PDA

View Full Version : Space Marine Collector's Guide

Glenn87
07-01-2014, 10:15
I've got a copy of the old Space Marine Collectors Guide here, but have recently seen that there is a 2nd edition (remake) copy of it...

Does anyone know it this is really true, and are there alot of extra things in the remake?

Bob Arctor
07-01-2014, 16:38
Yes there was a second edition released a year or two later, and then a 3rd edition some time after that.

I only have the first two. The main reasons for the later versions were to incorporate models released in the intervening years (since they were mainly catalogues after all) and take out any models that were no longer on sale. They also had different featured armies and some of the older Golden Daemon winners and suchlike were replaced with more recent ones.

Glenn87
08-01-2014, 22:29
ow, too bad they took models out. I have the first edition, and as a SM collector, it really is my holy tome (altough I did notice some models missing).

Bob Arctor
09-01-2014, 02:18
Yeah not everything made it into the first one, and when models went off sale there wasn't any point keeping them in (I don't think much was taken out though).

If you are only interested in the really old models (RT era stuff) then you don't really need the later collectors guides and are better off searching for the late 80's/early 90's catalogues instead.

T-sons
09-01-2014, 03:13
Accidental post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)