PDA

View Full Version : 30K unit question

shooty06
11-01-2014, 08:39
I am building a Word bearers force. There is no Basic marine troop choice with a legion specific rule. Do I just choose a Tac squad from Betreayl and say the have the word bearers legion rule to access the abilitys in Book two massacre?

Kijamon
11-01-2014, 08:58
Read the rules at the start of the army list. It tells you how the legion specific traits work

shooty06
11-01-2014, 09:38
I understand that but no "troop" unit so far has a legion specfic rule. So do I say they have it and go forward or only use the units in the book. IE Gal vorback, ashen circle Etc.

Kijamon
11-01-2014, 09:51
I understand that but no "troop" unit so far has a legion specfic rule. So do I say they have it and go forward or only use the units in the book. IE Gal vorback, ashen circle Etc.

I don't see what you're missing from P186 of Betrayal (and whatever page number of Massacre) and the Legiones Astartes Rule. Read the second paragraph, it tells you what happens to your normal non fancy marines and how they gain legion traits.

Then go to the Appendix which has your chosen legion and read what those with the Legiones Astartes (Insert Legion of Choice) rule gain.

shooty06
11-01-2014, 10:01
Ok, I think I see it thru the beer goggles. The units in "Betraly are "generic" units as there are no unnamed legions. So if I have a Tactical squad and I am building a "word bearers " force it does not need to say "tactical squad ( word bearers ). But the units in future books are providing Legion specific units. Understand now I do. Thanks

Kijamon
11-01-2014, 12:03
Ok, I think I see it thru the beer goggles. The units in "Betraly are "generic" units as there are no unnamed legions. So if I have a Tactical squad and I am building a "word bearers " force it does not need to say "tactical squad ( word bearers ). But the units in future books are providing Legion specific units. Understand now I do. Thanks

Kind of. ALL Space Marines have the Legiones Astartes rule, which becomes amended to Legiones Astartes (Word Bearers) etc etc. You then flip to your fancy legion rules and every space marine with the Legiones Astartes (Word Bearers) rule benefit from that.

It is a bit of an odd way of writing it though