PDA

View Full Version : Best way to use Banner of Swiftness

Minigiant
16-01-2014, 23:26
So i am asking you what the best way to use banner of swiftness?

Do you use the +1 movement to change the role of a unit or do you keep it a surprise and reveal it when you roll a critical charge?

I am interested to hear your thoughts

logan054
16-01-2014, 23:31
If I'm using a fast army and want some warriors I tend to give it to them so they don't get left so far behind. Really it depends on the army to how you use it.

Kahadras
17-01-2014, 00:11
I use it straight from the start. The Banner sits in my unit of Phoenix Guard which are by far and away the slowest thing in my army (the rest being mounted or flying). I find it gives them the mobility to at least try and keep up with the rest of the army.

Lordcypress
17-01-2014, 06:19
You don't have a choice of when to use it. Its added to your movement profile. You don't get to choose when to have +1 movement. That would be like taking the Flaming Banner and only using it when it suited you.

Lord Solar Plexus
17-01-2014, 06:32
No offense but what nonsense is that? Of course you can chose to move less completely regardless of your movement stat. The banner doesn't force you to move the full amount at all.

Evil Hypnotist
17-01-2014, 07:09
No offense but what nonsense is that? Of course you can chose to move less completely regardless of your movement stat. The banner doesn't force you to move the full amount at all.

Agreed, like you say Lordcypress, it's added to your movement profile. You can use as little or as much of that as you want.

Oogie boogie boss
17-01-2014, 07:19
I tend to give it to my SO Boar Boys, just to give them that little edge and a chance of snatching the charge against other cav. also makes them better at chasing Light Cav. My infantry has a lamentable fondness for squabbling (they are savages, after all), so it would almost certainly be a waste giving it to them.

furrie
17-01-2014, 08:09
In my mono slaanesh daemon army, I give it to my daemonettes so they can keep up with the larges part of the army and can get in combat on turn 1/2

Minigiant
17-01-2014, 18:32

Agreed thats why i asked this question. Is it about the surprise or about modifying unit roles

Lord Solar Plexus
17-01-2014, 18:53
Well, I rarely take it...once or twice I did on a unit of Chaos Warriors, so that they could better keep up with the Knights. In those cases, I used it right away though.

Phoenix Blaze
18-01-2014, 02:49
If I'm taking a small unit of Dragon Princes I sometimes give them the Banner (either than or flaming). Movement 10 is massive and can really help them in zipping into position and charging something vital on turn 2. Hell, turn 1 charges can be a thing depending on the scenario.