PDA

View Full Version : Running a grey seer in 1000 pt games

SkavenJB
12-01-2014, 16:32
I've been looking up various tactics and lists, and I am seeing people run grey seers in 1000 pt games.

A grey seer is listed as a lord in my army book. In the army book it has a table that looks like this.

army pt value--------------- max total-------------- max. lords ---------max heroes.

less than 2000------------------- 3 --------------------- 0----------------- 3
2000 or more-------------------- 4 ----------------------1 ----------------- 4

and so on. So my question is am I reading this chart wrong for the army list creation? It says you can't have any lords in a game that's less that 2000 pts, but people are running lists for 1000 pt games with a grey seer.

theunwantedbeing
12-01-2014, 16:36
That's 7th edition (or 6th).

In 8th edition it's based around percentages.
So your lord allowance is 25% for all games.

This means at 1k you can spend upto 250pts on a Lord choice (or choices).
A Grey Seer costs less than 250pts, so you can afford to take one in a 1k game.

SkavenJB
12-01-2014, 16:43
Okay, I was confused going between the big rule book. So those rules are there just in case you wanna revert back to 7th?

This is going to make my list building so much easier now.

Thank you.

theunwantedbeing
12-01-2014, 16:56
I'de forgotten the skaven book hasn't been updated yet.

Your book is the 7th edition one, which is the most recent as it hasn't been updated yet.
This is why it has the slot system that only allows 1 lord at 2k and so on, as those are 7th edition rules.

Here is a link to the Skaven Errata (http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_CustomProductCatalog/m3180070a_Skaven_v1.7_APRIL13.pdf)

It's a bit big and there are a lot of slight alterations but it's worth knowing them for playing 8th edition games with skaven.