PDA

View Full Version : White Dwarf subs and the new weekly and monthly publications

nightstorm
16-01-2014, 14:24
News

I called the GW hotline today to find out what is going on with my WD subscription

I was told that in Feb subscribers will get both the weekly and the visions magazines (although im guessing it will only be one of the weekly magazines) this is to show subscribers what both are about after that the subscribers will only get the Visions magazine

Apparently there will be a letter in the next magazine subscribers get to explain all of this.

Just thought people may want to know.

General Kale
16-01-2014, 14:44
Cheers for the info. They didn't bother replying to my email query!

Typo
16-01-2014, 14:54
Do we know if the cost of the subscription will be going up or not? (Thinking from the direct-debit point of view rather than the fixed yearly fee sub)

DarthSte
16-01-2014, 15:43
Do we know if the cost of the subscription will be going up or not? (Thinking from the direct-debit point of view rather than the fixed yearly fee sub)

This is critical to me as well, as I am on the DD sub, I'm getting it for an almost reasonable price at the moment.

svennh
16-01-2014, 17:17
Do we get to use our WD vouchers to buy Visions?

M'ichal
16-01-2014, 17:48
So pretty much what I thought. Also cool they'll be sending a preview copy of the weekly one to showcase. Good to know, thanks for the info.

Spiney Norman
16-01-2014, 17:49
This is critical to me as well, as I am on the DD sub, I'm getting it for an almost reasonable price at the moment.

Me too, the only reason I kept my subscription going is that my DD has been going for a few years now and I am still getting it for 3 an issue.

Kingly
16-01-2014, 17:52
The DD yearly subscriptions will retain for the year, so if you have a subscription you wont have to pay anything more for the more expensive mag, but I think when your subscription ends naturally you'll have to pay more, which is entirely fair...

Rakariel
16-01-2014, 22:25
Interesting. I cancled my sub cause I felt the mag was just too shallow. I`ll have a look what the new ones will bring and decide if its worth another shot.

@allmyownbattles
16-01-2014, 23:11
I've got the tear off voucher subscription too. I'm guessing e spend them on Visions? I don't want it though. Trouble ahead.

Zarika
17-01-2014, 06:49
Ok, blonde moment here but, what's all this about change? I haven't been told anything and I have had a WD sub for many years.

Griefbringer
17-01-2014, 08:17
Zarika, this announcement on GW website should clear the situation a bit:

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/wnt/blog.jsp?pid=12800022

DarthSte
17-01-2014, 10:11
I hadn't seen their announcement before. Thanks for the link.

madden
17-01-2014, 11:41
WEll my quarterly sub (dd) isn't going up as there have missed the 10 day notice period to change the price. Which version(s) I'll get don't know yet or if it's worth keeping going but I'll find out when it happens.

Yeah for apathy. Maybe

Zarika
17-01-2014, 17:57
Thanks for the link.

So WD weekly will cost the same as paint 2:50 ish, that's 10 pounds per month, not including the new visions if you want that one. Seems a bit steep to me.

Typo
18-01-2014, 09:36
The DD yearly subscriptions will retain for the year, so if you have a subscription you wont have to pay anything more for the more expensive mag, but I think when your subscription ends naturally you'll have to pay more, which is entirely fair...

Um. The DD subscription doesn't have a natural end, as such, it just keep ticking out from your account each quarter until you or they cancel it? Or does this mean that come next quarter, they either cancel or raise the price?

Dr Zoidberg
18-01-2014, 10:16
I've got the tear off voucher subscription too. I'm guessing e spend them on Visions? I don't want it though. Trouble ahead.

I picked up my Jan WD using my voucher this morning; the redshirt confirmed that the vouchers can be used for Visions.

evanger
20-01-2014, 19:19
I really find this difficult to fathom. I know they are doing it, and its official, etc, but it still seems strange.

One monthly magazine doesn't sell very well...so we'll add 100 more pages to it...AND make a different WEEKLY magazine on top of that.

In this day and age, when the traditional print media is going digital.

How long will they wish to keep up the weekly magazine?

I don't see them continuing through even the rest of this year. Can they?

Does anyone here think White Dwarf Weekly will make it to issue 48 at the end of December?

They must be printing them locally, in a worldwide distributed way. They can't be shipping that much paper across the globe; can they?