PDA

View Full Version : Arch Enemies of the Orks

Barun Von Krump
18-01-2014, 20:56
The allies chart says Black Templars, Blood Angels, and Sisters of Battle. The codex mentions mainly IG and Tau conflicts. What about the Crimson Fists? Who are the Orks arch enemies?

Thorin Hubertson
18-01-2014, 21:37
I think Necrons should be counted to the orks' arch enemies, at least the Necrons from the Sautekh Dynasty. It is clear that the Phaeron Imotekh of this dynasty does not like the orks very much.

Dylius
18-01-2014, 22:30
I'd probably say the Crimson Fists are the Arch Enemies of the Orks. They virtually destroyed their chapter (even if it was, embarrassingly, their own missile which did the most damage).

Loginis
18-01-2014, 23:17
Other orkz, the rest is just fun.

Oh, and the allied matrix represents the possibility of ork mercenaries (mostliy blood axes and freebotaz), but most groups attack indiscriminately.

Abaraxas
19-01-2014, 00:12
Space Marines, and humies in general I reckon.

SardaukarPrimus
19-01-2014, 02:10
I personally don't think that the Orks have any real enemies, they just like to fight and it doesn't matter who. As for what Abaraxas said, I think that is because Orks would encounter the Imperium and humans the most. And also Space Marines provide a good fight so they might seek them out for a good brawl.

VanHel
19-01-2014, 03:08
I'd say the Tau. Here's why: Rather then give them a proper fight, the Tau would try to negotiate first!

Theocracity
19-01-2014, 14:18
The arch enemy of the Orks is boredom.

Or put another way, I wouldn't say that Orks really have 'arch enemies.' They have opponents, sure, some of whom are more fun to scrap with than others, but the term 'enemies' implies some sort of animosity or hatred - and I think Orks are too anarchic and self-centered to really experience those emotions.

Now if your question was 'who have Orks as their arch enemies,' then yeah I would say either Crimson Fists, Imperial Guard (particularly Armageddon) or Farsight Tau.

Felwether
19-01-2014, 14:44
I'd say the Tau. Here's why: Rather then give them a proper fight, the Tau would try to negotiate first!

Even the Tau have given up hope of negotiating with the Orks! They tend to just avoid them if they can.

Horus38
19-01-2014, 14:56
Now if your question was 'who have Orks as their arch enemies,' then yeah I would say either Crimson Fists, Imperial Guard (particularly Armageddon) or Farsight Tau.

Building off that is the Eldar. They had several massive conflicts with the Orks way back pre-Imperium/pre-Fall (with the Squats trading with both sides which pissed the Eldar off). Currently the Biel-tan Eldar have a particularly strong hatred for the greenskins.

Apologist
19-01-2014, 14:59
You'd probably get arch-enemies of individual ork groups rather than the species as a whole. The Blood Angels 3rd and Waaagh Ghazghkull are arch-enemies; the Crimson Fists and orks of Charadon are arch-enemies (it was the arch-arsonist of Charadon who led the Waaagh to Rynn's World); etc.

09philj
19-01-2014, 15:51
Orks like to bash everyone, but especially those which favor close combat, such as Kroot. They also hate the Tau for not fighting propa' with choppas.

Theocracity
19-01-2014, 23:34
Currently the Biel-tan Eldar have a particularly strong hatred for the greenskins.

I wouldn't peg Biel-tan as particularly hating Orks - no more so than they hate anyone who's not Eldar, at least.

You'd probably get arch-enemies of individual ork groups rather than the species as a whole. The Blood Angels 3rd and Waaagh Ghazghkull are arch-enemies; the Crimson Fists and orks of Charadon are arch-enemies (it was the arch-arsonist of Charadon who led the Waaagh to Rynn's World); etc.

This is true. Orks are a problem for everyone in the galaxy, but only in certain cases does it rise beyond the background count of conflict and into arch-enemy territory.

Horus38
20-01-2014, 17:33
I wouldn't peg Biel-tan as particularly hating Orks - no more so than they hate anyone who's not Eldar, at least.

You may want to bone up on your Eldar fluff then as it says this pretty much word for word in their codex :p it stems from their hatred for all xenos that encroach on their territory/maiden worlds, but orks especially as they are able to spread so quickly once they make planet fall and are a complete pain in the @ss to eradicate.

Theocracity
20-01-2014, 18:15
You may want to bone up on your Eldar fluff then as it says this pretty much word for word in their codex :p it stems from their hatred for all xenos that encroach on their territory/maiden worlds, but orks especially as they are able to spread so quickly once they make planet fall and are a complete pain in the @ss to eradicate.

I think we might just have different definitions of 'archenemy.'

I get that they hate Orks - it'd be pretty hard not to if your goal is to reclaim planets. But to me a Biel-Tan would view Orks like cockroaches - a more irritating lower life form to deal with than the other kind of lower life forms you regularly deal with. I don't think an Eldar would stoop to classifying a lesser species such as Orks as their arch enemies - they'd go for something more dignified than that. Orks meanwhile would probably just look at you funny and ask "Biel-what?"

But if you're defining archenemies as 'these two factions fight each other more than usual' then yes it would count.

madprophet
20-01-2014, 20:24
Orks can and do serve as mercenaries (especially Blood Axes) so they can logically ally with or fight against anyone (including other orks) without too much fluff explanation.

An Ork/Valhallan IG alliance or an Ork/Crimson Fist alliance or an Ork/Ordo Xenos alliance is a bit dodgy, but other than that? Blood Axes go where da teef is at....

Horus38
20-01-2014, 20:35
I think we might just have different definitions of 'archenemy.'

Indeed, I was going more for the 'this Eldar faction in particular hates orks above others for reasons x,y,z". So I agree that neither of those groups (Orks or Biel-Tan) would consider the other to be their 'arch enemy'.

Fangschrecken
21-01-2014, 03:09
Arch Enemy of the Orks?

Bath water and soap.

Dastardly 'fings. 'snot propah fah Orks.

Denny
21-01-2014, 13:55
Who are the Orks arch enemies?

Them uther orks over dere! They need a good krumping!

Kijamon
21-01-2014, 17:01
Idleness - the sure fire way to stop a Waaaaagh in its tracks

Still Standing
22-01-2014, 07:01
Arch enemies of the Orks as a whole are Necrons. The Orks were specifically engineered to fight them. Eldar are brothers to the Orks, everybody else are simply entertainment for them.

Denny
22-01-2014, 11:11
Eldar are brothers to the Orks.

Now that would make a good sitcom; an uptight Farseer and a laid back mek trying to make it in the big city.

'UrZagah! Are these your spores growing in my orchid garden? And don't tell me you've 'fixed' the toilet again . . .'

OrganicHamster
23-01-2014, 06:07
"The Orks are the pinnacle of creation. For them, the great struggle is won. They have evolved a society which knows no stress or angst. Who are we to judge them? We Eldar who have failed, or the Humans, on the road to ruin in their turn. And why? Because we sought answers to questions that an Ork wouldn't even bother to ask! We see a culture that is strong and despise it as crude."

From Culture vs. Kultur: Thoughts on Orkish Society by Uthan the Perverse, a controversial Eldar philosopher.

Actually from Waaargh: Orks, a Rogue Trader supplement.

Flame Boy
27-01-2014, 23:49
I would suggest the Imperium. They attempt to enforce order to the point of stagnation, which flies in the face of anything a right-minded Ork might stand for. If the status quo settles for too long in Ork society, they get bored and look for an excuse to start a fight.