PDA

View Full Version : potential new player

Shadow Walker
21-01-2014, 11:17
Hi
I am big nids fan since 2ed [I played Warzone then and saw conversion rules for Tyranids and fell in love with them ]. I read all fluff I could find but never played [no money, time etc.] Now it could be moment that I join TT but before I make my decision I have few questions:
1. Because of 2ed nostalgia I would like to build some minis resembling close old versions [like Tyrant with Venom Cannon and Lash Whip/Bone Sword, Screamer Killer Carnifex or Warriors with Deathspitter/Rending Claws]. Will they be playable? I want play for fun but it would be nice to win from time to time.
2. Similar to above I would like to build some minis because I like they look [T-fex with Fleshborer Hive]. Will they be playable?
3. New Swarm box looks tempting because it will be probably all small bugs I would ever need. I want to play small battles rather than huge ones. Are nids good for 1000 point ones?
I would be grateful for any advice

Menthak
21-01-2014, 18:30
Hi
I am big nids fan since 2ed [I played Warzone then and saw conversion rules for Tyranids and fell in love with them ]. I read all fluff I could find but never played [no money, time etc.] Now it could be moment that I join TT but before I make my decision I have few questions:
1. Because of 2ed nostalgia I would like to build some minis resembling close old versions [like Tyrant with Venom Cannon and Lash Whip/Bone Sword, Screamer Killer Carnifex or Warriors with Deathspitter/Rending Claws]. Will they be playable? I want play for fun but it would be nice to win from time to time.
2. Similar to above I would like to build some minis because I like they look [T-fex with Fleshborer Hive]. Will they be playable?
3. New Swarm box looks tempting because it will be probably all small bugs I would ever need. I want to play small battles rather than huge ones. Are nids good for 1000 point ones?
I would be grateful for any advice

1) Yes
2) Should be
3) Yes

insectum7
21-01-2014, 18:56
Swarm box is a great deal. Seriously, if I had the time to commit to them I'd buy three of 'em.

bhusus
21-01-2014, 23:13
Swarm box is a great deal. Seriously, if I had the time to commit to them I'd buy three of 'em.

This - if I didn't already have somewhere in the realm of 120 gants and 60 gaunts, I would be all over that box set - such a good deal.

Shadow Walker
22-01-2014, 08:04
Thanks for your help guys :)

lesniall
22-01-2014, 16:36
Hope you get it and post us the photos of your force when you are up and running!