PDA

View Full Version : Blood angel stuff

Bloodangeldante
05-02-2014, 01:19
Ok so I have about 2500 points of blood angels (I don't feel like naming what I have at the moment) but that's not the point.. The point is does anyone know if sanguinary guard is good? Also I would like to know what units I should get if I want a fun game... Not only for winning

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

Azazyll
05-02-2014, 03:36
My understanding is that they aren't terribly effective for the points. Much better after the 6th ed power weapon nerf, but then again also suffering from the general nerf to melee in 6th.

zoodog
05-02-2014, 18:28
The Nipplewing (using dante for SG troops) hasn't been very good for awhile, they end up being ok as a single unit but you almost have to have a banner, priest, and frequently another character. When something runs you 400 pts it better be good, but it is frequently too much or too little when fighting other armies currently. The current favorites of tau and elder are using either high weight of fire or AP 2 so their big advantage is decreased. The consensus is that at current marine codex price there about 10-12 points overcosted per model which is also hard to overcome.

While the blood angels did ok with the transition to 6th, they are doing poorly with the current meta and the update to the marine codex makes them show there age even more.

Bloodangeldante
05-02-2014, 23:10
At the moment no one I've battle has tau or eldar.. The people I'm fighting have either some space marine chapter or necrons, also what should I get for blood angels if not sanguinary gaurs.. How bout that stormraven gunship

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

Bloodangeldante
05-02-2014, 23:14
Or possibly more assault marines

Dkoz
06-02-2014, 08:03
2 SRG are pretty solid and not a bad investment.

soullessginger
06-02-2014, 11:59
Personally I don't use flyers (you are only feeding GWs addiction to making new models OP). Without knowing what you have already I'd say 14 DC a LRC and Lemantes should do you pretty well.

soullessginger
06-02-2014, 12:02
Plus with a fully kitted out SG unit and Dante comes to nearly 500 points and is just one vindicator round from being gold and red mush (if you DS, but thats why you bought Dante).

Dkoz
06-02-2014, 12:11
Flyers are well worth the money and if it encourages GW to continue to make quality models it's well worth it. The SRG is a great way to get troops up in your opponents face quickly.

Sir Didymus
06-02-2014, 18:27
Always remember; rules change, but models remain.