PDA

View Full Version : Purchasing bikes, need advice

dashzed
03-02-2014, 21:08
So I'm going to get 10 bikes for my white scars, and I found a pretty good deal on the old bike squad, this one here: http://chaosorc.com/warhammer-40k-space-marine-bike-squadron-new-boxed-set-p-41.html

Now, is there any reason I should get the new box of three instead of this one, or is this one actually a better value since it includes the special weapons?

Navar
03-02-2014, 21:18
I think it would depend on how you plan to equip them, and how good the deal is.

dashzed
03-02-2014, 23:07
I'm basically just wondering if anyone knows the difference between the old and new boxes.

dashzed
04-02-2014, 04:49
Anyone? I just need to know before I make the purchase.

frikandel speciaal
04-02-2014, 06:38
I don't like them. Basically every Sergeant is the same and there is not much to find in those boxes
For example, Ravenwing bikes give you a lot of bits in the box, allthough they are not really useful for White Scars.
I think another bad thing regarding those old bikers are the old cavalery bases.

T10
04-02-2014, 06:59
Bear in mind that a full bike squad is 8 bikes + 1 attack bike. :)

Incidentally, I bought a full bike squad (as above) 1-pack sets. Seeing as the new 3-pack is simply 3 basic bikes with no options, you just got to ask yourself how much those special bits are worth to you. Seeing as my own space marine army is well under way, I've had the opportunity to mix things up with the basic kits: Head swaps, torsos, bolt pistol arms and what-not. Bear in mind what special bits you can trade before paying for more. :)

-T10

Mandragola
04-02-2014, 17:21
I suppose you could use the sergeant with the sword as Khan - maybe with a bit more work on him. The melta and plasma guns are both pretty useful options.

The bikes are the same. Exactly the same models, just with 3 torsos to stick on them for sergeant and 2 special weapons. They are very old, but the quality is about the same as on the plastic bikers.

gwarsh41
05-02-2014, 22:34
The posing of the minis and the weapons included are probably the only changes. The legs and bikes are identical. So if you have additional bits lying around, you can do with the bikes as you please.