PDA

View Full Version : Empire Players - How do you equip your Peg Captains?

Ero-Senin
04-02-2014, 14:15
Just as the topic says I am interested in how people equip their Captains on Pegusas. I go for full plate, shield, dragonhelm, sword of might and peg (so he is S5, 1+As) not sure if this is the best loadout but it keeps him cheap.

Lord Solar Plexus
04-02-2014, 14:34
How do you equip your other Captasi?

There are literally dozens of decent loadouts. Dawnstone, enchanted shield, a ward of some description, charmed shield, with a lance to go WM hunting, with a cheapo magic weapon for anti-ethereal duties, Dragonbane Gem and and and. The possibilities are nearly endless.

Jind_Singh
04-02-2014, 14:48
I keep him cheap and cheerful - normally with a charmed shield - I dont upgrade the mount either - and use him as a distraction unit

But with so many point sinks (there is sooooo much I always want to include in the army!!) he quite often is left at home!

Ero-Senin
04-02-2014, 15:37
How do you equip your other Captasi?

There are literally dozens of decent loadouts. Dawnstone, enchanted shield, a ward of some description, charmed shield, with a lance to go WM hunting, with a cheapo magic weapon for anti-ethereal duties, Dragonbane Gem and and and. The possibilities are nearly endless.

I only have one peg capatin. Do most people use two? I cant justify taking the hero options away from other parts of the army.

forseer of fates
04-02-2014, 20:31
I would rather just have another cannon, personal preference.

Lord Solar Plexus
04-02-2014, 23:01
That was a bit tongue in cheek. I don't know if most people use two...I guess most people don't even use one. ;) I know a guy over on Warhammer-Empire uses four, I use two whenever it is possible (2,500 points and up). The mobility is pretty ace and gives you lots of options.

Wesser
04-02-2014, 23:22
Usually enchanted shield for the 1+ save as well as a Sword of Might.

In addition to ethereal concerns it's the most flexible loadout...... but I rarely use him... I'm a sucker for trying to squeeze a Griffon Lord into my lists as I feel griffons are more "Empire-ish" than pegasi..... oh why can't characters ride Demigryphs.. :(

Lord Solar Plexus
05-02-2014, 07:55
Not sure if it has been said already but are you using a Bretonnian Pegasus? ;)

Novrain
05-02-2014, 08:37
I am often tempted into using the terror helmet - the Captain isnt handing out his leadership to anyone but himself anyway, and it can work wonders out on the flanks away from the enemies BSB / General bubble. Plus it helps him against fear / terror causers

Lord Solar Plexus
05-02-2014, 09:58
That's not a terribly bad choice either unless the BSB is your only Captasus. I usually run that guy in a unit of Spearmen so that he cannot be picked out by regular shooting early game and the second one on his own wherever I think he's needed. The mask of Eek could actually help him in some situations. I think I did that once or twice together with a Bloodroar Griffon, a Stank (forces at least some fear tests) and double Lore of Heavens for double Iceshard Blizzards.

Ero-Senin
05-02-2014, 11:56
Not sure if it has been said already but are you using a Bretonnian Pegasus? ;)

I am using the Bretonnian peg. I wanted to swap the horse head for one from the knightly order box but it seems much smaller.

Dark Aly
05-02-2014, 12:18
I use the old 4th ed model and usually go cheap charmed shield, lance, full plate. Shame aldred's casket doesn't exist anymore :(

Valaraukar
05-02-2014, 20:29
I often go for enchanted shield, full plate, lance and ruby ring of ruin for taking out annoying units and chaff as he's mobile so can get in range of whatever he needs whilst setting up a charge for the next turn and then surprise your opponent when he thinks you're out of spells. Used to love running one with aldred's casket back in the old book!

sandstorm
06-02-2014, 11:43
I run my BSB as the only pegasus. Lance, Dragonhelm and Dawnstone for 1+ rerollable. This gives you so many options. If there is a big unit of beasts of nurgle you need stuck, fly this guy into them and they will be stuck there all day. Hexwraiths crumble to this guy, one of the worst units for Empire to have to deal with. In my last 2 games in game one this guy beat and ran down a Bastilidon on the charge, then took a Searing Doom from my opponent and acted as a trollface.jpeg dispel scroll. Game 2 he beat and ran down a Gorebeast Chariot. I think some people really underestimate the need for this type of character to have either the Dragonhelm or Dragonbane Gem. Something to consider.