks."
- Stahp messing with the game and the rules for a while. I'm personally not a fan of less assaulty and a more shooty game, but I'd rather get used to one set of rules before they change again.

Grndhog89
07-01-2014, 17:57

I don't use it at all. I just don't see the need to erase it. I don't see it as "drivel" or any of the other internet macho stuff that gets thrown about. Options are good. Use them or don't. Why remove options... to force people to play in the standard in the box way?

Because these options open the door for WAAC powergamers to further abuse the game's choices and shift the competitive meta again.

Killgore
07-01-2014, 18:11
Void Shield relays! Looking forward to seeing what these will look like :)

A new world-wide campaign, I have fond memories of Eye of Terror, more of these please!

More supplements, Iíve bought all the current ones and want more! If people donít want to play them, thatís cool,
but I donít appreciate people preaching about how they are Ďruiningí the game like someone has a gun to their head forcing them to play.

IcedCrow
07-01-2014, 18:25
Because these options open the door for WAAC powergamers to further abuse the game's choices and shift the competitive meta again.

Yes but... they are optional. Which means you don't have to use them. So WAAC powergamers can't abuse them if you aren't using them. And "the competitive meta" doesn't have to use them either. Some may. Some won't. I don't see how variety is a bad thing.

The situation may be different if these were suddenly core codex rules that had to be used, but they aren't at all.

Sephillion
07-01-2014, 18:37
Why is everyone so resolute on calling this 7th edition? I am pretty sure that whatever is coming is going to be 6.5. They aren't rebooting the game like they do every 4-5 years.......this is a slight tweak to the core rules.

Personally I'd like to see a codex supplement for daemons and my DA.

I donít even want a 6.5, unless the changes are so minor they donít require purchasing a new book. If there are some tweaking to do, do it in a FAQ or use your official magazine Ė there are three different rulebooks already.

A supplement for DA would be sweet though. I just donít see it.

Valaskjalf1414
07-01-2014, 19:01
Well Codex SM has been out for what, 4 months? And they already have a number of Supplements out, Updated FW Chapter tactics and Dataslates - Enough is enough.

Chaos SM has been out for more than a year and we have one solitary Supplement, which TBH, isnt that great - we dont need/want rules that allow us even MORE Heldrakes!
What I want is:
- Book of Tzeentch/Nurgle/Khorne/Slaanesh
- Legion Specific updates to Alpha Legion/Nightlords/Red Corsairs/World Eaters Etc...
- New codex for BA and SW - With a particular focus on nerfing Runic Weapons and the damn nullifying Rune Priest which single handedly makes all Psychic Entries in opposing armies useless.
- Reduction in Cost of BA HQs and Troops

Edit: Make Dante's Axe NOT unwieldy

TheBearminator
07-01-2014, 19:43
I think we have too much releases waiting before plastic Wracks and Grotesques Ė though most are characters. I wonder how theyíll handle this: we need Asdrubael Vect (probably a box with his Ravager), the Baron, the Duke, Lady Malys and the Decapitator, thatís a lot of characters. Then we are missing the Bomber. As much as Iíd like new plastic Grotesques other than the expensive, monopose one, Iíd still prefer some new stuff.

If they do a new DE dex, I expect some things to change, namely I think the days of less than 5 squads are over for any small-base; Iím preparing for my squad of 4 Incubi and Archon in a Venom to be over, really.

Iím not sure if I really expect it to come this year.

Oh, and no 7th edition please. I am not even finished building my DA army, my DE needs reworkingÖ

I sure hope you're wrong here. How are you gonna field your HQs in a venom based army with no units under 5? It's pretty limited as it is, in a good way I think. You have to deploy your HQ with some kind of elites or bodyguard to get him/her in a venom. You can't take troop units under five models strong. I think that's safe and sound.

But I agree grotesques need a new kit and it will most certainly be a plastic one. As well executed as the wracks are, I think it would be a bit sad to kill their current models after only four (?) years. But also I wouldn't like to see too much focus on coven a they're not my cup of tea. Regarding clampack heamie, I find the current heamonculus a far better model than the archon, so I hope we'll see an archon clampack with a more natural pose and a good selection of upgrades.

But also I hope they won't dig into characters to much. I'd much rather see a completely new unit. But an HQ on a reaver jetbike would be really nice. If bright eldar can put an exarchs and autarchs on bikes or even jet fighters DE should have some kind of option for their equivalents.

TheBearminator
07-01-2014, 20:07
Also, I want new interesting, tactical and competitive rules for walkers!

Menthak
07-01-2014, 20:23
I want a supplement I get for free that is about a page and a half apology from GW saying how sorry they are that they changed Kroot into a shooty force from a melee force. Then a half page giving me rules allowing me to play pre-6th Kroot.

MadmanMSU
07-01-2014, 21:15

Because its not optional. For casual games, sure, play however you want. Hell, play with GI Joes and Barbies for all I care. The problem I have is that in my local area, the big tournament host has decided that Escalation is legal in all tournament games. And since I don't like playing with super heavies, I'm screwed.

Mit Gas
07-01-2014, 21:57
What I want? Give Chaos proper minis (Chosen, 1k Sons, Noise Marines (maybe) and plastic CSM or let FW show some love to Slaanesh and Tzeentch) cause our basic troops are old and sucked from the start. Loyalists got enough already. Maybe a 1k Sons thing will come out with the Wolves who'll obviously get way too attention once more.

malisteen
07-01-2014, 22:02
I want a chaos drop pod, or at least new (functional) rules for the dreadclaw. I'm very optimistic: I expect to get three times as many chaos drop pods this year as the zero I got last year.

Ssilmath
07-01-2014, 22:08
I'll echo Mit Gas and Malisteen on the Chaos wishes, and add wanting a kit for basic troopers that follows the aesthetic of the Chosen from Dark Vengeance and the Raptors.

I'd like to see more terrain kits come out, particularly kits that are designed to block line of sight and Xenos terrain.

I'd like to see more modular HQ kits come out in plastic for all factions, as well as Inquisitors. I'd like to see an upgrade kit that lets you tool out IG veteran squads with Inquisitorial weapons and icons.

I'd like to see Sisters get a full plastic release.

IcedCrow
07-01-2014, 22:33
Because its not optional. For casual games, sure, play however you want. Hell, play with GI Joes and Barbies for all I care. The problem I have is that in my local area, the big tournament host has decided that Escalation is legal in all tournament games. And since I don't like playing with super heavies, I'm screwed.

That doesnt make it not optional. That makes it your group decided to use the option and you dont like it. I can say im sorry because i was in a similar boat a few years ago, where my group did nothing but power game and prep for tournies, so i found a new group.

Most tournaments i know have not used it.

Vet.Sister
08-01-2014, 13:30
What I Want; a proper Codex: Sisters of Battle/Adepta Spororitas/Witch Hunters with new models, perhaps a flyer, Fast Attack Immolators and an army list that isn't 75% useless & is meant to be fielded as a "stand alone" army.

What I Expect;
Me: 'Hey GW, do you have a new Battle Sister Codex?
GW: 'Battle... Who?'
Me: 'Battle Sisters, you know that army you've been mostly ignoring for a decade!'
GW: (shuffles thru papers making an attempt to look busy)
Me: 'You're going to screw Battle Sisters players... again! Doesn't that get old after awhile???'
GW: 'Wait! I just found it... let me see here...'
Me: 'You're actually releasing something?'
GW: 'Yes we are! And it is superb! The Nuns with Guns are back, and we've made them even hotter!'
Me: 'They already have flamers and melta guns, what did you do? add plasma guns???'
GW: 'No! Don't be silly! We made tham real lookers now, exposed alot of flesh. wink, wink... nudge, nudge! say no more, say no more!'
Me: (I wonder why I still bother?)

What I don't Want; Insistence that Battle Sisters are still some kind of 'thematic add-on'. If GW can't see how they could be a stand alone codex, Warseer's own homebrew rules forum could certainly punt them in the correct direction!

Grndhog89
08-01-2014, 13:35
The situation may be different if these were suddenly core codex rules that had to be used, but they aren't at all.

With the rumored 6.5/7th edition coming Escalation will no longer be optional.

IcedCrow
08-01-2014, 13:37
With the rumored 6.5/7th edition coming Escalation will no longer be optional.

Why are we treating a rumor like it is a 100% fact and a done deal? Unless we have seen this mythical "6.5/7th edition" and have read where Escalation is no longer optional, there is no reason to pretend that it has been made the law.

And that is also not what the rumor is. The rumor is that there will be a rulebook that has all of the supplements in it put in one book, ala a "6.5". That doesn't make the escalation rules more mandatory. There are rules in the rulebook right now for narrative campaign scenarios... those aren't mandatory. Mysterious terrain is listed as optional.

Escalation will never be mandatory. Its a type of game you can play. Or not play. Just like city fight is a type of game you can play. Or not play. Just like the narrative scenarios in the book that no one plays are types of games you can play. Or not play.

Kung Fu Hamster
08-01-2014, 13:51
Want: Xenos terrain, a Dark Eldar codex that makes Mandrakes not suck, the wargaming community as a whole to stop throwing temper tantrums and raging at every little change that gets made.

Expect: New Dark Eldar codex in late 2014, more people whining incessantly that GW has ruined everything forever (again) because Mat Ward put ketchup on a steak one time an effort to gain nerd cred on various forums.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

Spiney Norman
08-01-2014, 14:02
Why are we treating a rumor like it is a 100% fact and a done deal? Unless we have seen this mythical "6.5/7th edition" and have read where Escalation is no longer optional, there is no reason to pretend that it has been made the law.

I would imagine the reason why it is being treated as fact is because it comes from the most reliable source of rumours we have had in the last few years. Sure rumours can be wrong, but past experience tells us that 40K radio is likely to be right on the money.

Escalation will never be mandatory. Its a type of game you can play. Or not play. Just like city fight is a type of game you can play. Or not play. Just like the narrative scenarios in the book that no one plays are types of games you can play. Or not play.

In your opinion. Its pretty clear from the way the escalation book is written that it was intended to be an addition to standard 40k, not a standalone different game like apoc or planet strike.

Expect: New Dark Eldar codex in late 2014, more people whining incessantly that GW has ruined everything forever (again) because Mat Ward put ketchup on a steak one time an effort to gain nerd cred on various forums.

Don't get your hopes up, there were 12 long years between the 3rd and 5th edition Dark Eldar codexes with no love for the dark kin, colour me extremely skeptical that they would get a new book within 4 years of the last one, especially when it still works so well.

MadmanMSU
08-01-2014, 14:06
That doesnt make it not optional. That makes it your group decided to use the option and you dont like it. I can say im sorry because i was in a similar boat a few years ago, where my group did nothing but power game and prep for tournies, so i found a new group.

Most tournaments i know have not used it.

Yes, in your literal interpretation, I can always say "well, guess I won't play". That's such an awesome option. I'm so glad I can't do those things anymore!

The irony in all of this is that all of the Escalation players are the ones who are accusing the non-escalation players of "forcing them into a box", but the reality is exactly the opposite: now that escalation is out, I have to play within the "box" of escalation or be ostracized. Hypocrisy at its finest.

Thank god Malifaux exists.

Edit: And yes, sarcasm aside, I am going with the "not playing" option. I just sold off my Blood Angels. Will probably also sell off my Grey Knights. I'm not quitting 40k, I'll still keep one or two armies for fun, but I definitely hit the point of "screw it, not spending money on this anymore". I'm glad other people enjoy the direction this game is going. Really. But I don't. So I'm choosing a different path.

Sampi
08-01-2014, 14:10
What I want: A well-laid out rulebook. A stop to leafing through the book to find a rule that just references another rule on another page and so forth.

Inquisitor Kallus
08-01-2014, 14:43
Im totally with Icedcrow on this. If its so bad why not set up your own tournament?

Things I would like:

1. People to stop moaning about all the extra choice we have as hobbyists. If you want a tournament just use certain rules. If you dont like the rules then dont play or run your own. Simple.
2. To see more of the same as 2013 from rules, dataslates, expansions perspective.
3. To see some new mini codices. Stuff that could be used in 500 point games/combat patrols or kill teams. I like the idea of KT and the old CP but theyve not really been fleshed out that well.
4. New minis for said mini dexes like Arbites, GS cults, Chaos Cults, Rogue Traders, monsters etc... Look at some of the stuff FFG created for DH and the like. Theres so much amazing stuff that could be used and it could give the designers a break from the usual Tau/Marines/Orks etc and allow them more creativity.
5. I think the rules are ok as they are but an itergrated turn sequence could be cool.
6. Some nice in depth camopaign supplements
7. More minis ported over fromm metal/finecast to plastic or 'forgeworld' if the rumours are true.
8. Wargames terrain (40K) book, because it was cool and an updated version would be amazing, however unlikely it is to happen....
9. To see the Ork and Guard dexes redone with a slew of new awesome minis.
10. Something like supplements to make CSM more appealing like Khorne/Slaanesh/Nurgle/Tzeentch and the undivivded legions as well as Plastic GDs, flesh hounds, fiends, and heralds etc
11. Cool random one offs like Inquisitors, Explorator crews, Mercenaries, Bounty Hunters, civilians and the like. All the cool more backgroundy stuff that would appeal to collectors and people like me who dont just play pick up games/tournaments

Royals
08-01-2014, 14:45
I would love an FAQ/Errata for Dark Angels.

-fix the Nephilim
-fix the Land Speeder Vengeance
-give us the Stormraven
-enjoy

DeathGlam
08-01-2014, 15:33
1. GW to continue down the "narrative" route of the more options for creative players to use the better.
2. A new Dark Eldar codex, that hopefully re-inspires me with them.
3. Following on from the new DE codex we get a Harlequin Supplement.

Those 3 would make me a very happy 40k player this year.:D

malisteen
08-01-2014, 15:51
Mostly, if I'm being serious, what I really want is a cleanup of rules we already have. I like the concept of challenges, but in play they're kind of distracting and clunky, and I would like them to function better, and matter more. Same with super-heavies - I like them conceptually, but D weapons in particular I would like to see revised, as I don't find them much fun to play with or against at the moment. Similar revisions for fliers, anti-flier weapons, the ally system (maybe instead of a separate detachment in smaller games, allow the second detachment in larger games to be taken from an ally's book?), the terrian system (I'd really prefer something slightly more abstract than the tlos system, as the latter doesn't work particularly well with most GW terrain, particularly with how many factions ignore cover these days), etc.

Voss
08-01-2014, 16:10
the wargaming community as a whole to stop throwing temper tantrums and raging at every little change that gets made.

This would indeed be nice. I've actually had to track down the ignore feature and add people, since the sniveling is getting out of hand.

Also want: proper sisters launch. Codex and many, many plastic kits over a two month release.

mostlyharmless
08-01-2014, 16:58
A Chaos Space Marine supplement featuring Iron Warriors.

Grand Master Azrael
08-01-2014, 21:34
I want GW to not release a new edition until 2016 or else I probably won't buy it. I don't want to be buying new rules every second year.

barontuman
08-01-2014, 21:49
1. People to stop moaning about all the extra choice we have as hobbyists. If you want a tournament just use certain rules. If you dont like the rules then dont play or run your own. Simple.

You see, I bemoan the LACK of choices we have as gamers & hobbyists. Lets say 10 guys at a gaming store play 40k. 3 of them decide that they like the Revanant titan because it's "cool" and "fluffy" and blah, blah, blah. 3 others are new players with random stuff that they picked up off the internet to get into the hobby as cheaply as possible.

Will the new guys enjoy their games against the titans? No. Will the titan players enjoy it? One will because he's a dork who likes crushing newbies. Now, do I as a "middle ground" player build my army to try to compete against the titans, or make it playable against the new guys? Or, should I somehow try to transport 2-3 armies so that I can play a pickup game against anyone regardless of what they field? That's called "list tailoring" by some groups and is frowned upon. How does this mean that I have "extra choices"? How does inclusion of an over-powered **** allow me to field my over-costed-powered burna-boyz? What people are moaning about it the lack of game balance. Not everyone has a fixed set of close-nit like-minded gaming buddies. Some like to travel and meet new people and "take all comers". Too bad that the game system is moving further and further away from that. Now here's where someone tells me to sell off my thousands of dollars of toys, pick up a different game system, paint up new armies, and find new people to play against....

IcedCrow
09-01-2014, 00:51
We must be. Careful dont let the internet in behind you!

GrandmasterWang
09-01-2014, 07:25
Maybe the noobs would enjoy their games vs the titans?

Its not all about winning you know (noobs might still win) and titans are a hell of a spectacle!

What I want.
-More balanced rules
-More fatty big units (mmm Haruspex) Dont play tyranids but considering one
-Awesome dark eldar special characters models
-Awesome Nazdreg Bad Moon model
-New supplemental codex.
-New awesome chaos kits (Beserkers etc)
- New awesome Mephiston and Dante models

Dkoz
09-01-2014, 08:14
Same here. The only times I've had problems getting a game in is when I bring my 40K army on days where everyone else brings their Fantasy armies. I've never had anyone try to force me into a game I didn't want to play. Maybe we're in the same area?

The three of us must be in the same area, I've never had a problem getting a game I wanted and have never felt forced into a game I didn't want to play or didn't feel would be fun for me.

MaliceXR3
09-01-2014, 09:24
Want: a Death Guard supplement wouldn't go down a miss (same goes for Legions in general), other than that some spit & polish on the rules and some decent looking Plague Marines that won't cost me the best part of between £50-60 a squad would be nice (my knowledge of greenstuff is limited purely to filling gaps)

Expect: For my GW gaming to be limited to 30k exclusively as the chances of the above happening are slim to none and slim is leaving town in a hurry

Rowenstin
09-01-2014, 10:55
A Fenrisian to Low Gothic dictionary. Only two entries: Wolf and Fang.

Nkari
09-01-2014, 13:47
Necromunda!

Denny
09-01-2014, 13:57
Necromunda!

That was my wish for 2013 . . . and it came true!
The great thing with Necromunda is you can just make it yourself.

H3L!X
09-01-2014, 15:13
Books Updated to fit 6th:
Citys of Death
Planetstrike

Eldar Aspects in plastic (new sculpts)
Eldar Warpspider Phoenix

Worldwide campaign

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9000 mit Tapatalk 2

otakuzoku
09-01-2014, 20:19
new crisis suite models for the standard XV8 that look like the ones in the book

Gusthehut
13-01-2014, 19:47
Doomrider rules, Slaanesh supplement for either/or both chaos daemons and marines

This! A thousand times this.

totgeboren
13-01-2014, 19:57
I hope Orks will retain their Flash Gitz, and I hope they continue to be Nobs with big guns. Better rules for them would be pretty nice too.

I also hope they release an Eldar FAQ that reduces the range of the Serpent Shield to 18", or reduce the number of shots to D3+1, or both, or at least something to make the rules fit the background (and points cost of the vehicle). The background clearly states using it offensively is something that is only done when things are really desperate, which they are definitely not when the Serpent is 60" away...

Of course a Word Bearer supplement if I'm wishing. That we got a supplement for the only Legion that the codex works well for representing is just depressing. Any other Legion would have been better than the Black Legion (though I love the BL, they are the ones who needed the extra rules the least).

Other than that, 7ed... could improve the game soooo much.

Menthak
13-01-2014, 21:05
new crisis suite models for the standard XV8 that look like the ones in the book

Never!

WFTWG

Darnok
13-01-2014, 21:20
Why are we treating a rumor like it is a 100% fact and a done deal?

According to my informations 40K 7th is a fact, and the book is currently being printed.

Ozendorph
13-01-2014, 21:29
According to my informations 40K 7th is a fact, and the book is currently being printed.

Do you understand it to be called "7th", or is that just a convenient way of referring to it? I ask because the answer may give us some idea of how extensive any changes will be

Ssilmath
13-01-2014, 22:26

Gonna piggyback off of this, because I was thinking about it earlier today. We've got 6 codexes remaining until all are updated (Grey Knights, Imperial Guard, Orks, Dark Eldar, Space Wolves, Blood Angels), two of which were designed for 6th and so may not need an update (Necrons and Grey Knights). Blood Angels and Space Wolves can easily be done quickly with supplements, so that leave IG and Orks who really need updated. So it wouldn't surprise me in the least if 7th was at the printers for sale this summer. I could also easily see no major codex releases (Outside of maybe updating the remaining 2 and making a full on Sisters book) but lots of dataslates and/or tweaks.

But then again, I'm an apologist and look for the bright side. No telling if 7th will bring balance to the force or leave it in darkness.

nosebiter
13-01-2014, 22:33
Do you understand it to be called "7th", or is that just a convenient way of referring to it? I ask because the answer may give us some idea of how extensive any changes will be

After guard and orks, 7th will be out and invalidate all the codexes.....

sorry ill get my coat. :-)

Kung Fu Hamster
14-01-2014, 17:29

Looking at all the Tyranid threads and whining taking place, my expectations for the year are being met...

The Highlander
14-01-2014, 20:30
A guard codex that gives my sergeants back their lasguns, makes heavy weapon teams two separate models and some form of doctrines that allow me to use my airborne and assault armies in the way I original intended.

mpepperdine
14-01-2014, 20:37
A new Tyranid codex

Charistoph
14-01-2014, 21:05
Wishes:
- Sisters of Battle in plastic, no, not that plastic.
- Sisters of Battle hardback
- Supplement Space Wolves
- Supplement Blood Angels
- Supplement Black Templars
- Supplement Dark Angels
- Codex Orks
- Rogal Dorn and Sigismund from Forgeworld Heresy line
- receive winnings from the lottery to help pay for the previous line and supporting cast, and the time to build and paint.

Expect:
- more doom, gloom, and panic from Warseer.

Greyhound
15-01-2014, 00:09
2014 would deliver all I ever wanted if by December I had on my tablet:

Codex: Orks - with most units playable, and plenty of different builds fun to make (don't really care if they aren't "tournament-worthy")
- Codex Orks: Klan SnakeBites: an awesome supplement with 2-3 new characters, boarboyz, squigoths rules and clarification for MC units which act as transports... and no dakkajets allowed!
- Codex Orks: Freebootaz: a tiny change with an awesome character like badruk who would make the flash gitz viable, compulsory boarding planks on all vehicles, and a fun rule to ally them to most codex, with a tweak somehow (like if your warlord dies they suddenly have no allegiance, and their units don't count as scoring, and can't get linebreaker).
- Codex Orks: Bad Moonz, the bling supplement, giving some ork units the dearly missed ST8, and AP3 guns they lack (and which other clans shouldn't have access to).
- Codex Orks: Goffs, a stupidly brutal supplement, with no limit to 'ard boyz, extremely competitive units but maybe less fun to satisfy the tournament boyz. Don't make it too fluffy good, to allow the fluff bunnies like me to keep having fun with the less competitives other clans
- Codex Orks: Kult of Speed, a roaring supplement full of engines allowing you some FOC goodness like troop bikes, and a small buff to buggy which make them a must take (something as simple as allowing the buggies to re-boot like 'crons do, showing how the resourceful driver managed to put back his piece of junk and drive back with one hull point would be enough)
- Codex Orks: Blood Axe, a fun supplement who makes these unworthy gitz grudging allies with quite a few codex, including other Orks. No battle brothers here. Some camouflage goodness, and outflanking would also be fun.
- Codex Orks: death skulls, the looting thieves, is pretty much a fluffy dataslates with maybe a character or 2 with some fun rules allowing them to use weapons/vehicles taken from the enemy. Another idea could be to tone down the lootas in the core codex (and the whole ork internet would roar and be upset) just to bring them back to full awesomeness here for the 'skulls.
- Codex Orks: evils sunz, free red paint job on all vehicles, and the option to take trukk as dedicated transport for all units in the codex might suddenly unlock average units into very good (burnaz).
Finally: Forgeworld to do more Ork models, nothing new in ages guys, come on, more good stuff like the big trakk!

GW: I would love to spend money on supplements and codexes but you give me so little to spend on, I am stuck with converting fantasy orcs for variety!

Zingraff
15-01-2014, 08:32
I've been led to expect a new IG codex, and these are the changes I'm hoping for:
- Sergeants with lasguns
- Rough riders redesigned to be more like the DKoK Death Riders
- More versatile commissars
- New rules for vox casters (personally, I don't get why vox casters don't increase the communication range of the officer anymore, now vox casters seems to involve two guys hauling massive radios around on their backs shouting to each other)

MajorWesJanson
15-01-2014, 11:21
A guard codex that gives my sergeants back their lasguns, makes heavy weapon teams two separate models and some form of doctrines that allow me to use my airborne and assault armies in the way I original intended.

Agreed on sergeants with lasguns as an option. Make it a free swap.
HW teams as a single model is still fine by me, but I would like to see them become T5. A compromise between T7 artillery and T3 guard. And it would not affect infantry squads with heavy weapon greatly, but would make heavy weapon teams somewhat more viable.

Yes on doctrines- make them an upgrade for platoons, all models in the platoon may take them for X points a model-
Grenadiers- 4+ armor, may take 2 special weapons instead of a special and a heavy
Airborne- All units must take a Valkyrie as a Dedicated Transport
Light Infantry- 6+ armor but gain move through cover, scout, and access to Heavy Flamer as a special weapon
Feral Worlders- may swap lasguns for pistol/ccw for free- no heavy weapons in units, may take one power weapon per squad instead.

Kakapo42
15-01-2014, 11:40
WHAT I WANT:

- A fully functional time machine that transports both organic and non-organic matter, so I can take my models, paints, books, hobby supplies, paints etc., as well as other essential items, and return to 2003 to enjoy my hobby in peace in my favourite era.

- A relaunch of Battlefleet Gothic with all the previous model designs lovingly restored. Preferably in metal or plastic, but I will also settle for finecast if I must.

- You know what, a relaunch of Necromunda, Mordheim, Inquisitor, Epic, Warmaster, Blood Bowl, and the others too. Specialist Games for everyone!

- Some really in-depth campaign books that focus on conflicts with a wide range of factions, only two of which are some form of Marine.

- A full-length hard-back codex with a limited edition option for Sisters of Battle/Witch-hunters. They deserve one (I won't say new models though, but that's purely because I like the current ones so much and don't want to see them go).

- A re-release of the battle-mat. I like the Realm of Battle and the idea of buying a ready-made gaming board as much as the next guy, but I think there should be a cheaper alternative as well. That way you can get that, then use it while saving up for something a bit more substantial. Yes yes, I know you can still make one yourself on the cheap, but not all of us are that proficient in that sort of thing.

WHAT I EXPECT:

- More releases. More supplements. Business as usual really.

Spiney Norman
15-01-2014, 11:47
WHAT I WANT:

- A fully functional time machine that transports both organic and non-organic matter, so I can take my models, paints, books, hobby supplies, paints etc., as well as other essential items, and return to 2003 to enjoy my hobby in peace in my favourite era.

You know that you actually don't need a time machine to dig out an old edition and play a game from that era right?

Zingraff
15-01-2014, 11:55
WHAT I WANT:
- Some really in-depth campaign books that focus on conflicts with a wide range of factions, only two of which are some form of Marine.

ForgeWorld already does that sort of thing though. Many of the IA books contain campaign rules, campaign fluff, units, unique scenarios and so on.

Rabbitden
15-01-2014, 12:13
Codex IG to include:
/. Plastic Ogryn kit with an option to field CC versions.
/. Removal of rough riders (or convert them to Cadian bikers)
/. Addition of IG hound/beast pack with an IG Handler (this could replace the 'rough rider' entry as our hard hitting cc unit). Something that has fleet and can take the fight to the enemy and is a bit 'assaulty'
/. Plastic stormtroopers/veterans/missing tanks (the usual stuff IG generals want)
/. New flyer with bombs

toonboy78
15-01-2014, 12:17
model wise:

plastic kit for inquisitor retinue
plastic tech marine/master of the forge
plastic thunderhawk would be very nice
plastic dreadnaught drop pod

plastic aspect warriors for eldar
plastic sisters of battle

MajorWesJanson
15-01-2014, 12:59
model wise:

plastic kit for inquisitor retinue
plastic tech marine/master of the forge
plastic thunderhawk would be very nice
plastic dreadnaught drop pod

plastic aspect warriors for eldar
plastic sisters of battle

Dreadnought Drop pod is specialized enough that there is no motivation to make one in plastic. FW does one though.
Maybe a plastic Techmarine with Thunderfire cannon, and a Master of the Forge with servo-harness, conversion beamer, and 2-4 servitors with arm and gun options.

Some more to add to that list:
Plastic Necron Lords/Crypteks with wargear
Ork Flash Gitz
Dark Eldar Court models in plastic. Maybe add a few new options as well? and allow some of the court models to join other units, to encourage sales?

Spiney Norman
15-01-2014, 14:42
Dreadnought Drop pod is specialized enough that there is no motivation to make one in plastic. FW does one though.
Maybe a plastic Techmarine with Thunderfire cannon, and a Master of the Forge with servo-harness, conversion beamer, and 2-4 servitors with arm and gun options.

Some more to add to that list:
Plastic Necron Lords/Crypteks with wargear
Ork Flash Gitz
Dark Eldar Court models in plastic. Maybe add a few new options as well? and allow some of the court models to join other units, to encourage sales?

So you see the archon's court working kind of like the Necron royal courts where you can split up the specialist and have them join other units. I actually really like that idea

DeathGlam
15-01-2014, 14:47
So you see the archon's court working kind of like the Necron royal courts where you can split up the specialist and have them join other units. I actually really like that idea

I really hope they make it at least so you have the option of having just the models you want in the unit, as i love the Sslyth model and would have a squad of them protecting my Archon if i was not forced to take a Medusae & Ur--Ghul (don't mind the Lhamaean so much).

Charistoph
15-01-2014, 15:05
You know that you actually don't need a time machine to dig out an old edition and play a game from that era right?

Yeah, you just need someone else willing to play it...

havik110
15-01-2014, 16:50
I want 7th...they boosted shooting and neutered CC...

we need to fix cc...

1st- bring back consolidation into enemy units after cc...if you keep your units close together I should have a chance to rip into them after cc...but It shouldnt be guaranteed...roll a d6 on a 6 (there would be modifiers) you can attempt to charge the other unit (obviously you cant start swinging right there but you can at least get locked into cc)

2nd- bring back assault off of reserves, the change basically says, free cookies for anyone who wants to castle...it is disgusting that a shooting army can sit in a corner or a parking lot and have no worry of assault for 2 turns in most cases...genestealers, anything coming out of a portal, if it could happen in 5th bring it back...now I think it needs to go further than that. I want to be able to assault off of deepstrike too...once again you roll a d6 and on a 6 (with modifiers) you can assault...if people are able to shoot off of a deepstrike they are probably composed enough to assault...change 6ths awful assault out of vehicle rules back to 5th

3rd- LOSE COVER SAVES and Bring back modifiers...asnd I want modifiers for lots of things, shooting at max range -2, shooting at more than 1/2 range -1, 1/2 range no modifiers...twin linked is no longer reroll, its +1 to hit...shooting at a heavy tank like a land raider, lemun russ, or monolyth +2...shooting at a normal tank +1 (falcons, rhinos, raiders)...vehical or unit doesnt move +2 to hit in both CC and shooting, unit moves no modifier, tank moves combat speed no modifier, a tank moves flat out -1 to hit, a skimmer that isnt fast moves flat out -2, a fast skimmer moves flat out -3...(a dark eldar raider moving 12 then 18 inches is going to be more difficult to hit than a land raider moving) stealth is minus 2, shrouded is minus 3...you always hit on 6s...modifiers can be used to hit on 2s in CC, 1s always fail...TL DR, if you go fast its hard to hit you

4th- I like hull points but glances need to change...if you glance you need a 6 to remove a hull point ap2 adds +1, ap1 adds +2 to your roll...ap- subtracts 1 from your roll...

5th- smash is only 1 attack ever not 1/2 round up...if you are attempting to smash you are going with all your strength for 1 hit...since you are giving up attacks +1 to hit...

6th- intercept is another roll for, its not a given...1d6 and on a 6 you can shoot...there will be modifiers for this, you still need to hit...if you choose to intercept you forgo your next shooting phase...

7th- StrD in non apoc games is Str10 AP1 D6 wounds D3+2 Hull points...they are -2 on invuln save rolls...at the same time a time, StD weapons are mounted on chassis that have a hard time targeting anything within a certain range of them...i think D weapons cant target with in 18 inches of themselves because they risk hitting themselves...

8th- based on a specific rule in the nids book i think partials are coming back for templates which is a good thing...flamer hits everything under the template...blasts and torrents roll and roll -1 for partials to hit, models fully under a template are +3 to hit (obviously when i say models i mean its base, a DE bike is easier to hit than an eldar bike because its base is smaller, same with a demon prince with wings, if i cover the base i have a hit)...all other to hit roll modifiers work for this too, it is hard to hit an eldar bike going full speed with a leman russ battle cannon

I wont even go into how i think every codex needs to be repointed with space marines as the standard...figure out how much a tactical marine costs and then build the cost of every model based on him..

misterboff
15-01-2014, 19:59
Is the DE codex actually rumoured for this year, or is it just wishlisting/guesswork? As others have said, not having to take all of the court would be nice. The background mentions someone sending in loads of Ur-Ghuls, so as a unit of there own (and/or more aliens/beasts) would be nice. I can see Vect being an extra in a new dual vehicle kit with his pimped out Raider plus something new (maybe a Ravager style vehicle with one big gun).

As an Ork player, my main wish is for a good Codex, and lots of lovely new models that are financially affordable (with Ork HQ units being on 40mm bases, I'm expecting SM or higher priced clampacks though). I also want a real SoB Codex and lots of plastics for my wife.

Kakapo42
15-01-2014, 22:07

Oh yes, in fact even now I'm coveting some old rulebooks I recently discovered in a local second-hand bookstore. But that's only a small (and not as important in my eyes) part of that whole era that I want to return to. I don't want to return to it because I liked the rules. I want to return to it because I liked everything else about it. I liked the models of that era, I loved the army book design (design, not necessarily rules) from that era, and the background as well. I miss the old GW website that was packed full of useful articles. I miss the Specialist Games. And perhaps most of all I miss the atmosphere that that era had, where units weren't considered universally 'unplayable' or 'garbage' (they might be on an individual basis, but there wasn't as much near-universal consensus). Where it seemed like the story behind the game and inventiveness was the main ideal. If that makes sense.

Then again that could just be the nostalgia talking. But I still love and miss the models from that era. And the books. And ready access to Specialist Games models. Hence my desire for a working flux capacitor.

EDIT: Oh and the world-wide events. Can't forget those.

IcedAnimals
15-01-2014, 23:26
A sisters of battle codex and model release. Preferably launched at the same time as the Prospero heresy book that has the sisters of silence in it.

Malachi
15-01-2014, 23:57
3rd- LOSE COVER SAVES and Bring back modifiers...

As a DA player whose main opponent is Orks I really agree with this, I'm sick of receiving next to no benefit from cover while the main weakness of cheaper troops is mitigated by cover saves. The same could be said for snap fire. Why can't it be a -2 to hit, rather than guaranteed 6+ (which doesn't affect all units equally).

That said, I think Havik has gone too far with the modifiers: I for one don't want to see a return to 2nd ed. madness. I understand that GW doesn't want to have modifiers in 40K (they've clearly gone out of their way to avoid them), but there has to be a middle ground where elite units receive some form of benefit from cover and their expensive higher BS.

I'd also like to see a small bump to CC, though allowing assaults from reserve is probably not the way to do it, not when so many codexes have come out operating under the design assumption that units shouldn't be able to assault from reserve. Allowing victorious units to consolidate into enemy units (without the benefit of charging and being snap fired at) may be the way to do it.

Tarax
16-01-2014, 09:22
4th- I like hull points but glances need to change...if you glance you need a 6 to remove a hull point ap2 adds +1, ap1 adds +2 to your roll...ap- subtracts 1 from your roll...

Or they could use another method, like a reverse armour save roll. The shooter has to roll and compare it to the AP of the weapon. If you roll equal or higher, you score a glance, if not, you do not. So a Lascannon will score on 2+, while a Heavy Bolter will on 4+ and a Shuriken Cannon on a 6+ (unless Bladestorm).

havik110
16-01-2014, 13:27
Wracks are an infantry squad that can be made troops, and the leader has a bunch of wargear without model representation, wargear that is also used on the haemonculus. Grotesques are larger and missing a decent number of options, and would make a good terminator sized 5-man kit.

I would love to see the Dais of Destruction be made into a heavy catamaran looking vehicle, larger than the Raider/ravager but smaller than the FW Tantalus. Give it 4 guns to the Ravager's three, and 20 passenger capacity, like a Dark Eldar version of the Land Raider. AV12 or so. And add parts for Vect.

how is it smaller than the tantalus but can transport more people than the tantalus?

if we are going the DE fixing route well here goes...

Let me put my archon on a bike or skyboard, same with my hemos and arcites (they are not succubuses, succubuses lead squads of wyches, stop making up names GW )

Make the decapitator an upgrade character to the Mandrakes, drop his points by 100 and, allow you to take 20 mandrakes and boom instantly sell a squad of mandrakes to every DE player in the game...(he would allow them to shoot and split fire from the get go)

Blood brides need to be able to take wych weapons 1 per 2 and special weapons 1 per 2...5 hydra gauntlets and 5 poison blades (think a marines vet squad, they can all take special weapons, stop screwing xenos (yes i know eldar and tau are OP))

Give trueborn access to more weapons (dissys, destructors (liquifiers), carbines for free) and give them a better armor save (4+ like an aspect warrior) and for god sake if the guardians of craftworld eldar shoot at BS4 give our elites BS5...they are eldar that actually fight non stop...

Give wyches assault after running, like CWE have shoot after running...

Scourges need 4 HWs per 5, not 2 per 5...I do not need a scourge squad to be more expensive than a devistator squad, give them the same weapon choice as the trueborn...they also need a points drop

Give wyches back blasters (wont even say incubi, that one I can let go)

I want the talos to be fast, or give us a way to get it into combat, tow it with a raider or drop it from a bomber, also it isnt t8 like the Wraithlord so give it a little more survivability or drop its price

Give beast packs an MC or even a flying MC, looking at a giant pteranodon...

Give us a Bigger hemo construct that can compare with the wraithknight...

Keep only poison and lance weaponry, maybe haywire cannons, we dont need scatter lasers

night shield adds to cover on top of 6 inches, same with flickerfields

Be able to assault out of the portal

havik110
16-01-2014, 14:02
As a DA player whose main opponent is Orks I really agree with this, I'm sick of receiving next to no benefit from cover while the main weakness of cheaper troops is mitigated by cover saves. The same could be said for snap fire. Why can't it be a -2 to hit, rather than guaranteed 6+ (which doesn't affect all units equally).

That said, I think Havik has gone too far with the modifiers: I for one don't want to see a return to 2nd ed. madness. I understand that GW doesn't want to have modifiers in 40K (they've clearly gone out of their way to avoid them), but there has to be a middle ground where elite units receive some form of benefit from cover and their expensive higher BS.

I'd also like to see a small bump to CC, though allowing assaults from reserve is probably not the way to do it, not when so many codexes have come out operating under the design assumption that units shouldn't be able to assault from reserve. Allowing victorious units to consolidate into enemy units (without the benefit of charging and being snap fired at) may be the way to do it.

what maddness?

Dark eldar player A is shooting at Marine player B.
Player A has a Dark lance with BS4, he normally hits on a 3. the he is shooting at a Land raider 24 inches away -1 (now hitting on a 4), it did not move last turn +1 (hitting on a 3), it is a heavy tank +2 (hitting on a 2+, no reroll since he is not BS5)....
Player B is shooting his lascannon with a BS4 devistator at Player A's Raider, he normally hits on 3, the raider is 18 inches away +1 (2 to hit) it moved flat out last turn -2 (4 to hit), it is partially hidden by cover -1 (5 to hit)
yeah I put down a lot of options but anyone who plays fantasy can do this crap in a second...

Menthak
16-01-2014, 19:15
what maddness?

Dark eldar player A is shooting at Marine player B.
Player A has a Dark lance with BS4, he normally hits on a 3. the he is shooting at a Land raider 24 inches away -1 (now hitting on a 4), it did not move last turn +1 (hitting on a 3), it is a heavy tank +2 (hitting on a 2+, no reroll since he is not BS5)....
Player B is shooting his lascannon with a BS4 devistator at Player A's Raider, he normally hits on 3, the raider is 18 inches away +1 (2 to hit) it moved flat out last turn -2 (4 to hit), it is partially hidden by cover -1 (5 to hit)
yeah I put down a lot of options but anyone who plays fantasy can do this crap in a second...

Have to agree with this, I've played fantasy maybe four or five times, but once the rules had been explained it was a case of using dice as markers and figuring out calculations. Not hard, just requires a bit more time. But I think that's why GW doesn't want to do it, as younger players/new players might have a bit of trouble with it.

Malachi
16-01-2014, 19:50
The problem with a mechanic like that is you end up with so many variables affecting it (distances, moving, cover, special rules etc.), you're modifying a dice roll four or more times before you roll the dice, which just slows things down, and 40K is a slow enough game as is.

I dont' think it has anything to do with young or new players (there's plenty of mystifying rules idiosyncracies out there already), I think it was about streamlining the game. Anyone who actually played 2nd ed. will remember how long the games could take and how many calculations, measurements and squibbiles could result from the almost RPG combat mechanics. That was clearly what GW was trying to avoid when they streamlined 3rd ed. Now it's not hard to argue they went too far with 3rd, which is why we've seen a progression of editions slowly bringing more complexity and nuance the game, but I think we've reached a point were the basic game mechanics are being overburdened with variations that lead to inequity - Snap Fire and Cover Saves being key examples.

Do I want a return to Fantasy/2nd ed. calculations and modifiers? No, it takes too long and can be a pain in the ****, but I lack the imagination to solve the inequity I outline above without using modifiers.

Anyway, this is supposed to be a thread about what we want in 2014, not a mechanics discussion wrapped in a history lesson. With that said, I'd also like to see some kind of DA supplement, mainly because I want our masonic, knightly background to be explored more deeply - the 'circle knight' references in the HH novels were a start but barely scratched the surface and our codex--while an immense improvement on previous outings--felt a little shallow in developing unique character. Problem is you can easily field a Deathwing or Ravenwing force now, so I don't really know what rules/units a supplement would focus on. Thoughts?

Rowenstin
16-01-2014, 21:10
what maddness?

I played 2nd. The math certainly wasn't difficult, but it was tedious when some of the models in the unit were at half range and some wasn't, and part of the target unit was in cover and part wasn't. The different range modifiers on weapons and things like targeting systems (+1 BS) didn't help either.

Tarax
17-01-2014, 10:01
Do I want a return to Fantasy/2nd ed. calculations and modifiers? No, it takes too long and can be a pain in the ****, but I lack the imagination to solve the inequity I outline above without using modifiers.

The problem wasn't so much in the duration of the turn, but in the scale of the battle. 2nd edition was much more a skirmish game. Since 3rd edition it turned more into a battle game. This transition needed simplified ruled, because you used more models (the biggest reason for the transition) you needed less complication to get a game done in the same amount of time.

totgeboren
17-01-2014, 10:29
I understand that GW doesn't want to have modifiers in 40K (they've clearly gone out of their way to avoid them), but there has to be a middle ground where elite units receive some form of benefit from cover and their expensive higher BS.

Personally I don't see why cover saves can't be allowed in addition to the armour-or-inv save?

I remember back in 2ed where a model could have lots of stacked saves, but GW have already allowed stacked saves in the form of vehicle cover. Vehicles used to have their AV and damage table instead of T and Saves. That's why they could only get glanced if behind cover back in the days. But now they get both their T and Save equivalent and cover saves on top. If normal models got cover saves as a separate save from their armour/inv save, units like Aspect Warriors and marines (of course) would actually benefit from using the terrain tactically.

It's always annoying and counter-intuitive when my friend tries to hide his Zoathrope behind ruins, and then we realise that it wont make one bit of difference if I have a clear line of sight or can just see a part of the model.

The current system also takes away a bit of the cinematic feel, in that marines and similar seldom benefit from cover, even though they are supposed to be really awesome soldiers. Incidentally this would also buff cannon-fodder units like gaunts and cultists, since they could help soak damage for their heavily armoured comrades and not behave as if they were not even there most of the time.

ORicK
17-01-2014, 12:04
A decent Ork Codex, and that's it really...:)

And, unlike some people, i want Orks to be able to both shoot and assault.
And assault should be an option for orks, not the goal.

I did Always, since 1st edition, prefer the Ork army that can, above all, shoot.

havik110
17-01-2014, 12:59
The problem with a mechanic like that is you end up with so many variables affecting it (distances, moving, cover, special rules etc.), you're modifying a dice roll four or more times before you roll the dice, which just slows things down, and 40K is a slow enough game as is.

I dont' think it has anything to do with young or new players (there's plenty of mystifying rules idiosyncracies out there already), I think it was about streamlining the game. Anyone who actually played 2nd ed. will remember how long the games could take and how many calculations, measurements and squibbiles could result from the almost RPG combat mechanics. That was clearly what GW was trying to avoid when they streamlined 3rd ed. Now it's not hard to argue they went too far with 3rd, which is why we've seen a progression of editions slowly bringing more complexity and nuance the game, but I think we've reached a point were the basic game mechanics are being overburdened with variations that lead to inequity - Snap Fire and Cover Saves being key examples.

Anyway, this is supposed to be a thread about what we want in 2014, not a mechanics discussion wrapped in a history lesson. With that said, I'd also like to see some kind of DA supplement, mainly because I want our masonic, knightly background to be explored more deeply - the 'circle knight' references in the HH novels were a start but barely scratched the surface and our codex--while an immense improvement on previous outings--felt a little shallow in developing unique character. Problem is you can easily field a Deathwing or Ravenwing force now, so I don't really know what rules/units a supplement would focus on. Thoughts?

that was only for shooting...
the fact that there is no difference between shooting a tank and a swarm of rippers is beyond stupid...
the fact that they changed the 4th edition rule that made you take a leadership test before you shot at something closer to you is also stupid...lets face it, if you were an imperial guardsman and a unit of gaunts was 6 inches away from you, you are not going to listen to the junior officer telling you to shoot at something 24 inches away...
this game is a very shooting oriented game, especially when you compare it to fantasy, so why not make that part of the game more realistic?

my father-in-law loved RT and 2nd, and stopped playing in 3rd...he still collects mostly to paint and display an army...i am not asking for the craziness that was CC in 2nd...I am just asking to stop this crap with cover saves...if I hit you I hit you, there is no magical wall of dust that deflected my lance based on the fact that I could only see part of your tank...also GW has always talked about speed being a weapon, well how about actually making it so it is a weapon...

think about the typical DE player...outside of fliers, the raider should be the fastest transport in the game, but no matter what a marine hits it on a 3...there is no difference to them shooting at a raider moving fast and a monolith moving slowly...and despite the fact that i get a 4+ jink save if I go flat out, it makes much more sense to me that I was hit fewer times if at all...10 marines shoot their bolters at a raider...they are 16 inches away -1, the raider moved flat out -2, the raider is partial hidden by cover -1 (but this isnt fantasy, you always hit on a 6 so we dont have to bother with it) that isnt a lot of math, especially if you can learn all the other crap involved in this game...

I played 2nd. The math certainly wasn't difficult, but it was tedious when some of the models in the unit were at half range and some wasn't, and part of the target unit was in cover and part wasn't. The different range modifiers on weapons and things like targeting systems (+1 BS) didn't help either.
Im not calling for a return to 2nd...Im not calling for the removal of the AP system and bringing back the shuriken -2 to armor save and boosting range...I am just trying to fix what i see as a broken shooting phase...in the CC phase you dont get attacks based off your own static WS, its your weapon skill vs your opponents weapon skill...that works...but there is nothing like that in the shooting phase which leads to the examples i have given, where shooting at a swarm of rippers is the same as shooting at a monolith...this is a dumb system...

Sophet Drahas
17-01-2014, 13:44
Wants:
- Tyranid supplements that focus on swarm/melee/synapse. I want to be able to run a balanced close combat army.
- 6.5 edition if it fixes some of the close combat issues with 6th edition.
- more super heavies and defense lines/emplacements for armies that don't have them
- chaos legion supplements
- dark Eldar void raven bomber
- daemons god specific supplements so I can run a mono-khorne or mono-slaanesh army.
- more time to work on my hobbies.

Don't want:
- sisters of battle. I like the metal minis and still want to buy these but just blew my budget for the year on new Nids.
- price hikes
- electronic only rules. Published rule updates should be released in print at the same time as anything electronic so it's available to everyone at the same time. If the dataslates are small, print them like the cards and sell at the same price point as the electronic version.

Expect:
- more attempts by GW to monotize everything they can.
- more marines
- people will find the Tyranid codex is not as bad as initially bemoaned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Still Standing
17-01-2014, 17:18
All I want is a real Sisters of Battle release. I wouldn't care if GW released nothing else all year...

Scribe of Khorne
17-01-2014, 17:50
A decent CSM rule set.

Flame Boy
17-01-2014, 19:40
Most of all, I guess I want a nice shiny new Ork Codex.

I don't want the pendulum to swing the other way and make the assault phase the be-all and end-all for Orks, since I like the idea of a hilarious wall of bullets for my Blood Axes.

I'd love some spiffy new models for Mega armour and Ork buggies.

I'd really like to be able to field Deff Dread mobs and bigger hordes of Killa Kanz. It wouldn't exactly break the metagame with Leman Russ squadrons, masses of light anti-vehicle weapons pressed into anti-air duties, They would probably go off like popcorn, but I really, really love Ork Walkers since the current kits were released. If all else fails, I can go for the Forge World army list, but I didn't want to cough up cash for the book if a new Codex would invalidate it in a year or two.

Still Standing
17-01-2014, 19:45
The Dread Mob list is available on the FW website for free.

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Downloads/Product/PDF/d/Dred_Mob.pdf

HalfBlood
17-01-2014, 21:12
I want to see orks be so broken that they can table tau.

I wanna see a single nob be able to kill a riptide in close combat.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Ultraloth
18-01-2014, 08:48
I want to see orks be so broken that they can table tau.

Nice to see that your biggest wish for the game is for it to be challenging and fun for both opponents.

My regular opponent plays Tau. I've played many a game against him with my Ork army (other times I play Space Marines.) During 5th he lost every single battle. This might also be because his army composition was sub optimal, but the state of his codex didn't help. As we all know first 6th ed. and than the new codex really gave Tau a boost. I really don't begrudge him the fact that his army is now very powerfull, while me ork army is falling behind. The last thing I want is for a new Ork codex to crush Tau every single time. That wouldn't help our mutual enjoyment of the game.

HalfBlood
18-01-2014, 08:51
Thanks I'm all about the balance

Ultraloth
18-01-2014, 09:06
@havik110: the shooting fase isn't broken. You don't like the abstractions they've made, but that's very subjective. When 3rd ed came out I had some initial misgivings about oversimplification, lack of options and less telling differences in characteristics between models. Once I realized that the game had become much quiker, could handle larger armies better and that differences between models still had an in game effect, I never looked back. I like that they brought back overwatch in a way in 6th, but I really don't want them to bring back all those time consuming modifiers.

Tarax
18-01-2014, 10:19

That's easy to achieve: Riptide stats are max T6, max W4, best Sv 3+. That better? I like it ;)

havik110
18-01-2014, 15:21
@havik110: the shooting fase isn't broken. You don't like the abstractions they've made, but that's very subjective. When 3rd ed came out I had some initial misgivings about oversimplification, lack of options and less telling differences in characteristics between models. Once I realized that the game had become much quiker, could handle larger armies better and that differences between models still had an in game effect, I never looked back. I like that they brought back overwatch in a way in 6th, but I really don't want them to bring back all those time consuming modifiers.

they aren't time consuming. No one in fantasy bats an eye doing their shooting modifiers. Why are 40k players so worried.

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Tapatalk

Ssilmath
18-01-2014, 15:40
they aren't time consuming. No one in fantasy bats an eye doing their shooting modifiers. Why are 40k players so worried.

For one, I do more shooting in a single shooting phase with my Guard than you're likely to see in an entire game of Fantasy.

For another, I've played Battletech which is all about guns and modifiers. It does take some time to calculate, even for veteran players. You also get situations where the first 4 or so turns are more or less meaningless save for a lucky hit now and then. Leave the fine detail modifiers to RPG's and skirmish games where they belong.

Spiney Norman
18-01-2014, 19:09
For one, I do more shooting in a single shooting phase with my Guard than you're likely to see in an entire game of Fantasy.

For another, I've played Battletech which is all about guns and modifiers. It does take some time to calculate, even for veteran players. You also get situations where the first 4 or so turns are more or less meaningless save for a lucky hit now and then. Leave the fine detail modifiers to RPG's and skirmish games where they belong.

The thing is, we do calculate the 40k version of shooting modifiers all the time, we have our half range modifier on rapid fire weapons that lets us shoot twice at short range, and we have our 'cover' modifier, which is typically calculated by the opponent who is receiving the shots when he rolls his cover saves, and the move-and-shoot modifier that forces us to snap-shot with our heavy weapons.

The idea that we should over-nerf shooting by adding shooting modifiers on top of the mechanics that already represent it being harder to kill things that are further away or in cover or while shooting on the move is just silliness IMHO.

bhusus
18-01-2014, 19:48
GW to finally realize that they can't keep treating their customers like they don't exist once they've bought a new release; a slap in the face via the market hopefully teaches them this lesson instead of causing them to do more of the same and tank themselves. For instance - 3 tyranid dataslates for sale AFTER the Codex comes out, one of them dealing with 2 of the significantly less useful miniatures from the Codex (Lictors, Genestealers), possibly making them useful. Why not just make better Codex entries in the first place?

GW to throw us a bone every once in awhile - the $2-$5 one miniature rules? I like that they make obsolete miniatures usable again...except that it now sets the trend to allow more characters to get removed from a Codex, and then sell their rulesets shortly afterward. Its just becoming a blatant money grab.

Voss
18-01-2014, 19:53
GW to finally realize that they can't keep treating their customers like they don't exist once they've bought a new release; a slap in the face via the market hopefully teaches them this lesson instead of causing them to do more of the same and tank themselves. For instance - 3 tyranid dataslates for sale AFTER the Codex comes out, one of them dealing with 2 of the significantly less useful miniatures from the Codex (Lictors, Genestealers), possibly making them useful. Why not just make better Codex entries in the first place?

GW to throw us a bone every once in awhile - the $2-$5 one miniature rules? I like that they make obsolete miniatures usable again...except that it now sets the trend to allow more characters to get removed from a Codex, and then sell their rulesets shortly afterward. Its just becoming a blatant money grab.

Your reasoning seems shaky. By your logic, deathleaper (as one of the major focus points of the first data slate) would not be in the Codex. And yet, there it is. As is the Red Terror (making a return) and Old One Eye.

bhusus
18-01-2014, 20:02
Your reasoning seems shaky. By your logic, deathleaper (as one of the major focus points of the first data slate) would not be in the Codex. And yet, there it is. As is the Red Terror (making a return) and Old One Eye.

You realize that Doom of Malantai and Parasite of Mortrex are no longer there, right? From what I've heard this was for IP concerns, however I wouldn't be surprised if they were released later with new rules for purchase.

Edit: As for your mention of Red Terror - that's the kinda bone I WOULD like them to keep throwing to us - my bad for not using THAT as an example.

Voss
18-01-2014, 20:11
You realize that Doom of Malantai and Parasite of Mortrex are no longer there, right? From what I've heard this was for IP concerns, however I wouldn't be surprised if they were released later with new rules for purchase.

Edit: As for your mention of Red Terror - that's the kinda bone I WOULD like them to keep throwing to us - my bad for not using THAT as an example.

I do in fact realize they aren't there. Given that they also don't have models, and new models have _yet_ to accompany a data slate or other digital release, I don't see magically appearing dooms or parasites all that likely. I certainly don't see any reason to complain about it when it hasn't actually happened.

Your central premise was just strange. Continuing to release tyranid products after the codex is the exact opposite of forgetting the customers exist, and there is nothing to indicate that they're doing what you fear.

bhusus
18-01-2014, 20:40
I do in fact realize they aren't there. Given that they also don't have models, and new models have _yet_ to accompany a data slate or other digital release, I don't see magically appearing dooms or parasites all that likely. I certainly don't see any reason to complain about it when it hasn't actually happened.

Your central premise was just strange. Continuing to release tyranid products after the codex is the exact opposite of forgetting the customers exist, and there is nothing to indicate that they're doing what you fear.

Off the top of my head, I think Belakor comes to mind for WFB - was back in the SOC book, then the armies for that campaign were all invalidated, so too bad for whoever bought the mini - still useful a daemon prince however - and still pretty - but now Belakor's back - you just have to buy his rules...again. I do see potential for this happening in the future - I admit, it may be a bit...paranoid (seems too strong of a word).

My concern regarding the dataslate for genestealers and lictors is that the new rules contained therein will make them more viable than the Codex did - so why would these rules not simply have been included in the Codex that I already bought? It just seems too convenient that miniatures with poor (or more accurately, barely changed, rules) were released in a Codex to be followed by a "supplement" - also for purchase - with the rules changes they should already have had.

Edit: PM me if you wish to continue this discussion - I wasn't planning on hijacking the thread and I feel like I just did.

Slayer-Fan123
18-01-2014, 22:15
I'm not sure why people care about Sisters Of Battle so much. They're so unappealing that we might ad well focus on the better and cooler armies.

I for one think that a Necrons supplement would be neat (hopefully one that focuses on Destroyers and their Lords), and I'd like to see more of those for CSM's for the other legions or factions (Red Corsairs could use quite a boost in my opinion).
I'd also like to see supplements focusing on the less famous Space Marine chapters rolled up into one thing (kinda like Forge World's set of CT's and special characters, but in a fancy book and has the GW stamp and therefore shuts up anti-Forge World kiddies).

I'd like to see Orks and IG get their codices soon. I have enough faith that they'll do this though, so I'm expecting it.

Ultraloth
18-01-2014, 22:41

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Tapatalk

I've been playing fantasy longer than I've been playing 40k. Shooting in that game is hardly significant, so your comparison is flawed.

On top of that I play infinity, which has far more complicated rules than 40k. Which I love...... in a skirmish game. Not so much in a battle game involving tens or hundreds of models.

otakuzoku
18-01-2014, 22:47
a 40k skermish with good rules and competitive play baced around elites. and fast paced. what will i get not that.

Imperialis_Dominatus
19-01-2014, 06:32
What I want:

GW to embrace digital and make minor (or major in the case of egregious **** like Heldrakes and Riptides) balancing tweaks to units, available with proof of purchase of a hard copy or purchase of digital copy.

Supplements for all sorts of things, but principally Chaos Legions because they're my baby.

For there not to be a 7th edition, as I haven't gotten a game of 6th in yet and it really seems rather sudden.

For rules developers to look at the models in development, think to themselves, "hmm, what role does this army need filled?" and either try to fit the new unit in it or be brave and rethink how an old unit works in order to fix it (Possessed are particularly indicative of a total lack of introspection- like Chaos needs another infantry unit trying to crawl up the field and get in melee where they might be able to fight their way through a wet tissue... in the Elites slot alone).

What I expect:

Some loyalist Codex or another, with gimmicky stupid rules, a new unit that doesn't get used due to being useless, and a unit that becomes ubiquitous for being game-breaking (I suppose that really such a unit would be crawling around in the shards of the game at this point).

Further getting gouged for being in the hobby with indecent price hikes on top of already insane prices, with so many undercooked stories and supplements about things I'm interested in I won't be able to keep up... and just like last year, I'll essentially be priced out of buying things hobby related because I don't have a focus and I don't have the cash. Congratulations, GW, you gained... zero dollars. Was that in your business plan?

To continue working on various fandices in lieu of doing anything hobby related because my fandices inspire me to work on them as rulebooks more than my Codex inspires me to work on my army.

bhusus
19-01-2014, 15:12
Further getting gouged for being in the hobby with indecent price hikes on top of already insane prices, with so many undercooked stories and supplements about things I'm interested in I won't be able to keep up... and just like last year, I'll essentially be priced out of buying things hobby related because I don't have a focus and I don't have the cash. Congratulations, GW, you gained... zero dollars. Was that in your business plan?

Its funny how that happens, isn't it? I collect 6 armies currently (3FB, 3 40K) and the only real purchases I made all year were 2 second hand armies, a lot of green stuff, milliput and plasticard, and from GW themselves, a few army box sets. I basically feel like I have to learn how to sculpt, scratchbuild, convert and cast just to be able to afford to play the game anymore. The great thing is I'll have learned a whole bunch of new skills - the bad news is, it kills my interest in the game - kinda leaves me in a paralyzing position.

So what do I want more than anything else? Lower prices - that's it.

Ultraloth
19-01-2014, 20:31
Its funny how that happens, isn't it? I collect 6 armies currently (3FB, 3 40K) and the only real purchases I made all year were 2 second hand armies, a lot of green stuff, milliput and plasticard, and from GW themselves, a few army box sets. I basically feel like I have to learn how to sculpt, scratchbuild, convert and cast just to be able to afford to play the game anymore. The great thing is I'll have learned a whole bunch of new skills - the bad news is, it kills my interest in the game - kinda leaves me in a paralyzing position.

So what do I want more than anything else? Lower prices - that's it.

You could also crank back the number of armies you play/collect. That's what I did. (Granted it got cut down to four armies for each system, which still isn't that limiting, but the principle holds.)

Dervos
19-01-2014, 20:54
More new codexes, I really like the look of the new hardbacks we've been getting even though I can't really get them spiral bound any more for ease of access(they're just to pretty to shave off the bind like that)

AngryAngel
19-01-2014, 21:57
What I want, a good new Guard Codex to keep me all pleased as punch. What we'll get, probably things that make you go huh ? As well as much rage and things that really make you go wtf. Just like every year.

bhusus
19-01-2014, 23:52
You could also crank back the number of armies you play/collect. That's what I did. (Granted it got cut down to four armies for each system, which still isn't that limiting, but the principle holds.)

Thing is, beyond money, I've sunk an insane amount of time into each army, customizing units down to individual models, even on armies where it serves no purpose other than for my personal hobby interests. No amount of money (hyperbole) can make up for that time; that being said I don't see myself expanding the armies much anymore than "necessary" and I don't plan on starting anything new unless I somehow find a way to sculpt or scratchbuild to some of the amazing work I've seen on here. Sort of what you suggest but in reverse - my original goal was to collect a small amount of each army from each system (well I was gonna split them with my brother), but I don't see that being possible anymore.

Fizzy
20-01-2014, 01:25
Only Orks. Only interesting army left in 40K for me.

hobojebus
20-01-2014, 18:27
I want universal price drops, I want an end to multi unit kits I'd much rather just buy five necron immortals for £10 than five for 20 and have bits left over.

I want it to be about the hobby again and not about gouging money out of us at every opportunity.

A pipe dream for sure but you can dream.