PDA

View Full Version : Best Model Range Part 2

Minigiant
09-01-2014, 22:54
So im curious what people think is the best aesthetically pleasing army available to all us WFB players including Warhammer forge

Unlike last time; this time i have dropped the bottom 5 votes from part 1 (http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?387168-Best-Model-Range) to now see how the elf races etc stack up individually

Samitte
09-01-2014, 23:11
I voted for the Vamps, the horrible (in a good way) I think their model range catches the essence of the army so well, I can just see the Mortis Engine pulsing across the battlefield with dark power, or the Corpse Cart slowly trodding forwards with a writhing mass of bloated corpses on top. Love it!

Glenn87
09-01-2014, 23:44
Voted for VC too, as their last batch of models was just AWESOME!!!
The Black Knights, Coven Throne and Zombie Dragon Kit are just awesome, as are their Plastic Characters (the Banshee and Wraith are just epic...)
Their kits from the previous edition (Skeletons and Grave Guard) are beautifull too, as are alot of the older models (the Black Coach is beautifull, too bad it's rules aren't that good).

They could see a few more things improved tough:
* New Zombies, as they're...really old :p
* Generic Vampire models. I really miss this currently. I've had the army in 6th, when you had the 5 different Bloodlines, asd loads of different Vampire sculpts per Bloodline. Right now there's the guy with one wing (*****?), the chick, and the Von Carnsteins. A normal Vampire sculpt would be awesome!!

Kakapo42
10-01-2014, 00:42
Wood Elves for me, hands down. There are only three models in the entire range that I'm not head over heels for (the female mages and the eagle noble), and even then I still kind of like them. I'm currently madly scrambling to stockpile as much of the current range as possible before the inevitable release sees them replaced.

tezdal
10-01-2014, 03:01
I was going to vote for my beloved Brets but.... Aside from them Skaven have the best, and most unique look

Minigiant
12-01-2014, 03:22
Very surprising result so far considering the previous poll suggested one of the elves would hold majority or top spot jointly

defunct
12-01-2014, 10:21
Dark Elves.

Didn't vote for Vamps out of principle. The awful zombie kit still remains in the range. :D

nosebiter
12-01-2014, 10:36
Dark Elves.

Didn't vote for Vamps out of principle. The awful zombie kit still remains in the range. :D

If that kit was remade, i would be all over the army.

IronBranch
12-01-2014, 12:46
The cloven ones!
An army which i think is primarily played due to the awesome looking models, rather than their prowess on the table. Doombull and Minotaurs just sexy looking models, and amazingly beautiful rare choices: Jabberslythe, ghorgon and cygor (and i hear all useless on table :D) The reason i picked them up is GOATMEN!

I voted Beastmen!

lordfeint
12-01-2014, 17:51
Voted for the Rats. Even though there are many newer models out for the bulk of the other armies now, I think they did a stand up job on nearly all the new Skaven plastics, especially the Doomwheel, WLC/PC box and Bell/Furnace. Even the RnF troops and the IoB starter (Heck , ESPECIALLY the IoB starter) are great. ...esp when put aside the absolutely dreadful Dwarfs of BfSP... (loved the Pirate Cannon tho)

Wicksy
12-01-2014, 21:36
Dark elves for me and they only just out do vampire counts. GW should be commended for their models. While expensive they are superior to all other model companies in the world for rank and file. I can think of several single minis that outstrip gw stuff but for rank and file, GW excel all the way.

thormon
12-01-2014, 23:30
Wood elves for me, even though I'm a Dwarf player. The Woodies don't have ugly models, and are from just before they got over-the-top skull heavy pointy pow-wow. Although the Dwarf range that came after the woodies was ugly as an ogre.

Jind_Singh
13-01-2014, 20:21
Orcs & Goblins - still my best range hands down! No other range has such an amazing collection of models!

Since they got dropped I went with Deamons this time round as overall they have a very good range of models across the board.

hewhorocks
14-01-2014, 17:41
Voted for Dark Elves...wow those witches rock. If I had two votes I'd go Beastmen (except for Pumba and the Minotaur feet.)

Odin
14-01-2014, 18:31
I think it's got to be Dark Elves. The silly chariot is pretty much the only weak spot, and even that can be fixed by getting hold of a pair of wheels. Well, that and the Hydra, which is... eurgh. Witch Elves are awesome, cold ones, executioners... great stuff. Shadowblade is awesome.

hardyworld
14-01-2014, 22:18
You should drop the bottom 5 from this result and have a Final (Part 3) showdown. (Voted VC since my personal fav was already dropped.)

beerbeard
14-01-2014, 23:16
High Elves have the best single unit model in the game, the Dragon Princes. They have the best war machine, the beautiful bolt thrower. They have the best infantry in Phoenix Guard, and another strong contender, the White Lions. The Chariot is awesome, the flying Chariot is silly but beautiful. They have the great IoB models. All of these strengths outweigh the horribleness of the Spearman, Archers, and those dumb Silver Helm horses. HE, ftw.

Minigiant
15-01-2014, 03:01
You should drop the bottom 5 from this result and have a Final (Part 3) showdown. (Voted VC since my personal fav was already dropped.)

Good idea

Do people want to see a final showdown?

Mercutius
15-01-2014, 10:48
Good idea

Do people want to see a final showdown?

I don't think that that is a good idear. When you're favorite army is'nt to vote any more, than you vote for an army which lastly is not your favorite. In the end you don't get an objective result, the votes from the not present any more parts will falsify the result :)

Vipoid
15-01-2014, 11:24
I think Dark Elves and VCs both have good model ranges.

However, VCs also lose points because their hideous bat models were just reprinted as finecast - piano-keyboard teeth and all. So, my vote went to the Dark Elves.

Minigiant
17-01-2014, 00:32
final shootout (http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?388063-Best-Model-Range-Final-shootout) posted up, enjoy!