PDA

View Full Version : The Forge World Figure of Lion EL Jonson ideas

Grand Master Azrael
11-01-2014, 02:14
Hey guys, I'd like to know what you think the figure of our might Primarch will have. Will he be carrying the Lion Helm, which would mean that there was Mk7 armour around back then (Or at least available to Primarchs)?

Nazguire
11-01-2014, 02:31
The Lion Helm will be redesigned I think, if he wears it or has it on his figure. I doubt that there was much thought into what armour Mark the helm should be when the Azrael model was designed.

Having him appear all stately and knightly would be cool, a lack of an action pose for him would be beneficial I think.

Nubl0
11-01-2014, 02:39
It is interesting actually, as all the primaries are never depicted wearing helms. I guess because they are central characters who the authors want us to connect with... Except for the lion who is the only one ever described as wearing a helm at all. Honestly I doubt he will be wearing it as none of the other primarch models will be.

Losing Command
11-01-2014, 05:36
Actually kinda interesting how Primarchs, who give the impresssion of being at least a little important, never seem to wear any head protection. In one of the HH novels a sniper almost nails Fulgrim through his brain, and from the reactions from him and everybody around him it seems that a primarch is not resistant to having his(/her :evilgrin:) brain damaged, and is likely to die from it like most living things. Lion El' Jonson actually wearing one kinda makes him the smartest of all the primarchs :eek:

Lykandros
11-01-2014, 10:22
Lion El' Jonson actually wearing one kinda makes him the smartest of all the primarchs :eek:

Any weapon strong enough to pierce the skull of a Primarch probably wouldn't give a damn about a helmet either.

TheDungen
11-01-2014, 10:29
It doesn't work like that, the helm may slow the bullet down enough so that the skull will stop it.

Mage
11-01-2014, 11:03
You have to remember how tough a primarch is: T6, like a Carnifex on average. Helmet? Bah! Carnifexes don't need no stinking helmets!

Menthak
11-01-2014, 13:00
You have to remember how tough a primarch is: T6, like a Carnifex on average. Helmet? Bah! Carnifexes don't need no stinking helmets!

*cough* old one eye.

Were he wearing a helmet he might still be able to judge distances.

Camman1984
11-01-2014, 13:36
Everyone knows, space marine hq's have never heard the term 'headshot' both my space marine armies they wear their helmets. I would have liked to see helmet options for all the prinarchs, even if it doesnt add much protection, the sensor and communication packages must be at least a little helpful.

I want the lion to look nice and regal, like a guy who really could be a leader and commander. I always picture lionel johnson in my head as having dark skin.

Retrospectus
11-01-2014, 14:03
Lorgar was wearing a helmet in "The First Heretic" on istvaan v. it got shot and he had to remove it. I think Guilliman was wearing one in "Know No Fear" when he boarded the space station. not sure though

sgtspiff
11-01-2014, 16:10
I think all primarchs will be helmetless. Simply because it will be just an SM in a fancy armour without face expressions.

Grand Master Azrael
12-01-2014, 08:31
If you're talking about Angel Exterminatus, I thought that Fulgrim was wearing ceremonial armour. Didn't Alpharius/Omegon wear helmets as they wore regular power armour? (Mark VII I think)

Inquisitor Engel
12-01-2014, 16:43
Any weapon strong enough to pierce the skull of a Primarch probably wouldn't give a damn about a helmet either.

Like... a sniper rifle?

ANGEL EXTERMINATUS SPOILERS:

Fulgrim takes a well-placed headshot from a sniper rifle, fired by Sharrowkyn, in Angel Exterminatus and immediately goes down. He was also brimming with daemon-y things at the time, and recovered, but even Perturabo seemed concerned no Primarch could survive and straight shot through the temple.

Mit Gas
12-01-2014, 18:39
They should just give people two head options in his case if people like the idea. I think I saw some official pic of him with a rather "knightly" helmet, like a GKs with huge wings on them. I don't think Lion has dark skin, AFAIR he was described as a blonde guy with long hair.

Mage
12-01-2014, 20:50
They should just give people two head options in his case if people like the idea. I think I saw some official pic of him with a rather "knightly" helmet, like a GKs with huge wings on them. I don't think Lion has dark skin, AFAIR he was described as a blonde guy with long hair.

He obviously knows that, he did say he 'pictured it in his head'.

Grand Master Azrael
12-01-2014, 21:17
Maybe he could be holding his sword in one hand and his helmet in the other. :)

LegionX
12-01-2014, 21:55
The Lion's always been described as having blonde hair, which I imagine to be shoulder-length (shorter than Fulgrim's).

Black armour, some kind of robe/tabard, big sword, DA symbols in red. He'd work in a static pose, however I hope they make him as part of a duel with Night Haunter, on Tsagualsa :)

It would be cool to have him at least holding the Lion Helm, given that it's one of the only pieces of Primarch wargear to appear in model-form prior to FW's HH stuff (such as Gorechild & the Gauntlets of Ultramar).

superdupermatt
12-01-2014, 22:17
In terms of pose, if love to see him resting his hand on the pommel on his sheathed sword and his lion helm in the crook of his other arm.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

T10
12-01-2014, 22:52
Hey guys, I'd like to know what you think the figure of our might Primarch will have. Will he be carrying the Lion Helm, which would mean that there was Mk7 armour around back then (Or at least available to Primarchs)?

Or perhaps the Mk7's armour helmet design is a homage to the Lion Helm?

-T10

Grand Master Azrael
13-01-2014, 01:46
Or perhaps the Mk7's armour helmet design is a homage to the Lion Helm?

-T10

That would make sense, but don't forget that Alpharius/Omegon had Mark 7 Helmets also. Check out the cover of Legion

Malachi
13-01-2014, 04:40
I can see why people would think that the Lion could be one of the static pose primarchs, it is fitting with one side of his personality. I just think that the knightly bringing of death would make for a much more interesting mini. How can you not want to see him striding forward, Lion Sword held aloft, ready to unleash destruction?!

frikandel speciaal
13-01-2014, 08:43
Not sure, but doesn't Magnus The Red wear a helmet?

Mit Gas
13-01-2014, 10:29
He obviously knows that, he did say he 'pictured it in his head'.

Ok...but why do you feel compelled to point it out like that?

Sandlemad
13-01-2014, 13:08
Not sure, but doesn't Magnus The Red wear a helmet?

Yeah, a leather or bronze open-faced thing. It's in all the artwork of him so I'd be surprised if we didn't see it on the model, unlike the rest of the primarchs.

The Khan was also wearing a helmet in Scars and the artwork makes it look like a demon-faced affair.

On-topic, I doubt the Lion Helm will be wearable as an alternate head (no alternate pieces on the four primarchs so far, though Typhon and Abaddon came with options) but it might be on some sort of scenic base, still held by a Watcher.

LegionX
14-01-2014, 22:28
That would make sense, but don't forget that Alpharius/Omegon had Mark 7 Helmets also. Check out the cover of Legion

That's not Mk 7 it's Mk 5, the first power armour to have the 'modern'-style mouth grille. Perhaps the Lion Helm is Mk 5?

Shibboleth
15-01-2014, 04:11
In FW's Betrayal that helmet design is described as having a 'Mantilla pattern respirator unit' said to predate even the Mk V, so the design could stay exactly the same, as Primarch's would be prime candidates to be offered any advanced prototypes like that.

Rufiodies
15-01-2014, 21:08
I would love if they did the lion and curze in the way they did fulgrim and ferrus, so definitely not static poses.
I wonder if he's gonna get some special rule for his captured warp creature, aka entire army teleport, no scatter...

Grand Master Azrael
17-01-2014, 04:10
Although The Lion Duelling Night Haunter would be cool, I thought it would be more likely that he'dbe duelling Luther (curse that Traitor!)

Malachi
17-01-2014, 05:05
Although The Lion Duelling Night Haunter would be cool, I thought it would be more likely that he'dbe duelling Luther (curse that Traitor!)

I doubt it. It's not exactly the Heresy if Lion is fighting Luther. Apparently we're getting Sarum, but I'm not aware of any DA involvement in it (haven't read all of the HH though).