PDA

View Full Version : Adeptus Mechanicus Psykers?

Rufiodies
20-01-2014, 07:30
The title says it.
Anyone ever heard of any Adeptus Mechanicus Psykers? Are they just too highly controlled by the imperium?
Is there some rule where the ad mec can't have psykers? or they would just use imperial ones?
I ask cause I was thinking about akashic reader (sp?) and it was a giant psychic machine, and wondered, who would be better at reading the dreams of the void dragon shard/void dragon under mars, than a psyker. They'd probably make an awesome forge lord dude,
If not them, I know they're so regimented, it would probably never happen, what about Dark Mechanicum?

TheBigBadWolf
20-01-2014, 08:02
Mmm, I dont think they have any, they would probably be gathered up by the Black Ships, the Imperium has the monopoly on Psykers.

Largo
20-01-2014, 10:02
There was a character in one of the Dark Heresy novels that was sent to the Ad Mech instead of being given up to the black ships. Can't remember the whole story of the top of my head but the INQ wasn't best pleased about it.

TrooperTino
20-01-2014, 15:10
I don't know of any psykers under direct mechanicus control, but there are some branches that deal with warprelated science:

Divisio Telepathica (Psychic weaponry)
Divisio Astrologicus (Astrophysics and astrology)
Divisio Astrographicus (Warp sciences)
Divisio Psykana (Psychic sciences)

Old fluff had psi-titans:

Divisio Telepathica
As a highly specialized Divisio, the Telepathica is somewhat smaller than the Mandati and Militaris Divisios. The Telepathica is responsible for the dreaded Psi-Titans.
Its orders are the Telepath Orders, each said to operate from a secret forge world near the heart of the Imperium.

Azazyll
20-01-2014, 16:39
My understanding is that many types of warp-experiments are prohibited explicitly by the Emperor himself. This was part of why the members of what would become the Dark Mechanicum rebelled.

However, with the loss of any distinction between sorcery and psychic ability after the retcon to Nikea, it's hard to make any kind of rational sense of Imperial policy.

Sai-Lauren
20-01-2014, 17:23
I don't know of any psykers under direct mechanicus control, but there are some branches that deal with warprelated science:

Divisio Telepathica (Psychic weaponry)
Divisio Astrologicus (Astrophysics and astrology)
Divisio Astrographicus (Warp sciences)
Divisio Psykana (Psychic sciences)

Old fluff had psi-titans:

Divisio Telepathica
As a highly specialized Divisio, the Telepathica is somewhat smaller than the Mandati and Militaris Divisios. The Telepathica is responsible for the dreaded Psi-Titans.
Its orders are the Telepath Orders, each said to operate from a secret forge world near the heart of the Imperium.
I'd agree - if there are any psykers under the AM's control, they're in such divisions.

The other alternative is technomancers - psykers who can influence electronic systems.

El_Machinae
21-01-2014, 12:35
I wonder if the equivalents of Grey Knight Techmarines would be nurtured? Being able to repair technology with your mind would be really handy when it comes to technology creation!

Arthanor
23-01-2014, 17:42
In Mechanicum, there is Dalia Cythera, who has a psychic gift relating to machines/technology akin to what I'd expect Mekboyz to have.

She was condemned for thinkering with her cogitator at work on Terra, but a mechanicum adept scooped her up to Mars before she got caught. She then goes on to work on the Akashic Reader that is supposed to gather all knowledge from the warp and eventually becomes the guardian of the Dragon, amplifying her power to the point where she can say "Machine, heal thyself." to fix stuff.

TheRedAngel
24-01-2014, 09:44
I remember reading about Mechanicus psykers who mainly used their powers to store immense amounts of information (Exa- or Zetabyte range), but that may have been fanfluff, so take with a pinch of salt.
IIRC they were a special organisation, trained exactly for this task, guarding especially precious information, too valuable or considered too dangerous to be stored in a conventional way.

Maybe in one of the old Citadel Journals?

Polaria
24-01-2014, 10:17
I distinctly remember reading an article in Lexicanum website about Adeptus Mechanicus psykers permanently interred into some sort of machine and forming a Adeptus Mechanicus communications network. However, Lexicanum site times out for me so I can't check the actual source.

Ordo Hydra
26-01-2014, 22:35
I distinctly remember reading an article in Lexicanum website about Adeptus Mechanicus psykers permanently interred into some sort of machine and forming a Adeptus Mechanicus communications network. However, Lexicanum site times out for me so I can't check the actual source.

Lexicanum lists it as being Codex Titanicus (2nd Edition), pg. 10. Basically, they are psychic servitors designed to link every Forge World and Mechanicus temple to the High Altar of Technology on Mars through a living Transmat system.