PDA

View Full Version : Are there Destroyer Overlords?

Andy089
15-01-2014, 21:52
Hello,
title says it all really - is there such a thing as a Destroyer Overlord or even Phaeron?
If so, what would you say is the in-game representation of such a Destroyer Phaeron (considering a Destroyer Lord already has more or less the same profile as an Overlord)? 5-6 wounds and 4 attacks seem a bit heavy, adding to that that he'd be relentless jump infantry (which has no use but still is pretty cool).
Would that guy give you a "Royal Destroyer Court", where you can take 0-5 destroyer lords? Or perhaps make your "normal" destroyers troops and/or heavy ones heavy support?
(Just in case you are wondering - apocalypse is calling =P)

Fangschrecken
15-01-2014, 23:03
From a background point of view? Absolutely.

I would be terrified to face that, but the men of Charon VI would try and put up a fight. Swarms of guard is always the answer.

Polaria
16-01-2014, 06:00
In both Fall of Damnos novel and The Outer Reach supplement to Deathwatch RPG there are overlord/phaeron level Destroyer lords. Personally I think the Destroyer Lord is basically a Destroyer Overlord. Its only called "lord" because Destroyer Cults are seen as lower ranking citizens and held in lesser esteem by the other Overlords.

Sandlemad
16-01-2014, 14:42
In both Fall of Damnos novel and The Outer Reach supplement to Deathwatch RPG there are overlord/phaeron level Destroyer lords. Personally I think the Destroyer Lord is basically a Destroyer Overlord. Its only called "lord" because Destroyer Cults are seen as lower ranking citizens and held in lesser esteem by the other Overlords.

I'd second this but I got the impression that you'd never really have a Destroyer Overlord as such because Overlordship implies some rule over a tomb world. If a Lord or Overlord has woken to the Destroyer madness, they're not really going to focus on things that are not killing or destruction.

Polaria
16-01-2014, 14:45
If I remember right in both Fall of Damnos and the Outer Reach the Destroyer Lord is "Overlord" in name, but crypteks are pulling the strings ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lord Damocles
16-01-2014, 20:29
Destroyer Courts are referenced on pg.43 of the 5th ed. Codex: Necrons.

Anima
16-01-2014, 22:40
Yes, Overlords are just Lords who're in charge, the difference is just a title.
A destroyer overlord on TT would just be a destroyer lord.

Stonerhino
16-01-2014, 23:52
Table top rules use a Praetonian squad's rules but use Destoryer Lord models. Not an exact fit but works.

Andy089
17-01-2014, 22:08
Good idea! Building the upper body as lychguard but with rods of the covenant and then exchanging the lower body! ("Hover"body = jump infantry, head with enhanced senses = Preferred Enemy in terms of WYSIWYG)

thank you!