PDA

View Full Version : Stand and Shoot

Oogie boogie boss
17-01-2014, 12:07
Just a quick question as I don't have a copy of my rule book (lent to a friend)- what are the rules for stand and shoot these days? Is it still the case that you can't S+S if the enemy is less than half their charge distance away? Or is it now the case that you can S+S regardless of proximity? Having a debate with a mate, is why I ask.

BattleofLund
17-01-2014, 12:12
Just a quick question as I don't have a copy of my rule book (lent to a friend)- what are the rules for stand and shoot these days? Is it still the case that you can't S+S if the enemy is less than half their charge distance away? Or is it now the case that you can S+S regardless of proximity? Having a debate with a mate, is why I ask.

If the enemy is within their Movement (M) distance you don't get to stand-and-shoot, unless you have a special rule that says you can.

Oogie boogie boss
17-01-2014, 12:32
Ah, I see. Makes sense, cheers. And you still get to S+S even if the opponent fails the charge?

Brother Loki
17-01-2014, 12:53
Yes, you resolve the S&S after they declare the charge but before they roll the distance.

Oogie boogie boss
17-01-2014, 13:04
See, that's what I thought. Cheers guys.

SpanielBear
18-01-2014, 14:10
Indeed, the whole point about being able to stand and shoot at the failed charge is that the barrage is supposed to prevent the charge gaining momentum. If the charge fails, it's because the enemy unit was driven back by shooting.