PDA

View Full Version : WoC Slaanesh thought.

King Arthur
24-01-2014, 22:20
I have had a recent thought as you more commonly see mark of khorne nurgle and tzeentch more often than Slaanesh and feel this may be the solution. How about armor piercing? Not too oop and for 2pts a model on par with the other marks would make quite a nice solution. Thoughts?

Knifeparty
24-01-2014, 22:21
I always wanted +1 movement and Initiative. Chosen get ASF.

SteveW
24-01-2014, 22:53
With how bad it is for WoC to lose a unit to panic, the immune to panic that Slannesh get is already good.

GenerationTerrorist
25-01-2014, 17:41
Slaanesh is a deadly WoC build in the right hands. I think it is fine as is.
The magic is also so under-rated compared to Nurgle/Tzeentch.

inq.serge
25-01-2014, 18:01
The Slaaneshi sorclord on daemonic mount w/ spellfam, Lore of Slaanesh and 4+ ward save is underrated. (Had one miscast every single magic phase one game without losing any wounds or levels.)

Slaaneshi is good. It's cheap and gives a great bonus.

Odin
25-01-2014, 23:06
With how bad it is for WoC to lose a unit to panic, the immune to panic that Slannesh get is already good.

Problem is, Khorne are immune to panic as well, and get an extra attack too.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

SteveW
25-01-2014, 23:20
Problem is, Khorne are immune to panic as well, and get an extra attack too.

True, but with how easy it is to frenzy bait them there's still a use for the cheaper mark.

Odin
25-01-2014, 23:22
True, but with how easy it is to frenzy bait them there's still a use for the cheaper mark.

Easy? Ld 8 usually with a re-roll?

SteveW
26-01-2014, 00:00
Easy? Ld 8 usually with a re-roll?

Usually? How much of your table can be covered by a 12" bubble?

SpanielBear
26-01-2014, 03:48
Usually? How much of your table can be covered by a 12" bubble?

Well presumably 24 inches....

frenka
26-01-2014, 14:15
Beeing immune to fear, terror and panic while still having the option to flee a charge is amazing imo? And even if you got your Khorne units in the BSB range. How are you gonna keep them from beeing forced to prusue?

inq.serge
26-01-2014, 14:43
Beeing immune to fear, terror and panic while still having the option to flee a charge is amazing imo? And even if you got your Khorne units in the BSB range. How are you gonna keep them from beeing forced to prusue?

Yeah, Slaaneshi is almost a must-have on horsemen, and hellstriders are slaaneshi-only.

theunwantedbeing
26-01-2014, 17:20
Beeing immune to fear, terror and panic while still having the option to flee a charge is amazing imo?
Indeed, it's quite handy as they don't have to be babysat by the general so they're free to roam around the board.
Then again, is it really so handy that it requires paying extra for it? I'm not so sure to be honest.

And even if you got your Khorne units in the BSB range. How are you gonna keep them from beeing forced to prusue?
You can't, but it's so unlikely to be a bad thing that it's not an issue.

People blow the whole "must charge" and "forced persuit" thing completely out of proportion, they're both incredibly minor effects that rarely happen.

As to the topic, armour piercing would be nice for slaanesh stuff.
It makes them a bit different to the others and actually provides some noticable benefit rather than something that may or may not happen.

Khorne - frenzy, self explanitory really, this is huge.
Nurgle - -1 to hit, again hugely useful
Tzeentch - Better ward save, always handy and useful
Slaanesh - immunity to panic, fear & terror...given such things do little anyway, it's not much of a benefit compared to the others.

So armour piercing would be very nice, as would +1 movement.
+1 initiative is too much given how chaos warriors with it would be in6 and go before basically everyone, it's almost the equivalent of ASF.

kramplarv
26-01-2014, 18:00
I wish marks gave different stuff to different units.

frenka
26-01-2014, 18:47
Indeed, it's quite handy as they don't have to be babysat by the general so they're free to roam around the board.
Then again, is it really so handy that it requires paying extra for it? I'm not so sure to be honest.

You can't, but it's so unlikely to be a bad thing that it's not an issue.

People blow the whole "must charge" and "forced persuit" thing completely out of proportion, they're both incredibly minor effects that rarely happen.

As to the topic, armour piercing would be nice for slaanesh stuff.
It makes them a bit different to the others and actually provides some noticable benefit rather than something that may or may not happen.

Khorne - frenzy, self explanitory really, this is huge.
Nurgle - -1 to hit, again hugely useful
Tzeentch - Better ward save, always handy and useful
Slaanesh - immunity to panic, fear & terror...given such things do little anyway, it's not much of a benefit compared to the others.

So armour piercing would be very nice, as would +1 movement.
+1 initiative is too much given how chaos warriors with it would be in6 and go before basically everyone, it's almost the equivalent of ASF.

There is a reason why almost all competitive lists nowdays only use nurgle/slaanesh for units and Tzeentch for chars. (with exception of crushers who can't pick another mark.)
WoC isn't exactly the best team for clearing enemy chaff? What do you do when your opponent parks his redirectors infront of your skullcrushers?
Frenzy is really a big drawback in most cases. Sure you get +1 attack and become ITP (but ITP can be a downside sometimes to), and the risk of having to charge/having to prusue is REALLY bad....

shakedown47
28-01-2014, 04:22
I can't believe anyone would prefer Frenzy over any of the other three benefits. Versus Slaanesh, Khorne gives you +1 attack, the inability to flee charges, forced pursuits and overruns. It's a gigantic liability in an army list that doesn't have much in the way of shooting and often has better targets for magic damage than harassing chaff. Really, of any benefit you could give a unit in the WoC army book, +1 attack has to be the least useful, I mean the entire book is chock full of attacks, +1 isn't really even worth paying for. Anyone who doesn't think the dangers of overrunning or pursuing at opponent-defined angles needs to find a better class of opponent. The reason Hysterical Frenzy is such an amazing spell is because being able to force an opponent's unit to become frenzied is an insanely powerful and game-changing debuff.

I split lists about 50/50 between Tzeentch and Slaanesh with the new book, and was almost solely Slaanesh in the last. Now that marks are paid per model, the drastically lower cost of Slaanesh is often too enticing to pass up. Sure, with leadership bubbles and re-rolls it's not often that you'll fail a check on ld 8/9/10 but it can and does happen and with an army almost exclusively made of 400+ point units it can be devastating when it does. Slaanesh is just pure, cheap insurance and the accompanying magic lore is incredibly fun to use.

Dirty Mac
29-01-2014, 00:04
Got my first game vs Vamps soon, Everything in their army causes Terror or Fear, so Slaanesh , and Khorne Might be the way to go.

popisdead
29-01-2014, 00:10
I always wanted +1 movement and Initiative. Chosen get ASF.

Because we need Druchi anointed again and nullifying Khorne and Elves in one go :/