PDA

View Full Version : How to 'point cost' this WIP scratch-built Fortification...

Gunzhard
11-01-2014, 17:57
Can you guys help me figure how to cost this thing for use in an Escalation/StrongholdAssault 'friendly' game?

It is clearly very WIP: each corner (bastion type) section has 2 heavy bolters, the main gate has a heavy flamer, the two long side pieces have 1 heavy bolter each, and the back length has no weapons. I've also added 2 icarus lascannons, a quad-gun and a comm unit but those at least are easy to figure points for.

What do you guys think?

IcedAnimals
11-01-2014, 20:12
Is the base a multi part building with seperate AV values for each section? If so you basically have 4 bastions and the connecting battlements inbetween. Id say you are looking like at least 500 points before adding the guns. Then just add in the gun total from the stronghold assault book.

Gunzhard
11-01-2014, 20:17
Is the base a multi part building with seperate AV values for each section? If so you basically have 4 bastions and the connecting battlements inbetween. Id say you are looking like at least 500 points before adding the guns. Then just add in the gun total from the stronghold assault book.

So you mean not to count the long-lengths as separate pieces but instead a second battlement - interesting.

The 'bastion' parts have only 2 heavy bolters and no fire-points, but I was thinking just to count them as Bastions regardless like you said... what about Imperial Defense Line for the side/back long-lengths and an Imperial Defense Emplacement for the front connecting/gate piece?

IcedAnimals
11-01-2014, 22:55
Its possible but you would need to take into consideration that the defense lines are at ground level and your fortress isn't. Nor do I think you would want your guys manning them to be counting as on the ground. So you would need to adjust it.

Perhaps you could do this. Treat each tower as an "imperial bunker" in price. Then like you said, back and sides = lines, front = emplacement. Add 100 points to your total because they are now "raised" and buildings instead of trenches. Then throw in the weapon costs. Since nothing in the imperial defense network comes standard with a gun they make a good starting point.

Another option is to price each piece as a bunker. Since all a bunker is is a building with av14 and battlements. So you have 4 bunkers worth of towers, 1 bunker as the front gate and 3 more as the lengths. Then add in weapon totals.