PDA

View Full Version : How big is the Black Orc Big Boss compared to other Orc models?

gorenut
03-02-2014, 20:29
I'm curious on how big the Black Orc Big Boss is compared to other Orc models. I'm talking about the one that is sold individually with the mask adorned with huge tusks, axe, and shield.

Is he about the same size as the standard Black Orcs? Closer to the size of Grimgor? Or.. Gork forbid.. actually smaller than your standard Black Orcs?

Photo comparisons not necessary, but greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Wash
03-02-2014, 20:46
He's not a ton bigger. I actually use him as a BSB. Fits in the unit fine.

I picked up the forge world models though, which are fn massive compared to regular orcs. Love em!

SteveW
03-02-2014, 20:59
186572 He isn't any bigger really.

gorenut
03-02-2014, 21:05
Thanks for the fast reply. Not surprised.. seems like Fantasy Orcs are lacking in size compared to their 40k counterparts. I understand there is a great deal in consideration due to ranking, etc.

I thought about the FW models.. but I'm not a huge fan of resin for smaller models. Some of the parts seem really delicate without enough of the flex that plastic has (I've had experience with parts like chains just snapping from a breeze).

gorenut
03-02-2014, 21:07
SteveW.. thanks a bunch.. thats perfect. Yea.. I'll probably pass. Seems like the only thing that really distinguishes him over the other Black Orcs is his helmet and shield. Everything else seems rather stale and sizewise, kinda disappointing.

SteveW
03-02-2014, 21:09
He's a great model but his detail is mostly lost when being ranked up. I prefer the grimgor model also in one of the pictures.

gorenut
03-02-2014, 22:26
Yea, that was my alternate plan.. using Grimgor's body but replacing the Empire head hand with something else and possibly his head with the Black Orc head.