PDA

View Full Version : Scibor Dwarfs

cyberspite
04-02-2014, 23:44
So I've been slowly collecting an oop marauder dwarf army for a while now and was thinking of picking up some of the new dwarfs once they're released later this month, provided they wouldn't look too odd next to each other.

But then I found these from Scibor:

miners (http://sciborminiatures.com/en_,shop.php?group=132)
possible clansmen (http://sciborminiatures.com/en_,shop.php?art=1883)

I must say I much prefer the style of these to the games workshop dwarfs (although the new longbeards/hammerers are still nice models), and I think they would fit better with my old marauders, but I was wondering if anyone here has any experience with Scibor minis.

Basically how's the casting quality? They are resin so I would like to avoid any bubbles or warped weapons and the like, also they are 28mm scale so hopefully should fit in well with the marauder stuff.

Price-wise they're roughly on a par with the new GW stuff, but if anyone knows a good place that sells Scibor and gives a decent discount that would be much appreciated. I had a look around but most places seem to only hold a few of the minis.

rwphillipsstl
05-02-2014, 13:26
I thought Wayland games in the UK, and the Warstore in the USA sell Scibor dwarfs. You can also find them usually on Ebay. I just ordered some from an Ebay seller called troll trader in the UK--I ordered the dwarf king on bear model as a general figure. Supposedly the quality is very good for Scibor.

cyberspite
05-02-2014, 22:14
Thanks for that, I will check them out.

Craze_b0i
05-02-2014, 22:24
Just as a warning Scribor dwarfs are a bit bigger than GW dwarfs. They might look ok if you keep them separate but they definitely won't fit together in the same unit.

cyberspite
05-02-2014, 23:49
Ahh ok, that's what I was worried about. I know they come with scenic bases which would make them a bit taller, but I was planning on getting some scenic for my marauders to help tie them all together anyway. Guess I'll just have to get some and compare them dwarf to dwarf.

gorenut
06-02-2014, 02:30
Think here is a size comparison. Not my pic, but found it on Bugman's Brewery. 186715

Craze_b0i
06-02-2014, 10:31
Yeh personally I think they have some great sculpts, it is only the size thing that stops me buying them. The vast majority looks big the guy on the right.

cyberspite
06-02-2014, 23:39
Thanks for the comparison Gorenut, I think I could live with the size difference, the guy on the right is only slightly larger and he is wearing heavy armour. The thing that strikes me though is how big the head and hands are on the marauder dwarf.

I still think I will pick a few up though, give them a lick of paint and see how it goes.