PDA

View Full Version : Best Model Range Final shootout

Minigiant
17-01-2014, 00:31
So im curious what people think is the best aesthetically pleasing army available to all us WFB players including Warhammer forge

Unlike last time (http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?387590-Best-Model-Range-Part-2); this time i have only included the top 3 for a final shootout

Kakapo42
17-01-2014, 03:13
WOOD ELVES

That is all.

Ramius4
17-01-2014, 06:27
WOOD ELVES

That is all.

Funny... Had I known about the original poll (which was closed after only 105 votes), I would have voted for them as well, making them tied with High Elves. And I would have also voted for them on this poll...

Urgat
17-01-2014, 06:39
VC for me.

Evil Hypnotist
17-01-2014, 08:03
WOOD ELVES

That is all.

Funny... Had I known about the original poll (which was closed after only 105 votes), I would have voted for them as well, making them tied with High Elves. And I would have also voted for them on this poll...

Agreed 100%. Sorry OP but I will have to abstain on this one!

Spiney Norman
17-01-2014, 10:17
Wow, how did high elves make it to the final three, they have some of the worst core models in the game...

Romark
17-01-2014, 10:37
Torn between VC and DE. But, Druchii get the vote, because i seem to be one of the only people loving Executioners masks...

duffybear1988
17-01-2014, 10:47
Wood elves and bretonnians (questing knights are ultimate badasses).

Jim
17-01-2014, 10:48
I voted for DE due to the new core models being recently replaced. Also I like the new Black Guard/Executioners & Witch Elf models. They have some nice centre piece kits - such as the Cauldron & Hydra/Khyribdis

The HE were a close second but miss out due to their core Spearman/Archers looking quite dated

Finally I love almost all of the VC range but they had to miss out due to Zombies/Ghouls & Dire Wolf models not being to my taste

Jim

Captain Collius
17-01-2014, 14:40
One, Lizardmen are still the best.

Two, High elves because the new stuff is incredible and more than makes up for the spearmen and silverhelms

Minigiant
20-01-2014, 17:58
Results (so far) suggest that wood elf vooters from part 2 dont jump ship to one of their cousin races

beerbeard
20-01-2014, 18:10
This. The Dragon Princes models are simply the best thing GW makes. The IoB models are incredible, better than the Skaven by far. Both the Mage and Prince dual boxes... yes, the Spearmen are awful, but the others outweigh them.

Jackspappa
20-01-2014, 19:30
WOOD ELVES

That is all.

Second that!

Minigiant
21-01-2014, 20:59
Do people think Chaos Dwarfs would have significantly changed the results if they had been an option?

kylek2235
21-01-2014, 21:31
High Elves in the top 3? Wow. Did the original voters not remember how awful the Spearelves, Archers and Silverhelms are? Although not bad models, the reavers and swordmasters are only available as single part plastics? The ballista is meh. Both the Brets and Wood Elves are better.

Dark Elves get my vote. The only awful models here are the Harpies, while the VC have the direwolves, spirit hosts, bat swarms and fell bats. The VC do have the best character range in Warhammer though.

Karak Norn Clansman
21-01-2014, 22:07
Wood Elves, of course.

Chaos Dwarfs wouldn't have changed the poll result significantly. They're a decent to good range, but it's not a clear winner like it would have been if much of their stuff would have had the same aesthetic style as the Hellcannon have.

That makes the Hellcannon and its crew one of the best miniatures of all time. Good enough to beat Wood Elves as a range. ;)

High Elves overall had better elite infantry units during 6th edition, though Ellyrian Reavers, chariots, ballistas and Lothern Seaguard are miles better than they have ever been.

bhusus
22-01-2014, 00:44
From this list - Dark Elves - Cold One Riders are still my favourite units of all time...and I still don't own any...one of these days!

Dark Aly
23-01-2014, 13:57
Of the three, vampires because they aren't elves and if there are any elves in a vampire army then they are dead so it's all good. The biggest problem with the VC model range is the vamps themselves but otherwise they have some lovely minis.

Minigiant
23-01-2014, 14:47
Of the three, vampires because they aren't elves and if there are any elves in a vampire army then they are dead so it's all good. The biggest problem with the VC model range is the vamps themselves but otherwise they have some lovely minis.

Some of their characters are good, i think the biggest problem is the zombies

Craze_b0i
24-01-2014, 05:34
If it were a top 2 one of the elf armies would win. Right now their vote is being split.

m1acca1551
24-01-2014, 08:22
VC all the way!!!

only the really small stuff didn't get an update, whilst HE core are pretty bad and the dark elves have one or 2 very nice kits but the new "warriors" are still on the nose for me atleast.

Nubl0
24-01-2014, 19:04
I'm surprised HE made it into the top three. given the awful core models and fairly mediocre chickens/dragons.