PDA

View Full Version : Help me choose Teclis' Spells

Knifeparty
11-01-2014, 00:17
I've finally come up with a High Elf list that I'm happy with. Now I just need to choose the 8 Spells that Teclis can pick from each of the Lores of Magic. This must be done in the list creating process so I'm trying to choose the best options available, and that works well with the rest of my army. I don't really want to just take Enfeebling foe and Dwellers below and auto win battles, but any kind of cool or dirty combination of magic spells for consideration is great.

So far, the Spells I have chosen are: Wyssans Wildform, Doom and Darkness, Flaming Sword of Rhuin, Comet of Cassandora, Regrowth, Pha's Protection, Glittering Robes, The Withering. But I'm looking for combinations that I haven't thought of.

This is the list...

The Celestial Host of the Southern Kingdoms: 3000 pts

Lords:

Teclis: General

Hero's:

Noble:
Options: Dragon Armour, Barded Steed, Battle Standard Bearer
Magic Items: Star Lance, Enchanted Shield, The Other Trickster's Shard

Core:

5 Ellyrian Reavers:
Options: Bows, Musician

5 Ellyrian Reavers:
Options: Bows, Musician

14 Archers:
Options: Light Armour

29 Sea Guard: (Teclis in this unit)
Options: Shields, Full Command

Special:

28 Swordmasters:
Options: Full Command
Standard: Banner of the World Dragon

21 Phoenix Guard:
Standard: Razor Standard

11 Dragon Princes: (Nobel in this unit)
Standard: Banner of Swiftness

Rare:

Eagle Claw Bolt Thrower

Eagle Claw Bolt Thrower

Eagle Claw Bolt Thrower

Eagle Claw Bolt Thrower

Great Eagle

Great Eagle

Great Eagle

liddan
11-01-2014, 00:46
Think Malagor is right. You select the lore but the spells themselves you should leave open since what army you're facing and what you're opponent has deployed and where can really alter what spells you want. If you're intent on playing Teclis, just take some time to get to know all the rulebook spells and lore attributes.

Knifeparty
11-01-2014, 01:11
"If you have a Wizard that is allowed to choose specific spells, you must select which spells they are at the time you pick your army." -Rulebook page 134.

Also, I have played 8th since it was released so I am familiar with the lore's and their attributes, although I haven't used all the magic lore's up until this point.

I'm just wondering if anyone has any combo ideas that they have used before.

Citadel97501
11-01-2014, 08:24
I personally like the following for Teclis, since i want him to win the game for me, I would also suggest having a 2nd wizard who takes the lore of shadows so you can also cast Miasma for further Purple Sun fun, if in certain environments.

It is very easy to force enemy units into a -2 to hit, 6's to wound, and having 3+ armor/4+ ward Phoenix Guard is just funny.

Unit Killers
Enfeebling Foe + Dwellers Below (The lore of Life spell)
Purple Sun of Xerxes

Buffs
Glittering Robes
Fiery Sword of Rhuin
Wyssans Wild Form
Pha's Protection

Hexes
Ice Shard Blizzard