PDA

View Full Version : Army wide rules

JacobDrake
17-01-2014, 09:19
I've been reading around the hobby abit over the last couple of years and have recently got back into collecting the models. So I was wondering what army wide special rules would make sense for each army, it doesn't have to be game balanced just one which would make sense from a fluff stand point.
I have came up with a few.

Wood Elves
All elven bows have killing blow to show their skill with a bow (Story in the army book where they are shooting the gaps in dwarven armour at dusk)
Able to march and shoot in the shooting phase without penalty again to demonstrate the skill with a bow.
Dryads, Tree kin and Treeman getting the hatred special rule if they are within 6 inches of a wood. How fiercely they defend their home.

I haven't read many other army books so couldn't comment on them as much. So what would army wide rules would make sense from a fluff point of view?

boli
17-01-2014, 09:30
Most - if not all books already have army wide special rules; Wood Elves may just be one of the few exceptions.

There is a lot of speculation but all Wood Elves getting Always Strike First and "Marksmen" Prowess (something to do with bows) is the most likely.

StygianBeach
17-01-2014, 09:52
I think the current Wood Elf rule is fluffy enough, with no move penalty they can be mobile and shooty at the same time.

Kakapo42
17-01-2014, 21:53
I think the current Wood Elf rule is fluffy enough, with no move penalty they can be mobile and shooty at the same time.

Agreed. The current Asrai Archery rule is great, it keeps the army extremely mobile - in a Wood Elf army at the moment there is not a single unit that should be staying still, which is just like it is in the background.

bigbiggles
18-01-2014, 04:17
I think the army rule for wood elves should also include the glade guard sharing their bows

Shadowsinner
18-01-2014, 05:30
I always thought having the ability to reroll 1's to hit with shooting attacks would have been really cool in addition to asf