PDA

View Full Version : The Badab War

Grand Master Azrael
29-01-2014, 07:10
Hey guys, I need advice on two things.
1: Advice on how to get players who have the right armies to play a Badab War Campaign.
2: Advice on collecting the Minotaurs Chapter (which I'm starting soon)

Slayer-Fan123
29-01-2014, 07:41
I'm not sure. I simply have those chapter rules for the 6th edition codex (though I did once try to incorporate Asterion Moloc in my Crimson Fists while I had the 5th edition codex for awhile. That was neat).

Now I read over the CT: Minotaurs, and it seems like it's just a couple bonuses that don't really give focus on making a list. What did you want to incorporate exactly?

Grand Master Azrael
29-01-2014, 08:11
Space Marines, Veterans (Vanguard and Terminator), and Land Raiders. Oh and Asterion Moloc+Ivanus Enkomi

Sir Didymus
29-01-2014, 09:25
Easiest way to get players is just asking them.. Cookies might help too ;)

Grand Master Azrael
29-01-2014, 09:35
The problem is, there are only other players I know who have Badab war armies. One has Charcharadons and the other is considering starting a Salamanders army. There aren't any seccesionists or Red Scorpions.

AndrewGPaul
29-01-2014, 15:05
In that case, just recruit Space Marine (and a token Guard) player, regardless of colour scheme. The Imperial Fists never rebelled against the Imperium alongside the Blood Angels, while fighting the Space Wolves, Sons of Orar and Black Templars? They did in your universe! :)

Grand Master Azrael
29-01-2014, 20:33
I'm trying to make this as fluff-accurate as possible, draconian though that might sound.

stormtrooper154
29-01-2014, 20:42
Why not use the alternate campaign set from IA:9 - it even suggests alternate forces.

Our club started a Badab War campaign last night. We have 3 for each side and 5 of us are doing forces loyal to the fluff and one is going to repaint his Ultramarines into Nova marines. We did start planning this back in september and are having dedicated campaign nights every 2 months, increasing game sizes by 250pts per phase so it keeps people plodding away at their armies.

AndrewGPaul
29-01-2014, 20:46
I'm trying to make this as fluff-accurate as possible, draconian though that might sound.

So you're going to buy and paint all the forces required? Because that's the only option for you.