PDA

View Full Version : I need advice for my Imperial Guard

Grand Master Azrael
19-01-2014, 05:56
Hey guys, I've started building a Krieg Assault Brigade (from Imperial Armour 12) instead of a Siege Regiment (from Imperial Armour 5). I'm thinking of starting a second Guard army, based around the Armoured Battlegroup (from Imperial Armour 1 Second Edition). The thing is, I'm not sure whether to make it based around Tallarn Desert Raiders or Armageddon Steel Legion. I would like to know what you think (And whether you know if Armageddon Steel Legion, Mordian Iron Guard, Valhallan Ice Warriors, Tallarn Desert Raiders and Vostrayan Firstborn will be released in plastic).

Borgomos
19-01-2014, 06:22
It is safe to say that Mordians, Valhallans, Vorstrayans and Tallarn Desert Raiders are not getting plastic releases anytime soon. There are rumors around for Steel Legion but i would take them with a grain of salt as well.

as for your second Imperial Guard force, i would go for Desert Raiders. Kriegers have overlapping elements with Steel Legion, so painting something different might provide more excitement.

Engel
19-01-2014, 06:22
I really dont get the question.
So you've just started an Krieg Assault Brigade and are considering what should be your next guard army ?

Stick with the Krieg, besides awesome miniatures they got some fun rules. Besides to paint up an guard army takes time and money especially krieg. Sure they lose a lot in options compare to regular guards and cant get as many special or heavy weapons but their cavalry are awesome, grenadiers are cool and engineers are fun.

If you are thinking about adding a armoured battlegroup as a support why not make it Krieg to?

Formerly Wu
19-01-2014, 06:26
The thing is, I'm not sure whether to make it based around Tallarn Desert Raiders or Armageddon Steel Legion. I would like to know what you think
They're functionally the same, so it's down to which style and theme you prefer. I would expect a themed Steel Legion army to feature more armoured fist squads, while a Tallarn would have more tanks supporting light infantry; but there's no rules binding you here.

(And whether you know if Armageddon Steel Legion, Mordian Iron Guard, Valhallan Ice Warriors, Tallarn Desert Raiders and Vostrayan Firstborn will be released in plastic).
Very unlikely to all. You can get close if you're willing to search various third party mini sites and do some conversion work.

Grand Master Azrael
19-01-2014, 06:47
Thanks. It's probably going to be a year or so before I start my armoured Battle group. I'm thinking of converting some Forge World Tallarn Snipers to have Lasguns for the Amroured Fist Squads.

Beppo1234
19-01-2014, 17:02
Steel Legion would fit in better with Krig I think. And judging by your tag, their colour scheme works really well with DAs as well.

Gimli_219
22-01-2014, 02:45
I would stick with klieg but if you are going all leman Russ's then you don't even need to choose, just don't have any body in the hatches.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

AngryAngel
22-01-2014, 03:01
I vote for the stick with death corps and build them up nicely. Then if you really want to spread to an armored battle group, me personally I'd pick steel legion I like their feel more then the others, however they are similar to the death corps.