PDA

View Full Version : Archon build

Beattie
20-01-2014, 22:10
Does giving an Dark eldar archon a husk blade and venom blade make him wound on a 2+ at ap 2?

squeekenator
20-01-2014, 22:23
No. You choose one weapon to attack with, and use that weapon's profile only.

Retrospectus
20-01-2014, 23:59
^ that, you either wound on 2 or have AP 2. it does give you some flexibility (like power fist and lightning claw on a SM captain) and an extra attack for having 2 weapons

Beattie
21-01-2014, 08:28
Damn, thats what i thought but had to check, So as far as dealing with MC (new nids) what do you think the plan is to abuse his high wp and attacks to activate the soul trap

squeekenator
21-01-2014, 08:34
The plan is the same as it's always been, tear them apart with splinter weapons and dark lances. Dark Eldar shooting absolutely annihilates monsters, there's no reason for them to survive long enough to hit assault.

Beattie
21-01-2014, 08:44
There only allies for my Eldar so weight of fire is an issue

List i have so far will be something like

Avatar - monster hunter, crushing blow
Farseer - jetbike- spear

10 Storm guardians - 2 flamers - Serpent scatterlaser
10 Guardian defenders - Shuriken cannon - Serpent scatterlaser
6 jetbikes -2 cannons

Fireprism
4 Darkreapers - exarch fastshot- all starshot missles
2 x warwalkers scatterlaser- bright lance

5 warpspiders - exarch fastshot spineret rifle

Allies

Archon - shadowfield sould trap - tbc

Wracks x 10 raider 2 x liquifiers

9 warriors - raider

Still a few points to spend but thats the main force im bringing.

All i know about my opponent is he has a crone and venomthrope brood and a fex

Vipoid
21-01-2014, 11:29
The plan is the same as it's always been, tear them apart with splinter weapons and dark lances. Dark Eldar shooting absolutely annihilates monsters, there's no reason for them to survive long enough to hit assault.

Basically this.

The thing for me is that I struggle to find a reason to even bring an Archon. Assault is the last place I want any of my models, so why should I buy an expensive assault lord? Better IMO to just bring a Haemonculus and give one of my units FNP.

There only allies for my Eldar so weight of fire is an issue

List i have so far will be something like

Avatar - monster hunter, crushing blow
Farseer - jetbike- spear

10 Storm guardians - 2 flamers - Serpent scatterlaser
10 Guardian defenders - Shuriken cannon - Serpent scatterlaser
6 jetbikes -2 cannons

Fireprism
4 Darkreapers - exarch fastshot- all starshot missles
2 x warwalkers scatterlaser- bright lance

5 warpspiders - exarch fastshot spineret rifle

Allies

Archon - shadowfield sould trap - tbc

Wracks x 10 raider 2 x liquifiers

9 warriors - raider

Still a few points to spend but thats the main force im bringing.

All i know about my opponent is he has a crone and venomthrope brood and a fex

A couple of questions:

1) Where is your Archon going, and why bring him? It looks like the only assault units in your army are the Wracks - but they're already 10 strong so if you attach the Archon then they have to walk across the field.

2) Are the 10-man Wrack squads necessary? It seems like you're spending a lot of points on 2 pretty awful elite units.

3) I don't use allies, so sorry if I've got this wrong - but don't you need two troop choices for your ally? You only appear to have one.

Beattie
21-01-2014, 12:29
1) Where is your Archon going, and why bring him? It looks like the only assault units in your army are the Wracks - but they're already 10 strong so if you attach the Archon then they have to walk across the field.
He goes with warriors (yeah not a great place but other than incubi who are not great where else)

2) Are the 10-man Wrack squads necessary? It seems like you're spending a lot of points on 2 pretty awful elite units

I like wracks they dont suck in combat and there liquifier can do alot of damage (venomthrope)
3) I don't use allies, so sorry if I've got this wrong - but don't you need two troop choices for your ally? You only appear to have one.
only need one troops for allies

Thanks for all the advise so far guys

Menthak
21-01-2014, 18:29
He goes with warriors (yeah not a great place but other than incubi who are not great where else)

2) Are the 10-man Wrack squads necessary? It seems like you're spending a lot of points on 2 pretty awful elite units

I like wracks they dont suck in combat and there liquifier can do alot of damage (venomthrope)
only need one troops for allies

Thanks for all the advise so far guys

You're correct, page 109 of the main rulebook. Only one HQ and one Troop choice.