PDA

View Full Version : next HH book?

bound for glory
11-01-2014, 21:32
i just finnished betrayer. whats the next book?

shadowhawk2008
11-01-2014, 21:39
The Unfinished Empire I believe.

abcz417
11-01-2014, 21:50
Mark of Calth, Vulcan Lives then Unremembered Empire. Scars is a bit of a funny one as it started being released as a weekly series but technically is after. Mark of Calth is a collection of short stories so order doesn't matter but definitely recommend Vulkan Lives before Unremembered Empire.

bound for glory
12-01-2014, 00:11
thanks boys.
you ok, shadow? not to be a smartass, but i can always count on you to know which book is next?

shadowhawk2008
12-01-2014, 05:18
thanks boys.
you ok, shadow? not to be a smartass, but i can always count on you to know which book is next?

Not worth it, mate. I've given up on following their release schedules since like July/August last year. At a time when every other publisher out there puts out its release schedules for several months at a time, BL is holding things close to its chest and is not giving us ANYTHING. January 2014 has seen just three new releases. Master of Death by Josh Reynolds. Stormseer by Josh. and Straken by Toby Frost. One physical book, one audio drama, and one ebook exclusive. That's pretty terrible, from even just January 2013.

So yeah. Not following their release schedules and I've cut back on the reading as well. I prefer to read more from other publishers who are actually willing to engage with readers.

Hoshi
12-01-2014, 18:25
Just finished listening to Thousand Sons probably my favourite so far. Skipped through a few like mechanicum, battle for the abyss and fallen angels and enjoyed Betrayer too.

Atia
15-01-2014, 20:06
i enjoyed mechanicum, while battle of the abyss wasn't the best book, it was ok, but fallen angels was realy TERRIBLE. unremembered empire was good too.

tristessa
21-01-2014, 13:48
So yeah. Not following their release schedules and I've cut back on the reading as well. I prefer to read more from other publishers who are actually willing to engage with readers.

When is the next Penguin Books weekender?

shadowhawk2008
21-01-2014, 15:22
When is the next Penguin Books weekender?

You win the award for the lamest joke of the year.

tristessa
22-01-2014, 09:20
I'll be along to the Spear of Lycaeus to collect it shortly.

Look - you clearly have an axe to grind with BL in the classic entitled anti-fan way. If you're so keen on other publishers why are you constantly haunting these forums?

shadowhawk2008
22-01-2014, 11:52
I'll be along to the Spear of Lycaeus to collect it shortly.

Look - you clearly have an axe to grind with BL in the classic entitled anti-fan way. If you're so keen on other publishers why are you constantly haunting these forums?

I don't like BL's practices. I like their output. Is that so hard to understand? And nothing about what I've said, or what DarkChaplain has said, is "entitled anti-fan" way.

DarkChaplain
23-01-2014, 18:03
I don't like BL's practices. I like their output. Is that so hard to understand? And nothing about what I've said, or what DarkChaplain has said, is "entitled anti-fan" way.

QFT. Anti-fan? What ********. I'd personally like BL/GW to continue a good thing rather than running their business into the ground step by step by short-sighted business decisions to please shareholders, but little else. GW's financial statements on 2013, the Space Marine year, should show just how wonky they are right now. No use making it worse by scaring away your writers and lack of actual customer interaction - and I'm talking CUSTOMERS, here, not the tiny flock of dedicated guys who pay hundreds of bucks for event tickets, travel and accomodation to have a chat with some authors or sit in seminars to pick up some rumors and hints along the way.

Perrin
23-01-2014, 21:35
There really is no excuse for the state of the BL website. How hard is it to have a frequently updated Coming Soon list? They used to have one before the site was rearranged. Customers knowing what is coming out and when allows them to save up things they want and to manage their funds better to allow them to make more purchases, surely that's what BL wants?

DarkChaplain
24-01-2014, 09:53
The BL site also abandoned the small icons on product pages which indicated the featured races/factions. Their categories are downright broken and unintuitive, the search requires more luck than precision and a tag system for looking things up would benefit their range greatly. And remember how they closed down the website for months because of the new design coming up "soon"? Yeah...

Tymell
26-01-2014, 13:02
Time to close this thread maybe? It looks like the OP's question was answered, and now just seems to be swerving onto other topics.