PDA

View Full Version : What enemy units do you fear?

Bloodangeldante
11-01-2014, 01:37
What unit in another army scares the living daylight out of you when you see it on the board? Also does death company scare you?

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

Johnmclane
11-01-2014, 02:01
Th/ss termies. Nob bikerz fully equipped with all cheese. I don't like when stuff refuse to die!

Skickat från min GT-I9505 via Tapatalk

Nazguire
11-01-2014, 03:05
Riptides. Wraithknights. Basically the über units that GW released with no thought to balance. I find them ridiculous to deal with in any situation. The fact that a Wraithknight can be buffed by psychic powers in a way that makes them practically unkillable for all intents and purposes is ridiculous.

Panzer MkIV
11-01-2014, 03:25
Riptides and anything that carries a shuriken weapon

papabearshane
11-01-2014, 03:39
Grots there just to OP!!

There's no unit out there that wont die to my Boyz and their toyz.

PrivateLucky
11-01-2014, 04:27
I play an eldar/dark eldar jetbike army. I fear anything ap3 and ignores cover. And tau pathfinders. I hate them buggers.

Camman1984
11-01-2014, 11:58
I am a bit if a tread head so anything wielding gauss. And thosr weapons they have where every 6 to hit gets them 3 hits, makes my fliers cry.

Menthak
11-01-2014, 12:59
Terminators.

Silversage
11-01-2014, 14:53
Lootas. Every single time I've played against them they've utterly annihilated everything they've shot at. Also most guys with in-built Eternal Warrior. If they have it, there's usually a reason for it.

Dwane Diblie
11-01-2014, 15:09
I primarily play Eldar and I fear nothing. Nothing is so powerful that I can not deal with it.

From an Orks point of view I do not fear any particular unit but just the fact that I may not make it to assault with a strong enough unit.

My Necrons though, fear IG Psyker Battle Squads and the Ld reduction. So I guess that is something.

MagicHat
11-01-2014, 15:41
I have an irrational fear of all things necron, because my necron opponents can cast a curse on my dice or something.

Vipoid
11-01-2014, 16:51
With my DE:

- Mass T3 units: especially ones with anti-vehicle weapons (Tau Firewarriors, IG squads with special or heavy weapons). Only wounding on 4+ really starts to hurt against those units, and both usually have equal or better range to my anti-infantry.

- Flyers: When virtually all my anti-vehicle weapons are 1-shot, hitting on 6s is very unpleasant.

- Leman Russ squads: You'd think that some AV14 wouldn't be too much bother for an army of lances... guess again. I don't know what it is about these things - whether it's the fact that they can (and are) taken in squads, whether it's their considerable firepower, or something else. But, they just seem to excel at both obliterating my army and surviving everything I throw at them.

- Wave Serpents: It's their ludicrous shields that does it. As long as their shields are up, they can only by destroyed by removing their hull points, and don't suffer additional damage. And, if they fire their shields, they're virtually guaranteed to destroy one of my vehicles.

Langdon
11-01-2014, 19:48
Not really a Unit.. but a book with a collection of units.

Escalation.

Whoever thought allowing super heavies and D- weapons into normal 40k games should be shot in the gut and then operated on without pain killers so they dont die.

Barun Von Krump
11-01-2014, 20:31
There's no unit out there that wont die to my Boyz and their toyz.[/QUOTE]

You speak the truth

Fangschrecken
11-01-2014, 21:53
Deathstars.

But only because I don't have any x-wings. Or ammo that can make 90 degree turns in mid flight.

Death Company doesn't scare me. They're tooled up marines. Volume of fire will bring them down if I haven't got any low ap weapons nearby.

Ironbone
11-01-2014, 23:13
Bike spams, most notably white scars/iron hands ones. Stupidly resilient, stupidly fast, and pack-a-huge-punch both in cc and shooting. Worst unit to spam for my guard to face.

Scorvus
11-01-2014, 23:19
Being a Necron player nothing much scares me anymore. I have a tool for almost every situation. :)

wyvirn
11-01-2014, 23:30
Wraithguard. I don't know why, but D-weapons have me scared.

TheBearminator
11-01-2014, 23:31
Stupid scorpions with 3+ reroll when I'm playing Orks. Otherwise, well, I tend to worry a lot about tyranid monsters.

Edit: Yeah, and everything that drops with melta weapons three inches from my beloved russes.

Splen
14-01-2014, 00:32
Anything that drops lots of large blasts! Leman Russ squadrons for example. Actually I have a really hard job against guard in general. However many you kill there always seems to be more!

DeathGlam
14-01-2014, 01:17
Anything that ignores cover saves, i always mourn the loss of my lovely Reaver Jetbikes, they are so pretty but so fragile. :cries:

Fizzy
14-01-2014, 02:33
Not really anything. Playing 30K armies I can counter most units I face. I am only a little worried when my girlfriend puts her Droppa lifta tank on the table. It can take out my tanks pretty easy.

Mephisto Dragonbane
14-01-2014, 02:35
What unit in another army scares the living daylight out of you when you see it on the board? Also does death company scare you?

I'm not bothered about any unit to be honest and I've played against enough Death Company to not be afraid of them. They don't go down quick but they go down.

Importman
14-01-2014, 03:11
I hate, I mean hate those stupid looking uber units like wraith knights and dread knights with a passion. What is it next just plant some 1:100 Gundam models on the table and call it a day? I have both these armies and honestly I don't care how good these units are, and to be honest they are almost an auto include in a competitive army, I still refuse to field them.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk 2

mpepperdine
14-01-2014, 03:16
The new Pyrovore

Fangschrecken
14-01-2014, 04:00
The new Pyrovore

Anybody crazy enough to field that guy is going to be a madman beyond compare

TheBearminator
15-01-2014, 15:10
Mr. Iron wall. A.k.a. Mr. Target Butt, or just the §¿¥¶×§ Butt. The two wound termie guy that always leads my pals grey hunters and in some mysterious way catches every bullet I send their way, without ever rolling a single 1 on his armour save.

Barghest
15-01-2014, 15:51
Disturbed.

Seriously, every time Disturbed is playing on the radio my dice rolls go to Hell. I don't think I've ever rolled above a 3 while Disturbed is playing, and when it's a song I really like (Stricken, for example) I just wait until it's done.

Other than that, templates. Since I mostly play infantry guard, any sort of anti-infantry is worrisome. I'm lookin' at you, Burna Boyz.

madden
15-01-2014, 20:16
Playing CSM, nids, de and necrons I fear the grav centurions I hate the fethers with a passion 15 shots normally precienced by tiggy retooling wounds they kill what they shoot at. And my nids/de dislike blasts and flamers alot.

Either way I'm not scared of death company quantity over quality deals with them.

Xerkics
15-01-2014, 22:55
I hate Leman Russ spam, 3+ IG tanks makes playing nid warriors pretty pointless.

rabidguineapig
16-01-2014, 04:03
I play Guard and I hate seeing anything with a blood lance on it. My friend plays BA and honestly other than that thing I'm not too scared but it always manages to take out some vehicles.

AngryAngel
16-01-2014, 04:45
I don't fear any units, hate, a few. I most deeply hate the Stormlord as I find the night fighting mechanic of this edition the worst. While I'm pleased I don't need to roll for how far I can shoot, not being able to even fire indirectly over 36 is complete rubbish. Then have that almost all game, then add lightning which tends to take out no less then 1/3rd my vehicles.

Yes it is luck but when it happens every time, I do hate that character and generally all Necrons, since I started playing back in 3rd.

Azazyll
16-01-2014, 05:05
Having started by playing against a Tyranid player in second, I still fear Genestealers with an unreasoning terror. Also, my other friend's Bloodthirster. Fortunately I had an Eversor Assassin to give them nightmares with.

That's right, there have been stupidly unbalanced, no-brainer choices in every edition.

Comissar79
16-01-2014, 06:42
Cheesy units lile screamerstar or Helldrakes.