PDA

View Full Version : 2 simple Lizardman question

Soulless
02-02-2014, 18:45
1. How many dices for impact rolls charging stegadon ?

2. Terradons - fly and fastcav together - how this works exactly :) Are thay skimrish ? do they remove ranks if thay charge with 6 models ? and so on do thay get vanguard ?

Valaraukar
02-02-2014, 21:14
1. 1D6+1
2. Yes to all of those they are flying monstrous cavalry so skirmishers ranks of 3, supporting attacks from riders only, cancel steadfast in flank with 2 ranks so 6 etc. also fast cavalry so yes to vanguard etc.

Ramius4
02-02-2014, 22:18
cancel steadfast in flank with 2 ranks so 6 etc.

Wrong. First off, cancelling ranks does not get rid of Steadfast (only being in certain types of terrain, or having less ranks than the enemy does that). Second, you need 2 ranks of 5 or more models to cancel ranks. Third, Skirmishers can never take away rank bonus.

dementian
03-02-2014, 01:19
I agree they can't break Steadfast due to being skirmishers, but can you reference needing ranks of 5 monstrous inf/cav/beasts instead of the normal 3 models required for their rank/rank bonus

Blkc57
03-02-2014, 01:24
cancel steadfast in flank with 2 ranks so 6 etc.

This statement is incorrect sir, skirmishers have no ranks and cannot in turn break ranks. Also the above poster is correct in that normally monstrous cav are allowed to form one rank with three models, but the point is moot for flying cav since they are auto skirmishers.

SteveW
03-02-2014, 01:48
Wrong. First off, cancelling ranks does not get rid of Steadfast (only being in certain types of terrain, or having less ranks than the enemy does that). Second, you need 2 ranks of 5 or more models to cancel ranks. Third, Skirmishers can never take away rank bonus.

Monstrous ranks are 3, not 5. The rest you had right.

Ramius4
03-02-2014, 16:43
Monstrous ranks are 3, not 5. The rest you had right.

Yes they are, but unless the rulebook errata makes an exception to the normal rule, you still need 2 ranks of 5 or more models to negate rank bonus.

I have not bothered to read the errata, so what you're saying might be true.

SteveW
03-02-2014, 17:01
Yes they are, but unless the rulebook errata makes an exception to the normal rule, you still need 2 ranks of 5 or more models to negate rank bonus.

I have not bothered to read the errata, so what you're saying might be true.

Monstrous ranks rule says "wherever the rules say 'a rank of five', treat it as reading 'a rank of three'. It needs no FAQ or errata, it's right there in the rulebook.

Ramius4
03-02-2014, 17:08
Monstrous ranks rule says "wherever the rules say 'a rank of five', treat it as reading 'a rank of three'. It needs no FAQ or errata, it's right there in the rulebook.

Well I'll be damned, there is that. Next time I'll be sure and have my second cup of coffee before responding (no, I really won't). :p

Soulless
14-02-2014, 22:51
pavene of slanesh vs cold blooded ?

Mr_Rose
14-02-2014, 23:31
Following the precedent set with the Ark of the Covenant; roll 4D6 and discard the highest.