PDA

View Full Version : Forgworld Dark Angel HH Legion rules?

Malachi
13-01-2014, 23:58
Given the Dark Angels aren’t going to get rules in the Forgerworld Horus Heresy series until the 2nd book of the 2nd trilogy, I thought it would be fun to speculate on the rules/idiosyncrasies Forgeworld is going to give the First Legion.

Based on what the other legions have received I think we can expect the following:

Rules for the Lion
Rules for 2 other characters
2 unique units
3-4 Legiones Astartes (Dark Angels) rules, 1 giving negative traits/limitations
1 unique Rite of War - hopefully reflecting our combined arms approach to warfare and fabled tactical genius

Personally, I’m expecting the Lion to have the ‘skilled’ primarch statline, rather than the ‘impressive physique’ primarch statline and so would like to see a 8/6/6/6/6/6/5/10 statline with a suitably impressive (+3S) Lion Sword.

I’d also expect to see Corswain as one of the other characters with a statline that puts him close to Sevatar, maybe 7/5/4/4/3/5/4/10.

Apparently it was Alan Bligh’s idea to mention the 6 wings of the HH era DA in Unremembered Empire, but I can’t really see all of these being represented and I don’t think we necessarily need rules for them. I’d be perfectly happy to not see either of the Ravenwing or Deathwing so long as we get some suitably ‘knighty’ units which represent the honourable DA approach to personal combat and excellence at swordplay. I'd be bummed if our 2 unique units were some form of Deathwing terminator squad (especially since we've already seen HH era Deathwing in PA) and Ravenwing outrider squad. There’s no reason HH era DA need to be a carbon copy of 40K DA and I’m really hoping Forgeworld take this opportunity to bring out our Caliban/knightly heritage.

What would you guys like to see? Anyone have any inspired/flavourful ideas for our legion rules and units?

Rufiodies
14-01-2014, 14:07
While I want to see something bringing out their whole martial combat theme, I don't want to see some copies of the palatine blades or phoenix terminators. Maybe all the squad leaders should get a dual challenge dealy, something for taking out other champions/squad leaders I think them being the 1st legion, they should have the best tech options out of the bunch. Maybe some new weapons that the other legions can't have, or a lower points option for weapon upgrades. The Lion should get some pre deployment or reserves rolls special rules, something special to show his genius in battle.

Beppo1234
14-01-2014, 16:36
I'd like to see both 'pre-fall of caliban' Deathwing and Ravenwing, before their mission statements were re-written by the Fallen. Ironwing as well.

The lion in conservative, DA brooding pose. Luther definitely.

here's a question, how much of the aftermath of the Heresy will we get in book and model form? I'd love for a Space Wolves and DA and Smurfs smashing into the rear lines of the Heretic forces at the end of the Heresy, as well as a number of the other events which would lead out of the Heresy, and set the stage for the 40th millenium. Fall of Caliban, Russ into the Eye of Terror etc.

also I'd like to see the paint scheme finally set in concrete. I think black armour with green guns, and then white robes, as per the fluff.

Rufiodies
15-01-2014, 00:05
Has their been any mention as to when the SW and Ultra's will be covered in the forge world hh books? I can't see the ultra's being too much different from the codex, as rowboat wrote the damn thing, so I would think his marines would already be codex.
The space wolves kinda fall into that whole setup as well, They didn't accept the codex, and I don't really see them changing, besides a drop in numbers.
I think we're gonna see a prospero and a calth book to cover during the heresy, I wouldn't be surprised if GW does the Scouring much in the same way they did the Heresy. Black Library publications along side Forge World models and rules. That is if they want to get more of my money in ten years... The timeline kinda is stopped at 41.99999999... so the only way they have to go is back