PDA

View Full Version : Monstrous Beast in Cavalry Unit?

Dunk
07-02-2014, 03:40
I know that Monsters can't join other units, but can Monstrous Beast join units with normal cavalry?

My example being:

A chaos lord on Juggernaut (MC), joining a unit of chaos knight (cav)

After reading the rules, I should think that this is not a problem.
However, just want to be absolutely sure before making my final list ;)

Thanks

Nubl0
07-02-2014, 04:23
He is actually monstrous cav, and yes he can join the unit, but he won't get a look out sir roll.

Dunk
07-02-2014, 04:26
My bad, meant monstrous cav :)

But thanks!

T10
07-02-2014, 07:13
For a long while I ran variants of ab Orc & Goblin army that included a goblin battle standard on a gigantic spider leading a unit of trolls. I used this unit in no less than 15 "competitive" games (i.e. local tournaments/campaigns) and a indeterminable number of friendly games.

The BSB model got killed by a cannon exactly once.

Now, there were plenty of times where it was at risk, but most of the time my opponent had to simply focus his big guns on stuff like giants, arachnaroks and that biga-ass orc warboss swooping in on his wyvern.

Losing out on the Look Out Sir roll isn't the end of the world, is all I'm saying. It shouldn't be the first thing to stop you from doing something cool.

-T10

Dunk
07-02-2014, 10:57
For a long while I ran variants of ab Orc & Goblin army that included a goblin battle standard on a gigantic spider leading a unit of trolls. I used this unit in no less than 15 "competitive" games (i.e. local tournaments/campaigns) and a indeterminable number of friendly games.

The BSB model got killed by a cannon exactly once.

Now, there were plenty of times where it was at risk, but most of the time my opponent had to simply focus his big guns on stuff like giants, arachnaroks and that biga-ass orc warboss swooping in on his wyvern.

Losing out on the Look Out Sir roll isn't the end of the world, is all I'm saying. It shouldn't be the first thing to stop you from doing something cool.

-T10

Sounds like great fun! :)

I like winning just as much as the next guy, but to me warhammer is all about having fun. So my lists are very casual, and at times just about what looks cool or crazy ;)