PDA

View Full Version : How thick are the Realm of Battle Gameboard pieces?

The Emperor
20-01-2014, 20:03
So they're 2' wide by 2' long, but how thick are they? I'd appreciate an answer ASAP. Thanks. :)

The Custodian
20-01-2014, 20:18
About a centimeter if i remember correctly... Somewhere between that and half an inch on the flat edges. Unless you mean plastic itself since its all vacuum formed.

anchorbine
21-01-2014, 06:07
So they're 2' wide by 2' long, but how thick are they? I'd appreciate an answer ASAP. Thanks. :)

It depends on how you want to measure the thickness. If you are simply going by viewing it from the outside, it varies depending on whether or not you are using a hill piece. Even if you look at it from the thinnest angle, it's thinner yet if you view the pieces from underneath. It's pretty thin, but reinforced with grid underneath. I have one, and it's pretty darn sturdy.

Greyshadow
21-01-2014, 10:03
It is pretty sturdy. Do you mean the total thickness as it appears from the side on the flat pieces? Probably about 18 mm. Or, are you thinking about cutting in to it? If, so maybe around 1.5 to 2 mm off the top of my head. (Not including the lattice that gives it strength here). I will say that, although it is expensive, it is very good quality - although the points where the clips grab on to lock it together could be a bit stronger. You could break the clip mounts if you didn't take a little care when pulling it apart.

dalezzz
21-01-2014, 12:25
I'm guessing he's making modular board sections and would like them to be compatible? I couldn't find the answaer to this anywhere on the internet either when I did it :p

it's 11mm in the flat areas