PDA

View Full Version : Wood Elf 2600 ETC list

iantheace
11-01-2014, 18:31
ETC comp for 22400 pts is as follows:

- Wood Elves (2600)
Glade Guard models (excluding scouts), max 70
Points achieved against Wood Elves (excluding bonus for Underdog Challenge, Banners, BSB and General) are decreased by 10%
All elves in the army have ASF (Wild Riders are considered Elves. This does not affect any Elven mount or steed)
Casters may choose spells from any of the 8 Common Lores
Forest Spirit's Ward Save is not negated by Magical Attacks

Anyway heres the list

Player: Ian Woolfenden
Army: Wood Elves 2600
Army Name: A Welf of Knowledge

Lord, Wood Elf Higborn (General)
Light Armour, Shield, Great Eagle
Ogre Blade, Dragonhelm, Talisman of Preservation, Potion of Foolhardiness
301 pts

Lord, Spellweaver
Level 4, Lore of Shadow
Wand of Wych Elm
305 pts

Hero,Wood Elf Noble (BSB)
Battle Standard, Light Armour
Hail of Doom Arrow, Charmed Shield
127 pts

Hero,SpellSinger
Dispel Scroll, Lore of Metal
115 pts

Hero,Branchwraith
Cluster of Radiants
90 pts

Core, 10 Dryads
120 pts

Core, 10 Glade Guard
Musician
126 pts

Core, 10 Glade Guard
Musician
126 pts

Core, 10 Glade Guard
Musician
126 pts

Core, 10 Glade Guard
Full Command, Standard of Eternal Flame
154 pts

Special, 6 Treekin
390 pts

Rare, Treeman
285 pts

Rare, Treeman
285 pts

Rare, Great Eagle
50 pts

It's not perfect i think, but will give it a go!

SteveW
11-01-2014, 19:36
Under those rules wild riders are going to run over everything. You should try and work them in.

cyberspite
12-01-2014, 02:56
Under those rules wild riders are going to run over everything. You should try and work them in.

With ASF? I wouldn't say everything.

The list looks pretty good, although I would probably lose the branchwraith and beef up the flaming glade guard unit, or add more dryads for 2 units of 8. Are you not slightly over with your rare's though?

Minigiant
12-01-2014, 03:04
I am really sorry to break this to you but Draft 2 has just come out, it can be seen here (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1i1wJfthKQ4ObS0Mlc1TvVtvfWdB3U7PucH8cGFVuf-E/pub):

Wood Elves (2500)

• Glade Guard models (excluding scouts), max 50

• All elves in the army have ASF (Wild Riders are Elves. This does not affect mounts)

• Wizards may choose spells from any of the 8 Common Lores

• Forest Spirit's Ward Save is not negated by Magical Attacks

iantheace
12-01-2014, 10:16
I know draft 2 is out, but this tournament uses draft 1 as it was fixed 2 months ago :).

The beastmen player at our club would have been pwned otherwise. His beastmen list is hurrendous lol.

The above comp change would just make me drop the great eagle and the branchwraith and buy a few extra glade guard.

I play dark elves normally though and will be taking them to the rest of the tournaments this year, but i couldnt finish painting in time for this one.

Spiney Norman
12-01-2014, 13:26
A spellsinger with the lore of metal... I dream about such things

SteveW
12-01-2014, 13:33
With ASF? I wouldn't say everything.

The list looks pretty good, although I would probably lose the branchwraith and beef up the flaming glade guard unit, or add more dryads for 2 units of 8. Are you not slightly over with your rare's though?
ASF, vanguard, fast cav, and a real ward save. That pretty much makes them a wrecking ball.

iantheace
12-01-2014, 13:56
ASF, vanguard, fast cav, and a real ward save. That pretty much makes them a wrecking ball.

I agree they would have been very good with a character or 2 in the unit backing it up. Sadly this list has been submitted now and i didnt own any wild riders anyway. Thanks for the feedback though, it helped me towards making my dark elf list even more terrifying :)

cyberspite
12-01-2014, 22:40

Well, it's a moot point now but just for the record, I'm still not convinced they would be all that.

WoodElfGeneral
22-01-2014, 13:26
If i am not mistaken, bsb loses his longbow and therefore is unable to use the hail of doom arrow.