PDA

View Full Version : The new Swarmlord vs. Calgar fight. "Spoilers"

gLOBS
15-01-2014, 02:01
Ok after reading this section to see what would change I was not disappointed to see that it had and not for the better.

Now the Swarmlord had one nice maneuver in killing a Baneblade instead of besting Calgar strategically on all levels.

Now the Swarmlord eventually after trying to adapt to Calgars strategy's did a blind charge towards Calgar which the Ultramarines just giggled an easily put down the main force and swept under the rug and it merely slowed the marines down.

Now the Swarmlord made a phone call, called in the elite warrior-organisms to help with a gang-like beat down of Calgar. Instead of the Swarmlord roaring a challenge and Calgar being rent low in mortal combat with the Swarmlord.

Now Calgar fought like a hero and was only brought down by weight in numbers. The Swarmlord then wandered over to Calgar pushed him over.

But then before killing Calgar was chased off by axe welding honorguard which scared off the Swarmlord like he owed em money. This is the same basically except for the man pile of marines on top of Calgar to protect him in the end.

Hendarion
15-01-2014, 05:14
Your style of writing is really hard to follow and to understand. I may conclude from the topic that you are disappointed by the story? Or you just wanted to share it?

15-01-2014, 05:20
Spiritual liege..

m1acca1551
15-01-2014, 06:46
Your style of writing is really hard to follow and to understand. I may conclude from the topic that you are disappointed by the story? Or you just wanted to share it?

I agree, after re reading twice I managed to decipher your meaning.

You are obviously dissapointed that the fluff has changed to Calgar not being stomped on but only being beaten by extreme numbers?? I can understand this, it can be very frustrating when a story that showed the potential might of a race or being is downgraded to make it seem less powerful.

I think with GW general laziness to the rules section they thought we might as well be lazy with the fluff too, strange they put in the effort to extol the efforts of the SM.

I found it very hard to follow

Lord Damocles
15-01-2014, 18:27
The account in the Battle of Cold Steel Ride in the new Codex is fundamentally the same (down to recycling many of the descriptions and phrases used) as it was in the last.

This looks like another case of wailing because something is (kind of) new and/or involves Calgar.

18-01-2014, 07:37
i argee with the thread starter here , i really do hate that, down grade the swarmlord to cockcorach , and making calgar looks like a cartoon hero .