PDA

View Full Version : 13th Company Space Wolves - Growing the warband

keatsmeister
23-01-2014, 18:51
Hey guys

Been running my 13th Company for a while, using Codex Space Wolves. Until now, I've primarily stuck to using either looted vehicles or having each unit footslogging it, and to be fair with reasonable success. One thing I have been looking at it modelling some Warp apertures as proxy alternatives for Drop Pods, representative of the Rune Priests using their Gate abilities to bring the 13th Company into the fight. Figured this could be a very cool concept, and I'd love to try something like this for one of my future games, as my friends and I generally love stuff like this in our games. I was also looking at possibly having some forked lightning made from some wiring that could be attached to the gates which would be the WYSIWYG explanation for why the gate could cause casualties with the effectiveness of a drop-pod mounted Storm Bolter.

In terms of what I'm looking to do, I had considered using some kind of clear setting plastic/resin to create a spherical object with a singular flat surface from which a 13th Company Wolf would be emerging, with the clear plastic coloured to create a swirling effect representative of the warp, but with enough transparency to see at least some of the emerging wolf within the aperture.

Has anyone tried, or seen something similar attempted?

Similarly, has anyone attempted a 6th edition 13th Company ruleset?

Thanks in advance

Langdon
23-01-2014, 19:45
Has anyone tried, or seen something similar attempted?

Similarly, has anyone attempted a 6th edition 13th Company ruleset?

Thanks in advance

Haven't attempted it.. as I am rubbish at that sort of thing.

But 13th in 6th ed I have used them as a more feral looking thing... Fun times with Canis count as and "wolves"

Serpent
24-01-2014, 06:15
I've built a "Summoning Circle" from the Arcane Ruins set. The monolithical piece in the centre, pillars tightly around it and the space in between them filled with plasticard. Paintball the plasticard like it was a swirling warp portal.

No pictures right now, but I'll get some after the weekend.