PDA

View Full Version : High Elves, Is this a good deal?

Merellin
14-01-2014, 12:18
So, I found a massive High Elf army for sale and I was curious if people thought it seems like a good deal..

1 Frostheart Phoenix
1 Flame Spyre Phoenix
2 High Elf Dragons
1 Griffon med mounted Prince/Noble From IoB
2 Great Eagles
16 Silver Helms
2 Bolt Throwers
15 Dragon Princes
37 Spearmen
36 Archers
28 Seaguards from IoB
30 Swordmasters from IoB
20 Whitelions
5 Reavers from IoB
1 Wood Elf Warhawk rider
1 Lion Chariot
1 Tiranoc Chariot
2 Mounted Princes/Nobels
2 Princes/Nobels/Battle Standard Bearers
1 Mounted Mage
3 Mage on foot
The Army Book, And 2 sets of the High Elf magic cards

All this, For 614 USD

Metacarpi
14-01-2014, 13:28
As long as you're happy paying that, then that's all that matters isn't it?

How much does all that come to at retail prices?

SteveW
14-01-2014, 14:54
I would buy it as long as there were not a bunch of missing/broken parts.

NemoSD
14-01-2014, 16:30
Just doing quick estimates, it is about 1200, meaning it is the standard charge 50% retail prices. If it is in SoCal, we have had a High Elf Army, WoC, and Tomb King stolen and not found yet, so if you are being it from SoCal, make sure this guy actually bought the army.

SteveW
14-01-2014, 17:09
Just doing quick estimates, it is about 1200, meaning it is the standard charge 50% retail prices. If it is in SoCal, we have had a High Elf Army, WoC, and Tomb King stolen and not found yet, so if you are being it from SoCal, make sure this guy actually bought the army.

Where was it stolen from?

NemoSD
14-01-2014, 17:19
GMI, Pegasus, etc... mainly GMI. It is an Inland Empire thing. The guy is known, but once he was caught, he fled to Arizona. Outside of those facts that rest is just guessing. Some of the armies are still missing.

I know some of them were sold down in San Diego though, but it has been mostly isolated to stuff up here in Riverside/Upland/Rancho Cucamonga area.

Merellin
14-01-2014, 20:28
SoCal..? This is in sweden, A swedish guy selling his army because of lost intrest. Though I hope those stolen armies are recoverd, Must be horrible to have your army stolen..

SteveW
14-01-2014, 20:32
SoCal= Southern California.

NemoSD
15-01-2014, 06:18
SoCal..? This is in sweden, A swedish guy selling his army because of lost intrest. Though I hope those stolen armies are recoverd, Must be horrible to have your army stolen..

You didn't have a location, and the thefts were big, so I figure better safe to warn then note. It is a really good deal, you might be able to get him to lower it a bit, but based on the item list with no pictures, it is a good deal.

Merellin
15-01-2014, 08:15
Ah, I dont think it is from southern California, Unless he traveld over there, Stole it, and traveld back to sweden, But that seems unlikely.. The add was posted November 25 2013. I'm not sure I can afford the army though so I will have to wait and see if I can save up enough money for it before it gets sold..

Pavisel
15-01-2014, 17:33
The add was posted November 25 2013.

If it's been waiting that long, I'd contact the guy and see if he'd be willing to sell for less. he may be eager to see it go for less just to get rid of it.