PDA

View Full Version : Remains in play spell and losing a spell level

Ruront
24-01-2014, 07:49
Hello all

yesterday I lost because of a light magic 6th spell (remains in play). This spell was cast with irresistable force and did tons of damage. It happens. But after the spell was resolved, the spell was lost because the wizard lost her lvl. So the question is:

Does the spell remains in play after the wizard lost its level and lost the spell ?

Lyynark
24-01-2014, 08:41
Bironas timewarp (Light magic #6) is not a RIP spell, it's active until the start of the casters next magic phase. And if successfully cast it will remain in effect even if the casting wizard should lose the spell or even die.
In fact, there are no Remains in play spells in the lore of light.

Ruront
24-01-2014, 09:07
Thanks

(and adding words to allow this message to be placed)

Lyynark
24-01-2014, 09:11
As for the other question, I'm not sure what happens when a wizard loses a RiP spell that is in effect. I'm inclined to think that the spell remains in play even if the spell is lost since all the wizards is doing at that point is to feed it magical power. However, once ended the spell cannot be cast again.
If the wizard dies then it will end instantly.

Ravenar
24-01-2014, 09:56
Page 6 of the Rulebook FAQ has your answer:

- Basically the RiP spells stays in effect if the wizard forgets it OR is reduced to level 0.

As far as how long the RiP spells stays in effect after the casting wizard's death, I thought there was an actual rule for that as well. I do not have my book on me to check but immediately ending does not sound correct.

Kalandros
27-01-2014, 10:00
RiP end immediately when the wizard dies. It doesn't last a second longer.